PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Stoke City - 9/03/24 - KO:3PM - Championship

Best thing of that half was the really dramatic linesman who shaped up to give stoke the corner then changed his mind in the most dramatic way possible.

Footballs been in the air more than on the pitch. Got a crick in my neck

This has been a tough contest and if anything it is a bit of a relief to go in level at half-time. But I don't think that our opponents have any more than they have shown so far while we can certainly do a lot better. We need to play more forward passes for Riis and Millar to run onto - there have have too many square balls to the latter. We have yet to create a clearcut chance - it is vital that if we do we stick it away.

This has been a tough contest and if anything it is a bit of a relief to go in level at half-time. But I don't think that our opponents have any more than they have shown so far while we can certainly do a lot better. We need to play more forward passes for Riis and Millar to run onto - there have have too many square balls to the latter. We have yet to create a clearcut chance - it is vital that if we do we stick it away.
They have won the midfield battle but they cannot pass at all in the final third.

Good job really

Thought Lindsay was better than both of them tbh. Storey kills every attack.

You’ve got two options when Storey has space. Either a slow pass 2 yards behind the right wing back or a turn inside and 15 yard ball to whichever of Whiteman and Lindsay happens to be deeper.

Defended ok but really hasn’t had much to do.

Looking at the penalty call again, I think Riis has just been a bit naive in how he's gone down. If he'd fallen across the defender it would have been a better sell.

Not advocating diving, but you know what I mean

They’ve shut down our wing backs very well and the key to this game is getting them on the front foot.

My fist half summary.... absolute shite... we look like weve gone back 10 games and are devoid of ideas.
Lets hope for a better second half