PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Perspective

pnegsd

I'm gonna go and hide under a rock from the reaction but....

Rational facts:
- joint 6th (just!) every fan takes when offered before WC in July
-Ched Evans we're seeing now is a big plus from what we thought 7/8 weeks ago
-Lose at Reading and win the 3pts today instead and the walk out the stadium mood is flipped
-losing today displays that we're papering over systemic cracks before meeting with club. A win and the club can argue investment is not needed

Emotional perspective:
If you don't go to away games, Deepdale feels like you are watching the equivalent standard of a team in a relegation battle which is an issue as this is where the majority of fans are invested in the team! 😂

Rational facts:
- joint 6th
gif-shaking-head-23.gif

Defending was abysmal today, amateur stuff.
A home win would have built on the previous 3 wins (it shouldn't be a choice of win this game or that game).
Could have been in a great position going into the WC break, but no, this clubs players ALWAYS let the fans down when there's something to achieve. Shouldn't be surprised.
Mid table will be an achievement this season, that's perspective.

One thing that has been evident to me is the lack of quality or eagerness when we are losing in the second half, we have no one who can flip the game on its head to come on from the bench. Millwall over the summer invested in that Number 10 Zian Flemming and scored a hatrick of goals today, if we had that sort of funding to do that i think we would be right where Rovers and Burnley currently sit.

Don't think the Championship has ever been this open before.

It's there for taking for someone and apart from about 6 teams could be in the play offs.

As frustrating as it's been leaving Deepdale on occasions to be where we are is encouraging.

The manager needs backing in January, we've been here before though.

FhYSJYMX0AI--jy.jpeg

It's there for taking for someone and apart from about 6 teams could be in the play offs.

As frustrating as it's been leaving Deepdale on occasions to be where we are is encouraging.

View attachment 9945
Look at that table though, makes me want to register with AVFTCrackhouse again - see if I can get past one post before getting banned 😅

View attachment 9945
I think one of the reasons the championship is open is that managers seem obsessed with “matching each other up”. Every game the teams play the same formation and you get cagey games that could go either way. What was the one game we went 4 at the back? Boro, because we knew that’s what they were playing.

Today, for once, we started with teams playing different formations which led to a rare basketball game. Rowett then matched it up and it went stagnant stalemate. Until we gifted them two goals of course.

Yeah that bit was clutching haha.

Mathematically true though!
Ignoring goal difference at this stage, when painting a broad picture, is not stretching it one bit. Only someone who is desperately seeking negatives would do so.
I think the broad picture says we’re joint 7th though- because at an intermediate point of the season, imo it’s points per game that’s a better measure than total points - and Coventry join the top five in being above us on that measure. But the fact remains, we’re “up there” and it’s perfectly rational and reasonable to state that we’d have been happy if told that back in July.

Ignoring goal difference at this stage, when painting a broad picture, is not stretching it one bit. Only someone who is desperately seeking negatives would do so.
I think the broad picture says we’re joint 7th though- because at an intermediate point of the season, imo it’s points per game that’s a better measure than total points - and Coventry join the top five in being above us on that measure. But the fact remains, we’re “up there” and it’s perfectly rational and reasonable to state that we’d have been happy if told that back in July.
Our goal difference is 6 worse than 6th place after 21 games.

It's something we need to address, not ignore.

Read # 6..... He's right. I can think of at least four teams/squads that this lot wouldn't live with and I'm pretty certain that Lowe won't be backed to improve matters. Waxing lyrical about our current position is the realm of the chairman and you'd hardly call him trustworthy...

Nope the broad picture says we are joint 9th, well it would it was a golf course score board :)