PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ridsdale Interview on pnefc.net

Tugg Speedman

"I was wrong! Blow the f*cking bridge!"
Patron
Surprised no-one is discussing this.

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2021/august/peter-ridsdale-discusses-club-matters/

Ridsdale comes accross well IMO. Yes some folk might call him patronising, but that's his demeanour.

Thought his comments about youth players were interesting RE needing a management team that would give them a chance.

What did anyione else think?
I like Peter and I have always thought he engages well with fans on a personal level but a little less so in larger groups (just my personal opinion). I think the youth conversation is to prepare us for a long hard season of needing but not getting because we have talented youths! Having said that, he does speak to the fans way more than the owner or chairman!

I like Peter and I have always thought he engages well with fans on a personal level but a little less so in larger groups (just my personal opinion). I think the youth conversation is to prepare us for a long hard season of needing but not getting because we have talented youths!
Fair views Joan.

Depends how you look at things I guess. We're obviously not going to splash big money on a striker, which will disappoint a lot of folk.

But who knows, maybe we have a decent striker on the books already.

Regarding the youths, I see it as nothing but a positive.

He is very good in front of a Mic / in an interview. I don't think he can be in the position he has been in without so.

However, we have heard many of these interviews before and some have come across as contradictory.

What I will say is that he did seem more appreciative of us as supporters this time around. Was as disregardful as previous.

Fair views Joan.

Depends how you look at things I guess. We're obviously not going to splash big money on a striker, which will disappoint a lot of folk.

But who knows, maybe we have a decent striker on the books already.

Regarding the youths, I see it as nothing but a positive.
I hope you are right about the youths. In all honesty, the fact Noah Mawene is amongst them gives me much more encouragement about them because I know what we got from his dad 100% effort and talent each and every game.

I hope you are right about the youths. In all honesty, the fact Noah Mawene is amongst them gives me much more encouragement about them because I know what we got from his dad 100% effort and talent each and every game.
Yep Youl was a model pro and a great footballer. Looks like some of that has rubbed off on Noah (y)

JRG looks promising too and already has a physical presence about him.

So the "we'll be in a very strong position in the window" has now shifted to "well, we'll do our best, but be grateful we have some kids."
I don't even mind our current position, but he previously made it sound like we'd be one of a small number of clubs able to be really competitive due to the impending demise of others.
His biggest character flaw (in my opinion) is his inability to admit when he's got something wrong and apologise.

So the "we'll be in a very strong position in the window" has now shifted to "well, we'll do our best, but be grateful we have some kids."
I don't even mind our current position, but he previously made it sound like we'd be one of a small number of clubs able to be really competitive due to the impending demise of others.
His biggest character flaw (in my opinion) is his inability to admit when he's got something wrong and apologise.
Wait until Christmas mate when all the other clubs go pop. 😏😏

Can we just back the team and stop moaning 😉
The start of 9 months of hopefully more highs than lows and...new striker signed on, heard it will be DC if we can agree the fee 👍