PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ridsdale’s statement (December 2020)

I mean, i'm joking but with the out-dated way the club is run, out-dated tactics like that wouldn't surprise me.
Yeah, but many a true word spoken in jest. I don’t think there is any conspiracy involved, but I think there has probably been more than a hint of ruthlessness.

I do wonder if Ridsdale praises hemmings completely off his own back or he is ‘encouraged’ to do this by the owner. He seems to take any and every opportunity to thank Hemmings and it comes across way OTT

Seems like we’re being told to again be thankful for what we’ve got as it could be worse, doesn’t sound like there’s any appetite to progress further in the near further. Sad really.

I do wonder if Ridsdale praises hemmings completely off his own back or he is ‘encouraged’ to do this by the owner. He seems to take any and every opportunity to thank Hemmings and it comes across way OTT

Seems like we’re being told to again be thankful for what we’ve got as it could be worse, doesn’t sound like there’s any appetite to progress further in the near further. Sad really.

Why would he do anything else?

He employs him and pays him very handsomely.

Whatever he does he won't upset Trevor, just like everyone else at the club will do anything not to upset Peter.

"He keeps the club running, so shut up and be grateful!". Listening to this twonk is the equivalent to listening to a wet, sloppy fart.

So basically, we should be thankful for the owner paying our bills and we’ve tried to offer new contracts and if they want to leave they can do. Load of bollocks, fuck off.

Yep - We should put that on the club crest!

Moaning subsisto - Numquid gratiam

Whatever he does he won't upset Trevor, just like everyone else at the club will do anything not to upset Peter.
And if they do upset Peter, however small, it would appear they’re on their bike. That’s how it looks anyway.

There’s being complimentary of your boss and there’s ass licking. He talks of Hemmings as some god like savour that we should be eternally grateful for.

I know publicly he has to be on board with the program, but how much autonomy does he have? If he had complete free reign how different would it be?

There’s being complimentary of your boss and there’s ass licking. He talks of Hemmings as some god like savour that we should be eternally grateful for.

I know publicly he has to be on board with the program, but how much autonomy does he have? If he had complete free reign how different would it be?
Id guess paying the tax bill wouldnt be high on the agenda ;)

PR: "This training ground ... will be a major positive when attracting and retaining key players."

Also PR: We're having trouble retaining all the key players.

Make sure you save this comment somewhere. Then come February 1st you can simply change the word "retaining" to "attracting" when we inevitably sign fuck all in Jan

PR: "This training ground ... will be a major positive when attracting and retaining key players."

Also PR: We're having trouble retaining all the key players.
" this training ground.... Will be a major new housing development to attract young couples"
"we will be working hard to ensure maximum profit from the new area to be named Trevors Folley"

Ep7-rv_XEAIRsh6

Peter is in complete denial that himself or his boss have failed in a spectacular fashion to allow our four best players to wind their contracts down.

He suggests they can not complain because they have been offered competitive terms. This was about 12 months too late. Had they done that 12 months ago at least two of them would have signed new deals.

The failure to acknowledge this is a massive failure on their part is deeply concerning.

Preston North End must be the only championship football club that has two people who make all the decisions with the rest of them too scared to question anything they do.

Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favour, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. People tend to unconsciously select information that supports their views, but ignore non-supportive information.

The two at the top in a nutshell.