PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

Mary Beard is getting the witch finder treatment today. Her crime? Following people on twitter who are considered gender critical. Absolutely barmy and a touch concerning to be honest.
Just looking at that, now - Mary Beard is one of my favourite historians and comes across as a very nice lady.

Reminds me very much of the 1980s, when religious fundamentalists went after musicians. Now, these 'liberals' are using the exact same tactics - not pleasant to see. Glad to see that she is refusing to bow down to their spiteful BS.

Just looking at that, now - Mary Beard is one of my favourite historians and comes across as a very nice lady.

Reminds me very much of the 1980s, when religious fundamentalists went after musicians. Now, these 'liberals' are using the exact same tactics - not pleasant to see. Glad to see that she is refusing to bow down to their spiteful BS.
Easy target for the cowards and bullies who if they were really concerned would go after entire groups of people and organisations which don't adhere to PC views. Instead they are like packs of dogs who find a stray, separated from the herd.
Pathetic.

Easy target for the cowards and bullies who if they were really concerned would go after entire groups of people and organisations which don't adhere to PC views. Instead they are like packs of dogs who find a stray, separated from the herd.
Pathetic.
And, most of the bullying is aimed at women (and gay men, to a certain extent) - they very rarely round on men in the same way.

Pure misogyny. The worst thing is seeing academics join in. We now have female journalists, writers, academics, and many others hounded out of their jobs for expressing opinions. It has to stop.

And, most of the bullying is aimed at women (and gay men, to a certain extent) - they very rarely round on men in the same way.

Pure misogyny. The worst thing is seeing academics join in. We now have female journalists, writers, academics, and many others hounded out of their jobs for expressing opinions. It has to stop.
Arlene Fosters comments, today, on the misogyny she has received are quite revealing.

I'm sure Sturgeon will relate to that as did Theresa May.

Have to disagree.

Cancel culture knows no bounds.

The first was caricatured as a bumbling pisspot. He was a bloke so that’s ok.

He should bear at least 50% responsibility for his offspring though but. This prompted me to look him up (Mark that is). Judging by his residencies in various tax havens and developing countries, it looks like hes had a really hard life! Nothing much recent about him so I imagine hes too busy keeping his head down while he spends his ill gotten gains. A good showcase indicator of the future for the current Cabinet and their families and friends. Its a wonderful world.

Last edited: