PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Millwall

We do not play balls down the channels on the floor, to allow him to use his pace to get past defenders, so to his strengths.
The service to him yesterday was poor, he had a poor game, but the type of service allowed the Milwall centre back to dominate and defend quite easily in the main. šŸ™„šŸ¤”

I disagree he had plenty of service. He ran at their defenders 2/3 times in the first half and lost it every time. Think in the first half he only had one defender in front of him and just ran into him despite having loads of space.

In the 2nd half he got past their defender and shot from an impossible angle.

This is the issue with Riis. He thinks he can score a wonder goal every time he has the ball. When sometimes a better pass is on. He continues to make the wrong decisions and this needs to be coached out of him.

I disagree he had plenty of service. He ran at their defenders 2/3 times in the first half and lost it every time. Think in the first half he only had one defender in front of him and just ran into him despite having loads of space.

This is the issue with Riis. He thinks he can score a wonder goal every time he has the ball. When sometimes a better pass is on. He continues to make the wrong decisions and this needs to be coached out of him.
Riis did jink into the box at start of second half and tee up Evans perfectly for a shot. But as per usual the shot was skewed well wide.

That's not just a Evans issue. It's a North End issue. Our shooting accuracy this season has been horrific. Here are the updated stats....

Riis: 36 shots (15 on target) 5 goals
Evans: 21 shots (7 on target) 3 goals
Maguire: 8 shots (1 on target) 0 goals

Brady: 23 shots (6 on target) 0 goals
Whiteman: 18 shots (4 on target) 1 goal
Woodburn: 15 shots (2 on target) 0 goals
McCann: 14 shots (3 on target) 0 goals
Browne: 12 shots (9 on target) 0 goals
Fernandez: 10 shots (2 on target) 0 goals
Potts: 9 shots (4 on target) 2 goals
Johnson: 7 shots (0 on target) 0 goals
Ledson: 3 shots (1 on target) 0 goals

A penalty from Whiteman and two goals from Potts is all we have to show from our midfield and wingbacks after nearly half a season.

I dunno if it's the bland of football we play. Or these individual players simply being technically poor at shooting. Or a combination of both.

Our xG for the season is 21.1 goals (but we've only scored 17 times). At -4.1 goals that's the worst xG ratio in the entire league.

Riis did jink into the box at start of second half and tee up Evans perfectly for a shot.
Aye, this conveniently forgotten by the ''what does riis do? Can't even 'hold it up'"

I watched him yesterday imo he was good, busy especially first half he a lot of attention off their back line and his link up play I don't remember him losing the ball once.

Cheds shooting is frighteningly bad we should've bagged 3 just after half time him and mccann wow

Aye, this conveniently forgotten by the ''what does riis do? Can't even 'hold it up'"

I watched him yesterday imo he was good, busy especially first half he a lot of attention off their back line and his link up play I don't remember him losing the ball once.

Cheds shooting is frighteningly bad we should've bagged 3 just after half time him and mccann wow
Riis' personal xG is 4.9. And he's scored 5. He's got a pretty thankless task up front. Often tires in the second halves of games but we've just got no alternatives. But he'll be gone next year. Will be interesting to see how he does in a better team.

Yesterday as a team we were back to putting in high balls in to the box from deep areas. Neither Potts or Brady have any 1vs1 ability.

Watching Potts at RWB is really starting to grind my gears. The amount of crossfield passes that went his way but he failed to do anything with was maddening.

But overall it's just yet another defeat sponsored by the Hemmings' lack of ambition and tight-arsedness. So I walked off Deepdale again largely feeling apathetic to the whole affair.

Riis did jink into the box at start of second half and tee up Evans perfectly for a shot. But as per usual the shot was skewed well wide.

That's not just a Evans issue. It's a North End issue. Our shooting accuracy this season has been horrific. Here are the updated stats....

Riis: 36 shots (15 on target) 5 goals
Evans: 21 shots (7 on target) 3 goals
Maguire: 8 shots (1 on target) 0 goals

Brady: 23 shots (6 on target) 0 goals
Whiteman: 18 shots (4 on target) 1 goal
Woodburn: 15 shots (2 on target) 0 goals
McCann: 14 shots (3 on target) 0 goals
Browne: 12 shots (9 on target) 0 goals
Fernandez: 10 shots (2 on target) 0 goals
Potts: 9 shots (4 on target) 2 goals
Johnson: 7 shots (0 on target) 0 goals
Ledson: 3 shots (1 on target) 0 goals

A penalty from Whiteman and two goals from Potts is all we have to show from our midfield and wingbacks after nearly half a season.

