PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE Youth Team: 2022/23 Season

26' 3-0 Nelson is picked out on the edge of the area by a throw-in. He passes to Lewis Leigh five yards behind. Leigh takes a touch to set himself and then finds the bottom corner with a low drive.

30' 4-0 Slater anticipates the Walsall goal-kick and wins the header. It falls to Nelson who runs forward and then finds the back of the net with a fantastic strike from 20 yards out.

39' A sublime long field pass from Leigh floats over the Walsall defence and is taken down expertly by Cross-Adair. He lays it off for Nelson whose deflected shot is caught by the Walsall goalie.

39' A sublime long field pass from Leigh floats over the Walsall defence and is taken down expertly by Cross-Adair. He lays it off for Nelson whose deflected shot is caught by the Walsall goalie.
Nelson sounds like a handful……..

⏱️
Half-Time: #PNEU19 4-0 Walsall A ruthless first-half performance from the young Lilywhites sees them going into the break with a commanding lead.

Nelson sounds like a handful……..
Kitt Nelson was a huge contributor to North End U19s’ double-winning 2021/22 campaign.

The midfielder has been with the club since the U9 level and was rewarded with a scholarship in the summer of 2021.

With his fantastic dribbling ability and intelligent movement off the ball, he was always a player who could be relied upon, whether starting or coming off the bench.

His highlight of the season undoubtedly came when he scored a terrific brace in a 5-3 win over Bolton Wanderers in April 2022.

56' Lewis Leigh sets Kian Best and his 30-yard strike stings the gloves of the Walsall 'keeper.

4-0

67' Leigh wins a tackle on the edge and passes to Amaral. He slides in N. Mawene whose shot from inside the area is dragged just wide

Oh my goodness, that went way over my head !!!
Same here mate.

I’ve tried to find his place of birth but it just shows England. He’s been with us since he was 9 so I suspect he’s local. I think I remember reading about him a while back and I think he is from Preston.

73' Leigh's free-kick is spilled by the keeper. It bounces out to N. Mawene who checks back and returns it to Leigh. The captain's second effort is inches wide.

4-0

89' Slater is slid in by Nelson and passes across the goal. N.Mawene meets it at the back stick and strikes the outside of the post.