PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Swansea City - 28/09/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

There’s a lot of songs creeping in from the Euros. Heard quite a lot on Saturday from pubs etc. from throughout Euros, the Germany game being one of them. If we can keep that kind of atmosphere/singing in most of our games - then home games could give the players a good boost.

Don’t know what it was about yesterday, but the numbers seemed to be up? and I’ve not heard the fans like that since DJ Otzi was our goal tune lol (in the sense that there was constant singing from the fans).

Hopefully, it wasn’t just the good weather and the fans continue as they did Saturday. Great first game for my lad and looking forward to bringing him on again.
👍👍

There’s a lot of songs creeping in from the Euros. Heard quite a lot on Saturday from pubs etc. from throughout Euros, the Germany game being one of them. If we can keep that kind of atmosphere/singing in most of our games - then home games could give the players a good boost.

Don’t know what it was about yesterday, but the numbers seemed to be up? and I’ve not heard the fans like that since DJ Otzi was our goal tune lol (in the sense that there was constant singing from the fans).

Hopefully, it wasn’t just the good weather and the fans continue as they did Saturday. Great first game for my lad and looking forward to bringing him on again.

The playing of Sweet Caroline before the game a case in point.

Which incidentally I think is dreadful.

England fans have been singing it about Scotland for a couple of years.

The last 10 minutes was great with most of Deepdale joining in, shame it was killed by the 'DJ' blasting out Pharell Williams at full tilt the end instead of letting the fans show their appreciation.

Hopefully something they have noted.

Genuinely unbelievable.

As I posted earlier I though it was stonewaller straight away from the AKTE.

Referee was absolutely dreadful.

Some bizarre decisions.

The keeper should definitely have seen red, the Lashers defender was sent off in similar circumstances re a goal scoring opportunity with the keeper still to beat, ours was an open goal as the keeper had committed himself.

Then he penalised Ledson for a high boot when the Swans player was stooping to head the ball.

Very poor, the refs assessor was busy taking lots of notes.

Some bizarre decisions.

The keeper should definitely have seen red, the Lashers defender was sent off in similar circumstances re a goal scoring opportunity with the keeper still to beat, ours was an open goal as the keeper had committed himself.

Then he penalised Ledson for a high boot when the Swans player was stooping to head the ball.

Very poor, the refs assessor was busy taking lots of notes.

I've not seen it back but I wasn't sure if their keeper should've walked TBH.

My initial reaction was our player (Riis was it?) had taken a heavyish touch & would've been forced out wide so not a straightforward open goal. I think that's was the ref ruled anyway. Certainly could've gone either way though.

Like I say I've not seen it back so certainly would stand corrected.

I've not seen it back but I wasn't sure if their keeper should've walked TBH.

My initial reaction was our player (Riis was it?) had taken a heavyish touch & would've been forced out wide so not a straightforward open goal. I think that's was the ref ruled anyway. Certainly could've gone either way though.

Like I say I've not seen it back so certainly would stand corrected.
Yep, yellow card was the correct decision. I really don’t understand the uproar about the ref, yeah he gave them a few soft free kicks and we should’ve had a pen but he’s far from the worst we’ve had as I saw someone claim earlier.

Maybe it’s just been so long watching on iFollow that people have forgotten how bad most of the refs actually are!

Yep, yellow card was the correct decision. I really don’t understand the uproar about the ref, yeah he gave them a few soft free kicks and we should’ve had a pen but he’s far from the worst we’ve had as I saw someone claim earlier.

Maybe it’s just been so long watching on iFollow that people have forgotten how bad most of the refs actually are!
The irony is that yellow card decision was probably one of the few he got correct. He had an absolute shocker imo. It's rare that a stadium gets as wound up by a ref when (comfortably) winning 3-1.

A few soft free kicks is putting it mildly. Blew for far too many minor 'infringements'.
Agree that yellow for the keeper was the correct decision.

Lol, sorry, but he really was poor. He broke up the flow of the game and it seemed as though every challenge that we made - he blew up for.

It very much looked like ‘ex-prem’ privilege at times. There was an instance on the touchline near the dugouts where two players came together ours (not sure who) managed to back-heel the ball in a 50/50 - literally nothing in it, player didn’t go down or anything and he still give a free kick.

Sinclair was booked not long after coming on - yeah, he caught his man, but not sure if it should have been a yellow? He didn’t give a stonewall penalty and he continuously broke up the flow of play. He was giving them little free kicks and bringing play back when they had the ball and was going forward.

