PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Portsmouth game

And another thing, I listened to the Jehovah's Witnesses on my doorstep for hours until I realised they had nothing to offer anyone except guesses. That's tolerance.

One of them pointed at a brick and said - how did that get there? It didn't just 'appear'. That was her argument for god.

Jesus' dad was a carpenter so you never know.

I agree with this. It's purely to allow the devout Christian PNE fans to be able to worship at the appointed hour and also attend church. Doesn't help the Portsmouth Christians, though, unless they stop on the way to go to church.

Ps I'm an atheist and I'm not whinging.

It's a pity we're not playing Plymouth, them being pilgrims and all that.

I personally feel the universe created itself without a god (see Stephen Hawking's theory of the Big Bang) we are a meaningless virus, and when you die, you die like every other organic compound.

It's a soul crushingly depressing thought but probably true.

Not sure if you were deliberately being ironic... but it was funny anyway. :D

Actually... I think that if you believe this to be depressing, then it indicates some deep-seated belief in a higher being. Or, at the very least, a yearning for that to be true. Otherwise, I cannot see why, for a moment, it should be depressing. If your death truly is the end of your being, then that is a pretty easy option if you ask me.

I'm in the 'open-minded' brigade, by the way. Currently erring towards disbelief, but open-minded.

I agree with this. It's purely to allow the devout Christian PNE fans to be able to worship at the appointed hour and also attend church. Doesn't help the Portsmouth Christians, though, unless they stop on the way to go to church...

To be pedantic... if the kick-off had remained at 3pm, a Portsmouth church-going Christian would need to choose between climbing into his/her car at 10-30am, or staying at home and going to church.

With a 5 O'clock kick off, they now also have the choice of climbing into their car at 10.30am, going to mass at 3pm, Sumners for 4-15 and Deepdale for 4.50pm. :)

Bogie's arguments for a god.

- You can't get a universe from nothing. Can you?
- You can't get life from no life. Can you?

That's it. Two big factors.

Bogie's arguments for a god.

- You can't get a universe from nothing. Can you?
- You can't get life from no life. Can you?

That's it. Two big factors.

Prove it , i seem to recall life was suggested came from inert gases
and unless you were there how do you know how the universe came to exist ?

He used to hang wallpaper then he got ambitious , I wonder how many victims and fatalities this non religious war was responsible for ? .

It is estimated at 50million. It is a point I knew would be made, as I am now making more effort to debate fairly and openly.

Territory and religion, the two greatest causes of war.

To be pedantic... if the kick-off had remained at 3pm, a Portsmouth church-going Christian would need to choose between climbing into his/her car at 10-30am, or staying at home and going to church.

With a 5 O'clock kick off, they now also have the choice of climbing into their car at 10.30am, going to mass at 3pm, Sumners for 4-15 and Deepdale for 4.50pm. :)

All well and good but what about Stations of the Cross at 11:00?;)