PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New crowd "Imported" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't boo either, i just get frustrated and have a whinge to my dad.

the first half last night was the first time i've seen them play so badly for 45 mins for a while. looked like some of them were still in marbella.

2nd half, in the first 10 mins before their goal, we had 2 or 3 decent chances to extend the lead and played well.

when they had equalised, simmo played his trump card of paddy and it worked wonders. we won 3-1.

hopefully, this will give the lads some confidence for saturday.

come on north end.

Are you Billy Davis? ;)

Seriously though I was the same last night, I was ready for kicking off. The reaction from certain sections of fans last night was a disgrace, in particular some of the morons at the back of the Town End who booed every misplaced pass. It's no wonder some of the lads look nervous at times. Thank f**k Lonners was out of harms way at the other end of the pitch.

If you're getting spanked 3-0 at home to Carlisle the frustration is understandable but although we were hardly at our best we were 0-0 against one of the best teams outside of the Premiership. One particular blast of derision aimed at Sedgewick was so loud it nearly knocked the poor lad over. Lesser players would have folded and gone in to hiding for the duration of the game but fortunatly he has got bigger bollocks than any of the so called fans who continue to berate him.

"Simmo, Simmo, Sort 'em out" chanted the restless, yet within minutes the same "fans" were singing "There's only 1 Simmo"

Fickle???

I sit high on the Town end and I can't stand it when I hear that "Simmo sort it out" thing in like the 37th minute! I mean, what is he going to do? Stomp ono the pitch & chin one of our players?!

I sit high on the Town end and I can't stand it when I hear that "Simmo sort it out" thing in like the 37th minute! I mean, what is he going to do? Stomp ono the pitch & chin one of our players?!

It used to work when we sang it to Moyes. With slightly different words, naturally.

Yep - they made a big thing of the crowd getting on the backs of the players initially and then took the pi55 in the second half when the helpful backing began...

As we all did!:D
Commentators must have mentioned your crowd on half a dozen occasions throughout the match and quite rightly took the piss towards the end when you were 3-1 up and the crowd were "suddenly behind the team" as one SKY commentator said(much to the amusement of his colleague).
Mind you,Cozy Powell on the drums and yer 'catch the pigeon' bugler weren`t bad.
If you get promoted this season it will be despite your crowd...not because of them!

More embarrasing than the whinging and moaning was that fucking trumpet and drums. Our fabricated, Americanised "support" is becoming far to hard to take. Summed up with that Chelsea rent boy racket.

We are becoming a national laughing stock, even the Bastards ar'ent as corny.

More embarrasing than the whinging and moaning was that f**king trumpet and drums. Our fabricated, Americanised "support" is becoming far to hard to take. Summed up with that Chelsea rent boy racket.

We are becoming a national laughing stock, even the Bastards ar'ent as corny.

Funny, we were all the rage ten years ago, how have we suddenly become American?

Most European grounds have some kind of percussion to help the supporters and their atmosphere's are a MILLION times better than ours will ever be!

Of course you could get all your mates to get together and show us at the back its done, your are more than welcome as are many of the board members on here!

If you don't like it DO something about it!

tg

PS The 'bastards' sing two songs all match every match, is that what you want?

Funny, we were all the rage ten years ago, how have we suddenly become American?

Most European grounds have some kind of percussion to help the supporters and their atmosphere's are a MILLION times better than ours will ever be!

Of course you could get all your mates to get together and show us at the back its done, your are more than welcome as are many of the board members on here!

If you don't like it DO something about it!

tg

PS The 'bastards' sing two songs all match every match, is that what you want?

Goochy, I can see your point about some of the more 'mature' fans getting involved more, but it ain't going to happen at the moment. For example, me and my mates aren't going to spend all game at the back of the BSK with kids who constantly sing songs non stop about Leeds, sing chelsea dagger for no reason etc etc.

Me and my mates try and sing at the bottom of the BSK, but constantly get told to 'sit down' by over zealous stewards and other fans. The atmosphere at Deepdale is a joke, and will continue to be. :(

For example, me and my mates aren't going to spend all game at the back of the BSK with kids who constantly sing songs non stop about Leeds, sing chelsea dagger for no reason etc etc.