I dunno if it's the bland of football we play. Or these individual players simply being technically poor at shooting. Or a combination of both.

Our xG for the season is 21.1 goals (but we've only scored 17 times). At -4.1 goals that's the worst xG ratio in the entire league.

You only need to watch the shooting practice pre game. How many shots sail over the protective net behind the goals & into the kelly? For professional players their shooting is abysmal!

Nah he was wank yesterday, lost it pretty much every time he touched the ball in the first half.

But as @SF noted on the MDT, we don't even really try to play to his strengths. Just use him as a maverick and hope he might do something.

To get a tune out of Riis, weā€™ve got to get Fernandez putting in crosses. And we absolutely must have at least one of DJ or Brady in the 8

Yeaterdayā€™s midfield was a giant middle finger to Riisā€™s chances of being effective

Riis' personal xG is 4.9. And he's scored 5. He's got a pretty thankless task up front. Often tires in the second halves of games but we've just got no alternatives. But he'll be gone next year. Will be interesting to see how he does in a better team.

Yesterday as a team we were back to putting in high balls in to the box from deep areas. Neither Potts or Brady have any 1vs1 ability.

Watching Potts at RWB is really starting to grind my gears. The amount of crossfield passes that went his way but he failed to do anything with was maddening.

But overall it's just yet another defeat sponsored by the Hemmings' lack of ambition and tight-arsedness. So I walked off Deepdale again largely feeling apathetic to the whole affair.
Personally thought the game was entertaining and decent, thought we attacked quite well for a home game, with cheds physical approach really helping us. Where we were absolutely weak was centre mids ledson who is mostly garbage and mccann who was bullied. Browne on his own battling was good for me. Brady first half was class imo, Hughes helping also, potts for me, just be braver lad you're not gonna lose your place so as you say he can afford to step up.

We lost that game through poor defending first and fourth especially, but we really lost it in central midfield imo, crying our for dj at half time. Probably FernƔndez also.

You only need to watch the shooting practice pre game. How many shots sail over the protective net behind the goals & into the kelly? For professional players their shooting is abysmal!
There's nothing they can do if they are only rated 7 at shooting.

That is utter shit. If you disagree at least base it on what actually happened than bollocks.

He was anonymous and shit in the first half, improved when we actually played a couple of passes in behind in the second half.

Whoscored has him down as losing possession 5 times, and I donā€™t remember his losing it once in the second half

Personally thought the game was entertaining and decent, thought we attacked quite well for a home game, with cheds physical approach really helping us. Where we were absolutely weak was centre mids ledson who is mostly garbage and mccann who was bullied. Browne on his own battling was good for me. Brady first half was class imo, Hughes helping also, potts for me, just be braver lad you're not gonna lose your place so as you say he can afford to step up.

We lost that game through poor defending first and fourth especially, but we really lost it in central midfield imo, crying our for dj at half time. Probably FernƔndez also.
I'd agree yesterday was more entertaining as a game of football, than the usual standard at home.

But second half after a brief strong spell (45-55 minutes) we just completely capitulated and it was pretty embarrassing to watch the last half hour.

We've scored 1 second half goal at Deepdale in 11 games. Substitutions generally always kill the game as a spectacle. The Town End goal netting has nothing to fear from us that's for sure.

he did literally lose it in the first half every time he touched though. Me and 2 others were laughing in disbelief toward the end because of the amount of times it happened.

If anyone can explain those substitutions to me feel free.

Whenever ā€ŠPNE get a chance to move forward we bottle it.

Should have known better to get excited.

Somehow joint 6th, which I'd have taken at this point.

Home form immensely frustrating.
only the Evans one..... he signalled to the bench, just before our corner, he needed to come off and we seemed to swap the numbers given the 4th official

for the 1st time we had a dominant display from a CF and yet the strike partner playing off him was useless.... We had a great 45 minutes with 10 men.....

2nd half everything stalled once Evans had lost his energy..... and we couldnt play into his partner....

We are certainly doing our best at coaching his attributes and his goal scoring out of him.... šŸ¤”šŸ™„

for the 1st time we had a dominant display from a CF and yet the strike partner playing off him was useless.... We had a great 45 minutes with 10 men.....

2nd half everything stalled once Evans had lost his energy..... and we couldnt play into his partner....
Was wondering when we'd get your bespoke match verdict that blamed it all on Riis as usual.

You need it as some of your attempts at slamming him were a bit garbled, being polite, yesterday.
Just as a matter of interest which part of the ground do you watch from and how high up, as different viewing positions do seem to give a different perspective of player performance.
(Hope this is un-garbled enough for you)