PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Bristol City - 18/12/20 - KO:20:00 - Championship

The following programme may contain flashing images, nudity, sexual images and the occassional close ups of Alex Neils ugly mug !!!

once more our super medical dept fail to get anyone back fit but manage to have another recently returned break down 'again'.

Hughes will be a miss in both boxes.

Wonder which North End will turn up tonight?

The footballing connoisseurs who took apart Bournemouth, Brentford, Reading and Middlesboro or the footballing shit show that was walloped by Luton and outplayed by Barnsley, Rotherham?

0-0 then!
I’m going for the latter

I can’t see us doing anything up front again with a lightweight forward line, no Stockley or Riis yet again. Why?

I really hope I’m proved wrong but that formation up front at home is toothless.......again......Maguire at home just hasn’t worked.

Bit harsh on Maguire when he has only started three at home all season. Think Riis has started against Millwall, shef Wednesday and Blackburn - games in which we was all toothless. Although he did pretty well against Middlesbrough when he came off the bench.

The issue tonight isn’t up front for me. It’s in midfield. I actually don’t mind a fluid front three. The issue with Maguire up front isn’t Maguire himself but the fact we play aimless balls up to a dwarf. Our best performances (Brentford, Bournemouth, reading) have come when we have been more fluid in our attacking play.

Just poured my first drink for over 2 months after seeing that starting line up.

These two events are not linked at all 🤪

once more our super medical dept fail to get anyone back fit but manage to have another recently returned break down 'again'.

Hughes will be a miss in both boxes.

In a back 4, I don't think we'll miss him. Earl deserves the shirt, and I'd rather see Hunts if we've only got 2 CBs.

With Ledson and Potts still injured then Gallagher starts ahead of Harrop and Bayliss - that is backward-looking but has a sort of cogency to it though personally I would have preferred one of the younger players. But to start Maguire ahead of Riis and even of Stockley seems questionable. But if Barkhuizen, Johnson and Sinclair are all on form and Maguire can play as he did at Bournemouth then it may work. I hope it does.

Clinton Morrison on Sky Sports tonight...

No North End representative for the pundits again

Just poured my first drink for over 2 months after seeing that starting line up.

These two events are not linked at all 🤪
30681e48c955352938183a8e479c146f.gif