The other thing that was clear was that we didn’t seem to get the ‘benefit of the doubt’ being the home team etc. Any decision the officials had no idea about - they gave to Swansea.

The irony is that yellow card decision was probably one of the few he got correct. He had an absolute shocker imo. It's rare that a stadium gets as wound up by a ref when (comfortably) winning 3-1.
I found his performance just about tolerable because we were playing well and winning.
If we had been trying to get back in the game or pushing for a winner I would have been going ballistic.

I think he got that one right but the frustration is how easily he was conned repeatedly. He also gave them one about 30 seconds after the incident as soon as their manager jumped off the bench. He was really, really poor and thankfully it didn't affect the result.

Lol, sorry, but he really was poor. He broke up the flow of the game and it seemed as though every challenge that we made - he blew up for.

It very much looked like ‘ex-prem’ privilege at times. There was an instance on the touchline near the dugouts where two players came together ours (not sure who) managed to back-heel the ball in a 50/50 - literally nothing in it, player didn’t go down or anything and he still give a free kick.

Sinclair was booked not long after coming on - yeah, he caught his man, but not sure if it should have been a yellow? He didn’t give a stonewall penalty and he continuously broke up the flow of play. He was giving them little free kicks and bringing play back when they had the ball and was going forward.

The other thing that was clear was that we didn’t seem to get the ‘benefit of the doubt’ being the home team etc. Any decision the officials had no idea about - they gave to Swansea.
Yeah, it became non-contact for a while. So frustrating to watch.

The yellow card was totally wrong, Riis had rounded the keeper and his overall movement was towards the goal (even though he’d pushed the ball slightly away from directly in front of goal). He would have got to the ball and had a clear shot at goal with only a defender to slot it past.

Having said that, the substitute goalkeeper might have been mildly competent and saved the free kick!

Can’t agree with you at all there fellas.

It was the keeper who pulled him down, there were no covering defenders, without the keeper fouling him he was clear on an open goal, or could have squared it to a colleague with the keeper stranded, if that’s not a goal opportunity fuck knows what is.

Not only that but the challenge was knee high with Riis leaping to avoid it, a quite deliberate foul.

Defenders get a red carded as last man when there is still the keeper to beat, as happened to the Lashers defender at Millwall.

Can’t agree with you at all there fellas.

It was the keeper who pulled him down, there were no covering defenders, without the keeper fouling him he was clear on an open goal, or could have squared it to a colleague with the keeper stranded, if that’s not a goal opportunity fuck knows what is.

Not only that but the challenge was knee high with Riis leaping to avoid it, a quite deliberate foul.

Defenders get a red carded as last man when there is still the keeper to beat, as happened to the Lashers defender at Millwall.
This was my point at the time. I don’t agree, but can see why people can argue the goal scoring chance line, but it was a reckless challenge.

If an outfield player had done it somewhere else on the pitch, they’d have been off for endangering the opponent.

In addition the assistant on the STF side was clueless all match and continually looked to the ref for throw in decisions when in most instances he could clearly see what had taken place just a couple of yards away. So frustrating!!
As others have commented, thank goodness it didn't affect the result too much.
COYW

Yeah, it became non-contact for a while. So frustrating to watch.
And even when it was non-contact, he still managed to give Swansea a free kick!

There was an incident in the 2nd half, right in front of the tunnel, Bidwell anticipated a shoulder charge with Ledson. However, Ledson saw what he was going to do and so put the brakes on. Bidwell threw himself to the floor anyway and the ref duly obliged and gave the free kick!

And even when it was non-contact, he still managed to give Swansea a free kick!

There was an incident in the 2nd half, right in front of the tunnel, Bidwell anticipated a shoulder charge with Ledson. However, Ledson saw what he was going to do and so put the brakes on. Bidwell threw himself to the floor anyway and the ref duly obliged and gave the free kick!
Yeah that one was completely ridiculous!

This was my point at the time. I don’t agree, but can see why people can argue the goal scoring chance line, but it was a reckless challenge.

If an outfield player had done it somewhere else on the pitch, they’d have been off for endangering the opponent.

I can’t believe their keeper had the audacity to complain about it. I mean what the fuck was he complaining about. He got that hyped up about it that he fucked up for the goal.

Don’t know where they bought him from but he’s one of the worst visiting keepers I’ve seen come to Deepdale.

I thought he was dreadful.

He obviously didn’t subscribe to the theory you don’t notice a good ref.