PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Planned protest (post match inside stadium)

Hearing rumours of a planned protest on the AKTE AFTER the upcoming home match this Saturday against Peterborough. A chance for the fans to show what they think with banners and songs aimed at the owner and the man who runs the club (Ridsdale).

This will be a peaceful protest to give the club a chance to turn things around before the end of the transfer window. If things don’t change by the end of the month, then things can be expected to turn toxic and nasty, outside the ground as well.

For years, us as club have watched all local teams around us reach the premier league and make themselves be seen and heard globally. Us as fans deserve our chance after years of paying hard earned money. We now all must realise that the club is going backwards, and will be soon back in league 1 (for much longer than last time I fear) if things don’t drastically change at the top. There is no clear plan of way forward or anything.

As for the after match protest, I think I recall Liverpool doing the same on their Kop under while under the ownership of Hicks and Gillette. And voices were heard.

I hope this is well supported and fans take it up. For once I’d like to see our fans really fighting for the club and letting these owners know how useless they are. It’s all well and good bitching about it on forums/Twitter/Facebook, or moaning in the stands - but if you want real change, you need to fight for it.

Hearing rumours of a planned protest on the AKTE AFTER the upcoming home match this Saturday against Peterborough. A chance for the fans to show what they think with banners and songs aimed at the owner and the man who runs the club (Ridsdale).

This will be a peaceful protest to give the club a chance to turn things around before the end of the transfer window. If things don’t change by the end of the month, then things can be expected to turn toxic and nasty, outside the ground as well.

For years, us as club have watched all local teams around us reach the premier league and make themselves be seen and heard globally. Us as fans deserve our chance after years of paying hard earned money. We now all must realise that the club is going backwards, and will be soon back in league 1 (for much longer than last time I fear) if things don’t drastically change at the top. There is no clear plan of way forward or anything.

As for the after match protest, I think I recall Liverpool doing the same on their Kop under while under the ownership of Hicks and Gillette. And voices were heard.
Is this official?

I remember back in the 90's, when fans staged a stand in, 1 hour after the game they was forced to leave by police and they stayed outside. The reason the Police wanted to remove people outside the ground was down to costs.

Anyway I won't condemn anyone taking these sort of PEACEFUL protests, but I will ask ALL fans to please keep them peaceful, remember Stewards do have a job to do, so don't take it out on them and Please do not stoop to the stupid actions of Clubs not far away from us. Allow the game to start and finish on time, keep off the pitch, don't damage anything and don't do anything that could cost the club big money or points deductions. And please still support the lads on the Pitch during the game.

We are Preston, we do it the Gentry way and we show anyone genuinely interested in our club that we have respect.

Ridsdale should be stopped from entering the stadium on Saturday. That old cunt Hemmings will be sat in his tax haven, so the Dodger is our target.

After…..

Absolutely fucking clueless.

Can’t want rid of the owner and his puppet then continue to fund the product they’re putting out.

It needs to be aimed at TH, he determines the budget for recruitment. Risdale, in fairness, is just the public view embodiment of what TH decides.

I’ve said in a previous post, unless TH changes tact or sells up we will always be stuck in this rut. Sell our assets, replace with absolute bin juice.

The wheels have definitely fallen off, will there be some drastic action at the club before weekend? I can’t see it.

Huge negatives now on and off the pitch, I think Frankie doesn’t have support anywhere.

The club needs to get out some positive vibes and quickly.

Fans are not happy with every level in the club, ownership, board, management, playing staff. I don’t think there has been this level of frustration since we had the 20 directors board shambles years ago.

There is one key position, Ridsdale, he to me is responsible for running the club, appointment of manager, signing of players. The owner is not likely to change, but Ridsdale is a paid employee in a key position and is the one I see as responsible.

If there is a demonstration it needs to be targeted to get results.

there'll be no one left in the stadium at full time after we lose again, everyone will get up and leave with 5 mins to go

It needs to be aimed at TH, he determines the budget for recruitment. Risdale, in fairness, is just the public view embodiment of what TH decides.

I’ve said in a previous post, unless TH changes tact or sells up we will always be stuck in this rut. Sell our assets, replace with absolute bin juice.
Sorry Peter, but we are coming for you ;)

I'd back a protest. Ultimately needs to be aimed towards the owner though. Protesting for the manager or Ridsdale to be sacked doesn't change a lot given we are being asset stripped; they're just the yes men employed to do the job. If a protest does happen it needs to happen before or during the game. We lose to Peterborough and the ground will be empty come 90 minutes.