PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Bristol City - 18/12/20 - KO:20:00 - Championship

Well that is OK. We have been organised and episodically skilful - a second for us might give us a massive infusion of confidence. Everyone has made a contribution. Earl has looked good going forward, Johnson has shown flashes of quality, Sinclair looks really keen to get a goal, Maguire has worked hard and showed one touch of real brilliance when he won that forward ball from Barkhuizen down our right but his lack of pace has been evident at other times. They do look vulnerable to being attacked at pace and you really do hope we throw at Riis at them.

Earl is our stand out player this half
Makes a big difference having a left footed player at left back rather than Rafferty cutting back onto his right foot every time he gets the ball, Earl seems to have regained a lot of the confidence he lost while having a bad run before his loan spells last season. Hope he gets a decent run in the side but knowing Neil, he'll be out as soon as Hughes is fit again

Just hope it isn't a game of two halves, surely AN will be expecting Bristol to change it up and stop leaving so much space in behind. Hopefully he's proactive with it.

Earl, Sinclair and Johnson have been superb in my eyes.

Well that is OK. We have been organised and episodically skilful - a second for us might give us a massive infusion of confidence. Everyone has made a contribution. Earl has looked good going forward, Johnson has shown flashes of quality, Sinclair looks really keen to get a goal, Maguire has worked hard and showed one touch of real brilliance when he won that forward ball from Barkhuizen down our right but his lack of pace has been evident at other times. They do look vulnerable to being attacked at pace and you really do hope we throw at Riis at them.
I never knew that word actually existed.
I like it and will use it more often.

Played some lovely stuff at times in that half. BC were poor but those two moves in stoppage time were superb.

Coupled with Boro game, is this progress at home at last? It better be given the rapid deterioration of our away form.
If only we could be half decent at home and half decent away, we might get somewhere 🤔 😆

Maguire has been effective, but that only really serves to highlight how much better Riis would be with his genuine pace.

Just hope it isn't a game of two halves, surely AN will be expecting Bristol to change it up and stop leaving so much space in behind. Hopefully he's proactive with it.

Earl, Sinclair and Johnson have been superb in my eyes.
Quickfire goal for us in 2nd half is just what we need.