PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

Wrexham pegged back to 2-2. Regardless of the end result, theirs is the kind of performance a manager can rightly say he is proud of, they are having a right bloody go. And the gap between them is far bigger than us and spurs. In theory anyway.

Yeah, not sure you can use the ol' number of league places thing when comparing to a champions league side.

Proper chance for Wrexham now though, red card sheff u!

FFS The way he moves his body, not his movements on the pitch, or his playing ability, his mannerisms.
"Mannerisms"? I never watched Gregan too closely for his mannerisms, tbh. I was too busy watching him regularly boss a midfield in a way Ledson never could in a thousand years. What are his "mannerisms"? Are they the way he flicks his hair when another of his passes sails into touch, or the way he flails his arms towards his teammates when he loses his man again?

The young 'uns on this forum may not remember the day trips to Wrexham when both teams were languishing in Div 4. Those were the days. Parking on Lowthorpe Road after arriving there 30 minutes before kick-off, part of the Kop fenced off because it was about to fall down, leaking roof (oh, it's the same now on the AK) applying for re-election to the Football League .

Good officiating with the sending off,
Who was that character holding Jebbisons hand down the tunnel, what a clown!
I noticed that, total wannabe gangsta type. Spitting as he walked past the home fans then giving it large as he disappears down the tunnel. Can you imagine anyone dressed like that on the bench in the old days with the likes of Cloughie in charge 🤣
Rhiann Brewster?

I believe Jebbison kicked out but not caught totally on camera.
He was a player?? Unbelievable.

Wrexham pegged back to 2-2. Regardless of the end result, theirs is the kind of performance a manager can rightly say he is proud of, they are having a right bloody go. And the gap between them is far bigger than us and spurs. In theory anyway.
I'm not so sure the gap between Wrexham and Utd and us and Spurs is greater.
Spurs a top six PL side currently in the CL with an elite manager together with the finances that goes with it.
In terms if league position then yes but in terms of class, I'm not so sure.

I'm not so sure the gap between Wrexham and Utd and us and Spurs is greater.
Spurs a top six PL side currently in the CL with an elite manager together with the finances that goes with it.
In terms if league position then yes but in terms of class, I'm not so sure.
That’s why I added, in theory. In reality I’d say Wrexham are currently miles better than us !

I noticed that, total wannabe gangsta type. Spitting as he walked past the home fans then giving it large as he disappears down the tunnel. Can you imagine anyone dressed like that on the bench in the old days with the likes of Cloughie in charge 🤣

He was a player?? Unbelievable.
Exactly, thought he was his minder!
Baseball cap, 2 earrings , professional attire or what then having a snarl at a supporter at the tunnel.
Beggars belief!

You rarely see as an insipid performance as ours last night, with home teams Vs higher opposition in the cup.
That’s why I added, in theory. In reality I’d say Wrexham are currently miles better than us !
It helps they have an ownership who don't just want to kick about in non league forever.

The young 'uns on this forum may not remember the day trips to Wrexham when both teams were languishing in Div 4. Those were the days. Parking on Lowthorpe Road after arriving there 30 minutes before kick-off, part of the Kop fenced off because it was about to fall down, leaking roof (oh, it's the same now on the AK) applying for re-election to the Football League .
We’ve started going on the downward slope again , leaky roof , watch this space .😱😰

Lowe’s ego will stop him from seeing this Wrexham performance and contemplating what we put out last night

Get in!!!! I’m of the age where I should hate Wrexham given our rivalry in the 70/80s but by god they fully deserve to be winning this match. Please please give them a huge draw in the next round. In fact let them play Spurs and show us how they can be got at.