PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Need Covid passport

Bobby... 90% of people that go onto the concourse are there to eat or drink which seemingly is exempt... The other 10% are there for a pee......And going for a smoke outside isn't on the concourse... Don't be surprised if you don't see many masks mate.
oh i know many wont be wearing them, thats the sad part, like i say me included would feel safer if everyone tried a bit more

and while i agree they are grabbing a beer/pie i dont think they are only there for that, as in they eat/drink it and leave. You hang around have a chat etc. There's eating and then theres clearly finished eating and just using it as an excuse not to wear a mask.

If you see an old bugger wearing a mask maybe they are wearing it cos they are vulnerable and dont feel safe.

Anyway said enough, not trying to be a pariah people do what they want, I wouldn't challenge anyone on it. I would and do however challenge some cunt smoking in the shitter...

masks have been proven to massively reduce transmission, as much as the conspiracy wankers may say they don't.

more importantly tho if one other person around feels more comfortable with me wearing one thats enough reason to.
They don't make much difference and that's been proven by data. Politicians (not just here) like to be seen to be doing something and that imo is why the rules on mask wearing are imposed.

Even surgical masks worn by medics during operations have been shown to make no real difference.

https://www.cochrane.org/CD002929/W...enting-surgical-wound-infection-clean-surgery

They don't make much difference and that's been proven by data. Politicians (not just here) like to be seen to be doing something and that imo is why the rules on mask wearing are imposed.

Even surgical masks worn by medics during operations have been shown to make no real difference.

https://www.cochrane.org/CD002929/W...enting-surgical-wound-infection-clean-surgery
there are literally thousands of studies that prove they do help, cant link you to them all but heres a few

not suggesting they reduce transmission to zero but even someone with limited knowledge must admit if someone sneezed its going to go less distance if they are wearing a mask, basic physics shows us that.

That report was from 2016 and isn’t about preventing transmission of an airborne virus. There are a lot of studies that show the exact opposite - but with the provision that cloth coverings are nowhere near as effective.

Just one such article here.

That report was from 2016 and isn’t about preventing transmission of an airborne virus. There are a lot of studies that show the exact opposite - but with the provision that cloth coverings are nowhere near as effective.

Just one such article here.

There are studies showing that the benefits of wearing masks to prevent airborne infections is marginal. One of the biggest problems being that people don't tend to wear them properly. The problem with these studies is that conclusions are to a large extent subjective.

Btw, wounds do get airborne infections.

What really pisses me off is that I've had all three jabs and I still have to put up with this shit.

Evidence so far is that omicron infections are relatively mild and vaccinations give significant protection from it.

there are literally thousands of studies that prove they do help, cant link you to them all but heres a few

not suggesting they reduce transmission to zero but even someone with limited knowledge must admit if someone sneezed its going to go less distance if they are wearing a mask, basic physics shows us that.
That's obviously true if the mask is worn correctly, and that's the problem.

Thing is most of the masks used are not fit for purpose, but we ordered millions of them through government contracts in the initial stages of the outbreak. The blue masks that people wear are not meant to keep out transmittable airborne droplets.

If we had spent the money on PPE2/3 masks the transmission rates would be totally different, even PPE1 masks would have had a much more preventative effect on transmission outcomes.

Thing is most of the masks used are not fit for purpose, but we ordered millions of them through government contracts in the initial stages of the outbreak. The blue masks that people wear are not meant to keep out transmittable airborne droplets.

If we had spent the money on PPE2/3 masks the transmission rates would be totally different, even PPE1 masks would have had a much more preventative effect on transmission outcomes.
That’s something that really needs emphasising. A bit of cloth over your mouth has a negligible impact, a proper mask (of preferably FFP2 standard or above) makes a real difference.

1639161773217.png

Can I ask what her baseline health was?

I got Covid October last year and it wasn't nice, just like the flu isn't so there's no denial of it from me.

Yes you can Ron. She had no underlying health issues. She was working in the health care sector, you know the one that this Gov neglected at the beginning of this awful time. She was a very early death but no mitigating issues.

A simple concept that (it appears) a lot of people cannot grasp is that whatever precaution we take cannot and does not guarantee that you will not catch covid.

However whatever precaution we do take does reduce the chance of you catching it and thus passing it on to someone else.

So the fact that you have to wear a mask in place A and not in place B has reduced the risk, but doesn't necessarily mean place B is in any way safer, just the fact that we have been allowed to have a bit more convenience.

Hi Folks,
I don't know if this has been mentioned in an earlier post and I hope I am not teaching granny to suck eggs but please consider
taking Vitamin D3 - which is actually a Hormone.
A professor friend of mine has spent the last three years studying archive research on the effect of Vit D on these types of virus - common cold and far worse SARS, MERS and now C19.
Consider taking 4000 or 5000IU/day and also take Vit K to be safe.
I hope not too many of you pour scorn on this.

Roger

There are studies showing that the benefits of wearing masks to prevent airborne infections is marginal. One of the biggest problems being that people don't tend to wear them properly. The problem with these studies is that conclusions are to a large extent subjective.

Btw, wounds do get airborne infections.

What really pisses me off is that I've had all three jabs and I still have to put up with this shit.

Evidence so far is that omicron infections are relatively mild and vaccinations give significant protection from it.

But it’s an UNKNOWN at the moment isn’t it and so the scientists and public health officials are advising for now that we should be careful until we’re confident it won’t pose a major threat. Reports from South Africa stated that the new variant was a real risk to very young children. What if that turned out to be correct?

Apparently the first two jabs give only a small amount of protection from the omicron variant and so they’re encouraging people to protect themselves by getting a booster.

I cant see the problem with all of us just accepting that this is a once in a lifetime pandemic and that we should all take simple, sensible mitigating measures to tackle it for everyone’s sake. Teamwork.

Better to wear the masks in shops etc rather than have this new variant spread out of control resulting in an overwhelmed NHS and the threat of another lockdown and the economy hit for six again.

Hi Folks,
I don't know if this has been mentioned in an earlier post and I hope I am not teaching granny to suck eggs but please consider
taking Vitamin D3 - which is actually a Hormone.
A professor friend of mine has spent the last three years studying archive research on the effect of Vit D on these types of virus - common cold and far worse SARS, MERS and now C19.
Consider taking 4000 or 5000IU/day and also take Vit K to be safe.
I hope not too many of you pour scorn on this.

Roger
You know the difference between a hormone and a vitamin?

You can’t make a vitamin……..

So, taking the discussion back to Deepdale, I'd be safer whilst watching the game but not going inside at HT for a break.
Do I keep this bloody mask on just for initially getting to my seat / leaving the Ground ?