PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Next 3 Games

JB

Surely, depending on results the next 3 games could see us pull away from the play offs or see us drop back into the mix with swindon and MK Dons, as Swindon have some difficult games coming

If we take our next few games and swindon stall with a few draws or even better a few defeats, we could be looking at a gap of around 8/9 points with 5 to play, surely this would be enough to clinch the 2nd automatic spot, all be it not mathmatically but mentally for swindon trying to catch a 9 point gap with 5 to play would be a difficult ask from swindowns point of view?

I understand we dont excatly have an easy run in but its easier than Swindons surely? Whats your thoughts?

Next 3 games Next 3 Games
Preston: Swindon:
Rochdale (Home) MK Dons (Home)
Bradford (Away) Bristol City (Away)
Bristol City (Home) Peterborough (Home)

Surely, depending on results the next 3 games could see us pull away from the play offs or see us drop back into the mix with swindon and MK Dons, as Swindon have some difficult games coming

If we take our next few games and swindon stall with a few draws or even better a few defeats, we could be looking at a gap of around 8/9 points with 5 to play, surely this would be enough to clinch the 2nd automatic spot, all be it not mathmatically but mentally for swindon trying to catch a 9 point gap with 5 to play would be a difficult ask from swindowns point of view?

I understand we dont excatly have an easy run in but its easier than Swindons surely? Whats your thoughts?

Next 3 games Next 3 Games
Preston: Swindon:
Rochdale (Home) MK Dons (Home)
Bradford (Away) Bristol City (Away)
Bristol City (Home) Peterborough (Home)

What about MK Dons mate?

I agree about MK Dons, they 'on paper' have the easiest run in of the bunch. Im more wary of them than Swindon. Though still its in our own hands.

If I had to predict I'd guess we will go WDD and Swindon will go WDW.

I'm worried about the Bradford game to be honest. Awful pitch, a team desperately chasing the play-offs, and we haven't beaten them since they got promoted to League One (D2 L1).

It will be huge if we can win on Friday and then Swindon-MKD ends a draw.

Theres only one team that worries me, thats Preston North End. Up to this point theyve proved they have the consistency to gain automatic promotion and not go into the play offs. From this this stage on, though, every game is like a play of game.

Theres only one team that worries me, thats Preston North End. Up to this point theyve proved they have the consistency to gain automatic promotion and not go into the play offs. From this this stage on, though, every game is like a play of game.

There is only one person that worries me

To be honest, MK Dons do worry me with their remaining fixtures im not sure which game they'll drop points in (apart from Swindon which for obvious reasons we all want a draw) maybe Rochdale away?

but hopefully we'll be well on our way to the championship by the 2nd to last game of the season id hate to have it go down to the wire as i feel North End would bottle it as we always do in big occasions,

but, Having said that i do think a 5 point gap already between them and us shoulod certainly be too much to catch us with only a small number of games to play, as mentioned in earlier threads is in our hands and to drop 5 points in order for MK to catch us would be shocking spell to the end of the season from our part.

It is all in our own hands. All we should care about is how we do. But if we do win tomorrow then we will increase the pressure on the teams behind us.

To be honest, MK Dons do worry me with their remaining fixtures im not sure which game they'll drop points in (apart from Swindon which for obvious reasons we all want a draw) maybe Rochdale away?

but hopefully we'll be well on our way to the championship by the 2nd to last game of the season id hate to have it go down to the wire as i feel North End would bottle it as we always do in big occasions,

but, Having said that i do think a 5 point gap already between them and us shoulod certainly be too much to catch us with only a small number of games to play, as mentioned in earlier threads is in our hands and to drop 5 points in order for MK to catch us would be shocking spell to the end of the season from our part.

Apart from when we snuck into the play offs in 2009 with virtually the last kick of the season?

If I had to predict I'd guess we will go WDD and Swindon will go WDW.

I'm worried about the Bradford game to be honest. Awful pitch, a team desperately chasing the play-offs, and we haven't beaten them since they got promoted to League One (D2 L1).

It will be huge if we can win on Friday and then Swindon-MKD ends a draw.

I predict for the next 3 games. PNE - WLD STFC - WLW.

This would leave us 2 points behind you with a game in hand.. Flick a coin...

True. But surely Swindon fans are saying exactly the same thing.

Yes true - but depending on results that might not be the case by the end of the bank holiday week-end. As I said tomorrow gives us the chance to put them under the pressure of having to win merely to keep pace with us. But we have to do that and the only way we will do that is by focussing on one match at a time.