PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE have never had the bottle in my lifetime

Weve won 2 out of our last 7 matches, can we win 3 on the bounce now?

Was the "bottle" lost on the 1st penalty we conceded, or the 2nd, or more a "bottle" mixture between the two penalties?

The bottle was lost when we go 2-1 up, were 2nd in the table they get a man sent off and I cant remember one shot on goal after that for us.

Too negative an approach - we need to be going for the jugular. Same old shite as usual - if its the play offs they will get stuffed as usual.

The thing I don't get now (despite saying the same myself recently) is people claiming that it is in our hands. We can't win and can't see out games so it isn't in our hands. MK amd Swindon will keep winning as their confidence is up, while we are on our knees again. While we are still 4 points clear, if we had done what MK and Swindon are doing, and finished off Fleetwood, Barnsley, Gillingham and Port Vale tonight, we would be on the cusp of promotion. As it us, we are still mikes away and playing like a bunch if strangers.

No other team would collapse as we do every time wE get into a position of promise. What the hell is wrong with our club ??
This is going to seriously ruin my weekend and I am just fed up with the whole damn situation.

The thing I don't get now (despite saying the same myself recently) is people claiming that it is in our hands. We can't win and can't see out games so it isn't in our hands. MK amd Swindon will keep winning as their confidence is up, while we are on our knees again. While we are still 4 points clear, if we had done what MK and Swindon are doing, and finished off Fleetwood, Barnsley, Gillingham and Port Vale tonight, we would be on the cusp of promotion. As it us, we are still mikes away and playing like a bunch if strangers.

Haha what bollocks, course its in our hands, we have more points, if we win our next 3, we are up

I've had 50 years of this shit,and i am getting to the end of my tether. If we don't go up automatically, i can't face more disappointment in the play offs, we bottle every thing, i've been depressed all fucking week, totally and utterly pissed off. C>>>TS

The bottle was lost when we go 2-1 up, were 2nd in the table they get a man sent off and I cant remember one shot on goal after that for us.
Well, I wasn't there, but Sky Sports site says we had an effort saved from Robinson on 68 minutes at 2-1, and Gallagher had a couple of off-target shots after that, one very close. Vale had a couple of efforts saved too, apparently.

But what I'm getting at is this: is the word "bottle" really appropriate for a draw where the equaliser came from a late penalty conceded by John Welsh?

Because this doesn't feel like a case of "bottle" to me - it feels like a case of "late penalty was awarded in a three-penalty game".

Just my opinion, of course, but I hope you see what I mean.