Try organising a match when your lot are there in big numbers and get up top early. Take up a prime 'singing' spot, maybe centre-mid of the home section and keep belting out the songs.

Every time the kids try to sing something embarrassing you drown them out. I will make sure our 'brass section' takes his lead from you and stops the constant Chelsea Daggering (which I'm going to do anyway).

You've been up top before and WarrenJoyce can vouch for me if I say it did have some success.

tg

PS Get that Lewis lad and his mate Wellsy up there to!

Funny thing. For weeks the stewards on the AKTE were the worst for making you sit down (i remember one scolded some lad for his bad language!), but I haven't had any hassle for a few home games & I think the atmosphere is improved for it. I wonder if they have been told to ease off on the crowd control (i.e. use some common sense finally) so they don't reduce what noise levels there are.
I have said before that PNE could do with some homegrown songs - any talented songsmiths out there?

A couple of observations come questions.

Some of the comments regarding the 'older' fans may be answered by the facts that the older fans were once the younger ones and made a lot more supportive noise in those days than what goes for appreciation now. Also, a large number of us TOGs were around in the PNE dark ages when we could not imagine that we would be where we are now. Some of us even older than that recall the days when we were 'there', even in the mid 60's. Anybody got any footage of the Bolton matches? Some support then. Perhaps our rattles were louder and better made than yours.

Too many of our current generation have been brought up on a diet of instant gratification - press the button and get a result (playstations etc). Similarly instant TV playback, highlights of matches, reshowing of goals over and over. They can't cope with the tedium , frustration and at times boredom that can happen when your team are being bettered.

Please note that the latter is not a crticism of younger members. It is a fact
borne out of research and a major factor behind the behaviour difficulties of boys in school and the so called underachievemnet of that gender.

I agree with you but a lot of noise has been lost due to having to sit down at every game i can remember on the cop being at the back and when we scored ending up in the middle due to jumping of all the fans and sinnging we are the right side and the others on the other side would sing we are the left side

my honest take on it, and i was watching are center midfielders the other night, sedgewick and pergl were very poor, they failed to pick anyone up and on serveral occasions i mentioned how sedgewick was marking thin air.

we had every right to give them a kick up the backside, sorry i don't mind if we get 100% effort but we were poor in the 1st half, don't think most could believe or understand what we were seeing!

All credit to the lads in the 2nd half though!

As we all did!:D
Commentators must have mentioned your crowd on half a dozen occasions throughout the match and quite rightly took the piss towards the end when you were 3-1 up and the crowd were "suddenly behind the team" as one SKY commentator said(much to the amusement of his colleague).
Mind you,Cozy Powell on the drums and yer 'catch the pigeon' bugler weren`t bad.
If you get promoted this season it will be despite your crowd...not because of them!

One of those commentator is a west ham fan and we all know how fickle west ham fans are.Remember pardew getting them to the final ,he got booed
when his team coach departed for the final in cardiff while we gave ours a hero's sending off.

One of those commentator is a west ham fan and we all know how fickle west ham fans are.Remember pardew getting them to the final ,he got booed
when his team coach departed for the final in cardiff while we gave ours a hero's sending off.

Every club has fans who give the team and/or certain players grief and I guess they pay their money so it`s their perogative.But at the end of the day it`s counter-productive.In the past I`ve remonstrated with fans who do it,but not for a while now.These days I just shake my head. The question I used to pose to boo boys was "do you think booing him will make him play any better?".That usually does the trick.The culprit usually mumbles summat under his breath and shuts up!
But listening to your lot the other night was unbelievable.They were booing and groaning at every stray pass, from the first minute onwards.If that`s what they`re like when they`ve a good chance of promotion, I`d hate to hear `em when they`re losing and things aren`t going so well!
This was summat the commentators picked up on and the first comment was "It sounds like there`s a very unforgiving crowd on at Deepdale tonight".
They then made 4 or 5 similar comments during the course of the game.
The 'old' Dumpdale had a good atmosphere,but like many clubs that doesn`t seem to have been transferred to your new stadia.
Thankfully at our place it has.:p