PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil Quitchley🐍 (v2) to be sacked...

Green by all accounts was an outstanding footballer who could have gone on to greatness had injury not cut short his career.
Still very well thought of at Newcastle , I believe he went on to be a Maths teacher in Blackpool ? .

As for the West Ham match , he was told to harass Bobby Moore the ball playing England captain and centre half .

Regarding the boozing at Brian London's club ? , Moore could knock pints back but he`d usually be right as rain the next day ; apparently Jimmy Greaves * did * have a drink problem back then necking back bottles of lager .

Think I read of one West Ham player ending up in non league . The black player Clyde Best was teetotal ? .

The players did end up back at the hotel at around 2am , ordering coffee and sandwiches as a night cap ; some thought the match would still be called off .

More of a case of the press getting hold of the story ? , Blackpool weren't doing very well then ? , the old story of having to sell their best players to " bigger " clubs like Everton and Liverpool who were well backed ( The Moore's family Littlewoods etc ) .

Blackpool weren't exactly unique ~ apparently the same could be said about Rovers after the lifting of players wages .

Just how things went .

I still think they’ll make it in. I always have a horrible feeling they’ll go on this run.

Their squad is good enough to do it.

I won’t be comfortable until it’s mathematically impossible.
Their strikeforce is absolutely dire without Rhodes. The squad is nowhere near the top 5 in the league, miles off in fact, and now a gap is forming between them and 7th.

They didn't do enough in January to get top 6 imo. I'd take Oxford's squad over theirs.

Their strikeforce is absolutely dire without Rhodes. The squad is nowhere near the top 5 in the league, miles off in fact, and now a gap is forming between them and 7th.

They didn't do enough in January to get top 6 imo. I'd take Oxford's squad over theirs.

Don’t agree, personally. Think their squad is easily good enough to get into the Top 6.

Byers is a great signing for that level and a great replacement for Dougall. Dembele is as good as any on his day and if Rhodes manages to find the net again, he will be able to go on a scoring streak.

Think people like to write them off because they are Blackpool but they can quite easily put a run together.

Posh, Bolton and Oxford in their next 4 league games. Few wins there and they’ll be right in it again.

Unfortunately.

Don’t agree, personally. Think their squad is easily good enough to get into the Top 6.

Byers is a great signing for that level and a great replacement for Dougall. Dembele is as good as any on his day and if Rhodes manages to find the net again, he will be able to go on a scoring streak.

Think people like to write them off because they are Blackpool but they can quite easily put a run together.

Posh, Bolton and Oxford in their next 4 league games. Few wins there and they’ll be right in it again.

Unfortunately.
I'd be very surprised if Stevenage fall away under Evans. They only have to play three teams who are above them in the second half of the season, plus Oxford. 6pt gap and 2 games in hand over 8th.

The scum have to play Oxford, and the top 5.
That's with a distracting Vimto cup or whatever they have to play in down there.

Yes, a sad day. The teams for that game in 1918...

Blackpool: Brownsea, Wakes, Weeks, Candy, Floss, Beach, Pier (S), Tramline, Pier (C), Towers, Pier (N)

North End: Hardman, Clog, Cobble, Tripe, Onion, Elder, Hardtimes, Cotton, Backyard, Coalouse, Outsidebog.

That Towers was a big lad……
I can only assume Don Key was injured.

I'd be very surprised if Stevenage fall away under Evans. They only have to play three teams who are above them in the second half of the season, plus Oxford. 6pt gap and 2 games in hand over 8th.

The scum have to play Oxford, and the top 5.
That's with a distracting Vimto cup or whatever they have to play in down there.
Stevenage 0 Reading 1

Certainly wasn’t expecting that 😕

Be interesting to see if he eventually gets found guilty of manslaughter or try's to plead guilty to a lesser charge.
There was initially three replies to the AVFTT post , the last time I looked it was 12 .

TBF most of them didn't approve of that affray ? ( is that what it'd be classed as ? ) outside the Manchester saying that their own hooligans were far too old for all that carry on .

One did warn others not to say anything in case the Magistrates bench refered it to Crown Court .

Also the magistrates would decide if they'd get bail ? .

I agree that it would interesting to say the least , if one of them would end up on a lesser charge and pleads guilty or not .

Last edited:
I wonder when the real hatred between PNE and Blackpool happened, when i was 15 and even after they relegated us (Pickering hattrick) in 69, Me and my still long standing friend, went to watch (top division) first division football at Bloomfield Road, when it didn't clash with PNE.
We saw Suddick, Green, Hutchison, Craven all top Players who we appreciated alongside the West Ham cup game where the likes of Greaves and Moore where suspended for an all night drinking binge.
Maybe it was more simple times, but i/we never thought we were being 'traitorous' to PNE by watching Pool as bystanders, not that we where particularly bothered about the result, it has to be said, we just went for the top flight football.

I wonder if any Northenders did similar when they got in the Prem, almost 15 years ago. As in went to watch top level Football whilst still going on PNE, i doubt it as despite a so called tolerance level in certain aspects of life, Football has become more parochial and hatred based.
As much as i liked and rated Gary Peters as a Manager he has left something of a legacy of 'hatred' to our rivals up the road.
Always never liked the Tangerine Bastards, but became pure hatred when Ellis kissed the Badge in front of the Preston Fans, in a Friendly. And them, gloating about it.

But they if Burnley was in the same division and Blackpoo, then the first fixtures I look for is the Dingles. Always enjoyed the friendly-ish rivalry, the games are more fun and its left to the fans to enjoy without all the Media Hype.

🤔 It is a interesting one ! .

I can imagine that Jake Balmforth's manslaughter charge will be referred to Preston Crown Court .

If so he's going to need a good defence brief .

It is possible that Preston Magistrates could deal with the other nine on affray ( and that is the charge ) charges , on the other hand they might be needed as witnesses to be cross examined .

In some cases it's better if they plead guilty before the bench , than plead not guilty and get torn apart by barristers ; putting the judge's back up who then has the discretion to pass severer sentences .

The solicitors would prefer a Crown Court trial but that's another discussion ! .

I have read the comments ( 54 of them ) on the Blackpool Police official Facebook page , there's a Rebecca Ragozzino telling someone from Burnley to pipe down .

I've also read the Burnley and Padiham FB page and the 69 comments , quite a few are well aware of what's on the Blackpool Police page .

I've got a feeling that a manslaughter trial will be ' messy ' ? , a lot of stuff coming out about The Manchester pub , their bouncers , Blackpool Police , matches against Rovers and PNE - previous incidents , the Muckers , the Club , stewards & the ground and that East Stand ?? .

Don't think it'll end well and there'd be a lot of bad feeling for some time after the trial - Burnley becoming another Bolton ? .

Somebody said they'll have to have serious security at Preston Magistrates 1 . To keep the defendants apart 2 . Friends , relatives etc both outside and inside the court .

Inclined to agree . Anyway all best left to due process ? .

Somebody said they'll have to have serious security at Preston Magistrates 1 . To keep the defendants apart 2 . Friends , relatives etc both outside and inside the court .

Inclined to agree . Anyway all best left to due process ? .
Had a look at both the Blackpool & Burnley Police Facebook pages. Far too many armchair pundits and self appointed ITKers weighing in. I suspect they're more than happy to spout off on social media rather than assisting the authorities. The nonsense from either side serves no purpose and is only going to stand in the way of the legal system serving its purpose.

The worst thing to happen would be for the sideshow to prejudice the proceedings causing the case to collapse which would likely cause far more ramifications rather than allowing due process to take its course.