PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

I’ve largely given up Raef as modern group think is seemingly unstoppable. Just on the boat back from Belfast after a break in Northern Ireland. I will post the odd thing here and there I’m sure but as I said more than once to friends this week... all you can really do is look after your family and be nice to people you meet.
If we all did that, the world would be just fine.

No it's not pal...... There's a lot of us freelancers still knocking about who find the people with a different opinion to mine mentality hilarious and we will never conform.. Long live individuality and bollocks to lemmings. (y)

Do you not find it a little bit ironic though, that the very people that are screaming about cancel culture have nothing but media exposure 🤷‍♀️ how can people who are getting newspaper articles claim they are being cancelled at the same time.

It doesn’t exist imo, it's just people with shitty and controversial opinions playing victim when those shitty opinions are challenged.
Thats How I see it.

No problem with people having vile views and even sharing them but if those views get challenged for the disgrace they are stop crying about it.

"Cancel Culture?"

What a load of drivel. The majority of Brits that Ive met over my years are plain and simply not vile.

Do you not find it a little bit ironic though, that the very people that are screaming about cancel culture have nothing but media exposure 🤷‍♀️ how can people who are getting newspaper articles claim they are being cancelled at the same time.

It doesn’t exist imo, it's just people with shitty and controversial opinions playing victim when those shitty opinions are challenged.

Playing victim is quite popular on here.... I'm saving that one in the vault...

He seems to think that it gives him a presidential look to keep a low,profile and to helicopter in from time to time Red Adair style to redirect policy. Its just every time he does, things get worse when that seemed impossible. Useless sack should just bugger off back to Turkey or US or Russia or wherever he came from. A typical product of our wonderful elitist educational system. Knows sod all about life. Story teller.
Racist POS.

Bugger off back to where he came from?

Read that again and if you still think that is acceptable you’re a twat.

From the exam thread... but more appropriate to ask here (it refers to the prime minister and how he hides from difficult situations)... How is this even remotely racist... let alone an apparently serious case?

From the exam thread... but more appropriate to ask here (it refers to the prime minister and how he hides from difficult situations)... How is this even remotely racist... let alone an apparently serious case?
It’s ridiculous, especially from someone who has a meltdown if someone dares to call him ‘extreme’

It’s ridiculous, especially from someone who has a meltdown if someone dares to call him ‘extreme’

I really would be happy to hear an explanation because sometimes I have learned a new perspective with things like this

Johnson is a privileged white male, born in the USA. I can only guess that @Snicky is calling this out as dreadful racism on the grounds that it’s somehow a slur on some white males and he might well trot out the line “what if the PM was black and had been told “to go back to Africa or Jamaica or wherever” - which would be very different.

Looks like the definition of political correctness gone mad - and, as you say, rather ironic coming from this character.

I really would be happy to hear an explanation because sometimes I have learned a new perspective with things like this

Johnson is a privileged white male, born in the USA. I can only guess that @Snicky is calling this out as dreadful racism on the grounds that it’s somehow a slur on some white males and he might well trot out the line “what if the PM was black and had been told “to go back to Africa or Jamaica or wherever” - which would be very different.

Looks like the definition of political correctness gone mad - and, as you say, rather ironic coming from this character.
Well you’ll have to ask him, he’s got me on ignore allegedly 😁

What "this character" means by calling out the "go back to where he came from" remark is because it stinks of the double standards of those on the left, as usual.

All those who love the current pathetic trend of identity politics are guilty of playing the same game, using someones skin colour to determine what can or cannot be said about that person. Like you pointed out above, if he was black he would never have said it. That should not be an excuse to say this about anybody else born abroad.

I have never said anything racist about a person or to a person and have never judged anybody based on skin colour, where they were born or by what "class" they belong to alone. I'm certainly not scared of voicing my opinion on certain groups or people of colour for their behaviour and I will never shy away from doing so out of fear of being labelled.

What "this character" means by calling out the "go back to where he came from" remark is because it stinks of the double standards of those on the left, as usual.

All those who love the current pathetic trend of identity politics are guilty of playing the same game, using someones skin colour to determine what can or cannot be said about that person. Like you pointed out above, if he was black he would never have said it. That should not be an excuse to say this about anybody else born abroad.

