PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New poll needed, RL sacked or not?

Should RL be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 558 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 147 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was the classic from Tommy Docherty.
When asked (think by Harry Carpenter) what should be done about football hooliganism he said that if capital punishment was brought in it would halve the problem by 75 per cent.
George Best:
'In 1969 i gave up Women and Alcohol -
It was the worst 30 minutes of my life' !!!

Maybe because he has energy and commitment, puts his foot in and at least has something about him, whilst he isn't the finished article there are far more North End players to 'pick on'.
Also he has his critics, so not everybody can recognise a half decent player when they see one.
Energy, commitment and a foot in? Fuck me if it was the Cha Cha slide at the Christmas Doo he would be first pick but we are trying to produce a decent football team.

I honestly think sometimes fans are watching a completely different game. Why does everybody rave about Ali McCann? Putting it bluntly, he's done fuck all since he's been at Deepdale. Like Ledson, makes the odd challenge and gives it fist pump to the crowd and fans think he's north ends answer to Jude Bellingham.

Sideways passing, lack of creativity and never influential in a game. Perfect ingredient in a Ryan Lowe tactical masterclsss.

I rate McCann wins a lot of ball back and covers a lot of ground.

Creativity was never his game, I wouldn’t be opposed to him playing in the solo CDM role seen as thought Whiteman hasn’t been up to much.

But also how has nobody who doesn’t rate Whiteman and there’s a few never called him Ben Shiteman.

Easy pickings.

I honestly think sometimes fans are watching a completely different game. Why does everybody rave about Ali McCann? Putting it bluntly, he's done fuck all since he's been at Deepdale. Like Ledson, makes the odd challenge and gives it fist pump to the crowd and fans think he's north ends answer to Jude Bellingham.

Sideways passing, lack of creativity and never influential in a game. Perfect ingredient in a Ryan Lowe tactical masterclsss.

Ask him to play more advanced and get involved with attacking play and he's a waste of time.

That's because he's a defensive mid, put him there and he defends very, very well. I'd play him there over Whiteman every time who should be further forward.

You can't have your entire midfield trying to progress the ball, look at our promotion team, Ali McCann can do the exact same job as John Welsh but has much more mobility.

Problem is, under Lowe, none of our midfielders are allowed to try and progress the ball it seems, unless Browne goes on a run.

Why haven’t QPR or Millwall snapped up Eustace? Absolute madness he hasn’t been a top contender for either. Think Jones and Millwall has the potential to turn very ugly🤣

It's an absolute given that he'll nick a win in one of these next two games to keep his job for another six months, boring us to tears indefinitely.

There's a worrying amount of people who just accept awful football and 14th place, just because we don't have a massive budget, why can't we play more entertaining football and finish in the top 10?

It's an absolute given that he'll nick a win in one of these next two games to keep his job for another six months, boring us to tears indefinitely.

There's a worrying amount of people who just accept awful football and 14th place, just because we don't have a massive budget, why can't we play more entertaining football and finish in the top 10?

In theory we should be able to. We just can't afford to keep sacking every manager who reverts to pragmatic, boring football to scrape points for as long as he can.

Because thus far, that's all of them, since coming back up.

In theory we should be able to. We just can't afford to keep sacking every manager who reverts to pragmatic, boring football to scrape points for as long as he can.

Because thus far, that's all of them, since coming back up.
It's up to the club to find the right manager, set a philosophy, and ensure we make the most of the players we've just spent £4m on, or else why invest at all?

Pragmatic football is one thing, but it's not acceptable when it still leads us to conceding 14 in 6.

Our current defensive options are an easy excuse but Grayson regularly kept clean sheets with Wright, Huntington, and Clarke who were all slow, non-technical plodders at this level. We just don't look like a team that is given any coaching or work on anything in training.

It's up to the club to find the right manager, set a philosophy, and ensure we make the most of the players we've just spent £4m on, or else why invest at all?

Pragmatic football is one thing, but it's not acceptable when it still leads us to conceding 14 in 6.

Our current defensive options are an easy excuse but Grayson regularly kept clean sheets with Wright, Huntington, and Clarke who were all slow, non-technical plodders at this level. We just don't look like a team that is given any coaching or work on anything in training.

I don't disagree. Just saying that it keeps happening. The club is clearly happy to trust a manager, up until the point that we look relegation threatened.

People don't give a monkeys how we play if we're winning. We saw that at the start of the season. And vice versa, we can be as attacking as you like, but it will be unacceptable if we are losing too much.

For me, it doesn't seem like Lowe has a clue how to fix this. Ledson coming back in was a terrible sign for me, because it told me he didn't even understand the problem.

I don't disagree. Just saying that it keeps happening. The club is clearly happy to trust a manager, up until the point that we look relegation threatened.

People don't give a monkeys how we play if we're winning. We saw that at the start of the season. And vice versa, we can be as attacking as you like, but it will be unacceptable if we are losing too much.

For me, it doesn't seem like Lowe has a clue how to fix this. Ledson coming back in was a terrible sign for me, because it told me he didn't even understand the problem.
Yep. Just baffles me why the club spent money when they could have just signed a few loans and Bradys/ Woodburns on a free and get the same outcome.

Although a few elements (Mads, Milly etc) are unproven we actually do have a decent championship squad, I'm sure that there are many competent managers available who could really get a tune out of us.

Lowe, so far hasn't been able to do this with any shred of consistency. Any less than 4 points from the next 3 games ans I believe he will have to go.

It’s the Alex Neil cycle. Bored to death, 5 games where we lose 3 and draw 1 then he salvages a win in the game to keep his job, I’ll support the club no matter what but when it gets like that it’s frustrating.

Well he’s pencilled in to meet the fans end of November

Let’s hope we win a game in the meantime

I’m not a manager but even I would have said we aim to be in the top 6 before the break. He obviously does not have enough confidence in his own ability

Status
Not open for further replies.