PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Wigan v PNE - 08/02/20 - KO:12:30 - Championship

If it was any other team most people would be saying it was a professional away performance. We opened the scoring when it was even game but then ought to have been further ahead by the interval. Came out second half and doubled the lead, from there we saw it through.
only downside is conceding another soft goal. Rudd didn’t cover himself im glory but how is a 6ft 5 striker able to chest a ball down in the 6 yard box?? Honestly though Rudd should have come for the cross but the defending wasn’t great in truth.
By way of shots to save i thought rudd was relatively untested. The early effort from Lowe was a routine one as was Geldharts late effort from range.
Job done, move on.

Like I say, need to see it again but at the time it looked very poor. I question his aggression as a keeper at times, Carlo Nash battered people to claim things.

I agree, I think he lacks bravery in all truth.

If it was any other team most people would be saying it was a professional away performance. We opened the scoring when it was even game but then ought to have been further ahead by the interval. Came out second half and doubled the lead, from there we saw it through.
only downside is conceding another soft goal. Rudd didn’t cover himself im glory but how is a 6ft 5 striker able to chest a ball down in the 6 yard box?? Honestly though Rudd should have come for the cross but the defending wasn’t great in truth.
By way of shots to save i thought rudd was relatively untested. The early effort from Lowe was a routine one as was Geldharts late effort from range.
Job done, move on.

Good post, you don't get top six without a few grinds.

The quality of yesterdays goals has been well documented on this thread.
Got me thinking that there is already an impressive shortlist for goal of the season.
A good mixture of individual skill and good team play.
My shortlist to date would be

Barkhuizen v Rovers (h)
Browne v Leeds (a)
Harrop v Rovers (a)
Harrop v Charlton (h)
Sinclair v Swansea (h)
Barkhuizen v Wigan (a)
Johnson v Wigan (a).

Have I missed any other worthy candidates ?

It was a lovely cross from inside the box and hit first time.

Sometimes you just get undone by a moment of class.

Yes - that lad of theirs looked hugely promising. To put it bluntly he looked like he would fit our transfer policy pretty closely - I wonder what he would cost in the summer.

The quality of yesterdays goals has been well documented on this thread.
Got me thinking that there is already an impressive shortlist for goal of the season.
A good mixture of individual skill and good team play.
My shortlist to date would be

Barkhuizen v Rovers (h)
Browne v Leeds (a)
Harrop v Rovers (a)
Harrop v Charlton (h)
Sinclair v Swansea (h)
Barkhuizen v Wigan (a)
Johnson v Wigan (a).

Have I missed any other worthy candidates ?
Gallagher v Wigan.

Yes - that lad of theirs looked hugely promising. To put it bluntly he looked like he would fit our transfer policy pretty closely - I wonder what he would cost in the summer.
I would imagine premier league teams may be tracking him. Perhaps I am getting a bit ahead of the situation though.

Just watched the highlights, yeah, that's shit from Rudd. It's in your six yard box, be strong and punch the fucker, just do something.

I just watched them too. He stood on his line and watched events unfold in front of him.

Destined for bigger things than us I reckon. We don’t sign too many 17 year old wonder kids.

Not our policy on transfer fees, outbound, the payment of.

But on signing promising youngsters. Wonder if he is a local lad we missed - certainly looks like he is destined for big things.

He was born in Liverpool and spent all his youth team career at Wigan, so he’s not one we’ve missed out on. He caused chaos to our youth team last season. He is a special talent.