I have never said anything racist about a person or to a person and have never judged anybody based on skin colour, where they were born or by what "class" they belong to alone. I'm certainly not scared of voicing my opinion on certain groups or people of colour for their behaviour and I will never shy away from doing so out of fear of being labelled.
Snowflake

I was right then. Political Correctness gone mad😁

Portishead Pete didn’t judge Boris Johnson on his skin colour. But you somehow saw so much racism in his post - it made him a racist tw*t 😳

We all know where you’re coming from with your anti-left agenda - and it’s good to raise sensible challenges when appropriate. But that agenda is badly colouring your judgment on this one. IMO, of course.

I was right then. Political Correctness gone mad😁

Portishead Pete didn’t judge Boris Johnson on his skin colour. But you somehow saw so much racism in his post - it made him a racist tw*t 😳

We all know where you’re coming from with your anti-left agenda - and it’s good to raise sensible challenges when appropriate. But that agenda is badly colouring your judgment on this one. IMO, of course.

Note what I said, " That should not be an excuse to say this about anybody else born abroad. "

Note what I said, " That should not be an excuse to say this about anybody else born abroad. "

This is exactly the sort of thinking and political correctness that is suffocating our society- and something you rail against when you think others have done it.

This is you inventing offence on behalf of a person/ group who aren’t offended. And you’re censoring speech on the off chance that someone, somewhere MIGHT be offended.

Life would be extremely dull if we were never allowed to say a sentence that, if used in a very very different context, might be offensive to somebody. There would be almost no comedy, theatre or lively debate.

This is exactly the sort of thinking and political correctness that is suffocating our society- and something you rail against when you think others have done it.

This is you inventing offence on behalf of a person/ group who aren’t offended. And you’re censoring speech on the off chance that someone, somewhere MIGHT be offended.

Life would be extremely dull if we were never allowed to say a sentence that, if used in a very very different context, might be offensive to somebody. There would be almost no comedy, theatre or lively debate.
No, as I stated, I'm rallying against the hypocrisy of those who base what they can or cant say or who they can or can't abuse based on skin colour.

No, as I stated, I'm rallying against the hypocrisy of those who base what they can or cant say or who they can or can't abuse based on skin colour.

You sometimes do point out thinks that can reasonably interpreted as hypocritical - but this just isn’t even close.

A massively naive view - or maybe just determined try to find fault no matter what. I don’t know which - but you’re so far off beam, I will leave it at that.

Keep digging. Apart from your obvious confusion between racism and xenophobia, youve got yourself all offended by my use of a phrase inherited by some of our nationalists. The context of my remark is my belief that the person leading our country does consistently appear to me to be governing against the interests of the country i.e. he doesnt appear to me to be batting for Britain as we head for an economic meltdown and long term decline and he's absent on leave again. I think therefore its entirely right to question (in this case jibe about) his national credentials and background that might go some way to explain why hes taking us to hell in a handcart. Going to Eton and talking posh doesnt quite prove it for me and is a good front. You just wanted a cheap pop because you dont like my views.

Keep digging. Apart from your obvious confusion between racism and xenophobia, youve got yourself all offended by my use of a phrase inherited by some of our nationalists. The context of my remark is my belief that the person leading our country does consistently appear to me to be governing against the interests of the country i.e. he doesnt appear to me to be batting for Britain as we head for an economic meltdown and long term decline and he's absent on leave again. I think therefore its entirely right to question (in this case jibe about) his national credentials and background that might go some way to explain why hes taking us to hell in a handcart. Going to Eton and talking posh doesnt quite prove it for me and is a good front. You just wanted a cheap pop because you dont like my views.
Would you have said it about Rishi Sunak or Priti Patel?

I doubt it.

edit, you probably would'nt have done to be fair because they were born in the uk.

I will re phrase, would you have said it to any politician with brown skin who was not born in the uk?

Last edited:
And you are also questioning his loyalty to the UK because he was born elsewhere? You are not covering yourself in glory here.

You make a point about racism being different to xenophobia. Is there a scale of bigotry between the two?