PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

RIP Trevor Francis

Juist seen that Trevor Francis has died.

He was involved in one of the best nights of my life, probably not the highlight of his career.

Never thought his name would be embedded in PNE folklore, but it is and still gives me goosebuumps.
Sad for family and friends, RIP.

I remember it like yesterday, we were crouched round listening to Radio Lancashire, Grezzas penalty miss, Mark Rankines last gasp equaliser, Trevor Francis taking his side off the pitch to protest about not playing the shoot out to the town end construction site, McKennas winning penalty, what a night ... RIP Trevor

And now we will never know
Both Brian and Trevor have taken to the great ground in the sky the secret of if he actually was the first £1m player or if cloughie took off a pound as he wouldn’t pay a million ?
As a manager I think he found it challenging, as a player I think the opposition found him challenging also but for all of the right reasons
Great player
RIP
PS - I always like to think it was £999,999.00

RIP to "the first million pound player."

Made a bit of a wally of himself that night at Deepdale but as a player he was top notch.
Shame... I'll remember him for two things... THAT night and Clough telling him to get his hands out of his pockets " young man". Makes me realise how old I've got. RIP.

Both Brian and Trevor have taken to the great ground in the sky the secret of if he actually was the first £1m player or if cloughie took off a pound as he wouldn’t pay a million ?
As a manager I think he found it challenging, as a player I think the opposition found him challenging also but for all of the right reasons
Great player
RIP

Trevor said it was more than a million but Cloughie said it was less to take the pressure of him.

Shame... I'll remember him for two things... THAT night and Clough telling him to get his hands out of his pockets " young man". Makes me realise how old I've got. RIP.

I remember going to St Andrews for the 1st game and there was adverts everywhere to book coaches to cardiff, Jasper Carrott was the champagne in the dressing room.

No one at Brum, including Trevor could accept little old Preston could beat them.

Great player
RIP
PS - I always like to think it was £999,999.00
Wasn't that a bit of man management on Clough's part trying to take the pressure off Francis, so he wasn't know as the million pound man?

I remember going to St Andrews for the 1st game and there was adverts everywhere to book coaches to cardiff, Jasper Carrott was the champagne in the dressing room.

No one at Brum, including Trevor could accept little old Preston could beat them.
Balti pie landed on someone a couple of rows in front of me thrown by Brummies from the tier above.