PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Robbie Brady signs New 2 Year Contract.

Was excellent but Holmes for me. One of his best games since being here.

If Browne can hopefully re-sign in the summer then does midfield really need to be touched in the summer?

Whiteman, Browne, Mads hopefully continues to be the starting three and then you have all of McCann, Holmes and Brady who act as cover.

Being radical for a second but sign an RWB and Potts could even be used in midfield again where he played the first three and a half years of his PNE career rather than asking him to start 40 games a season in an unnatural position.

Just have to hope for no more injuries to Whiteman and Browne but to me it's clear you direct whatever resources are available into Millar signing full time (or someone else of that profile) and then regenerating the backline.

If Browne can hopefully re-sign in the summer then does midfield really need to be touched in the summer?

Whiteman, Browne, Mads hopefully continues to be the starting three and then you have all of McCann, Holmes and Brady who act as cover.

Being radical for a second but sign an RWB and Potts could even be used in midfield again where he played the first three and a half years of his PNE career rather than asking him to start 40 games a season in an unnatural position.

Just have to hope for no more injuries to Whiteman and Browne but to me it's clear you direct whatever resources are available into Millar signing full time (or someone else of that profile) and then regenerating the backline.
Best to look to improve where you can but, as it stands, a fully fit midfield is nowhere near as important as improving the backline.

One serving of humble pie for me, please.

I was amongst those saying I'd be happy if he never played for us again after the Cardiff at home dismissal and the disaster that followed... he's withstood all of the criticism and not only has he barely put a foot wrong since, he's actually playing better now than he ever has for us.

Extremely useful player in this form.
I could have written the exact same thing about the cardiff fiasco..... so I 100% agree

I’ve criticised Brady in the past but last night again like has been recently he was fantastic…if making him captain is wot gets the best out of him then Lowe needs to continue with it.

Probably shows he needs to stay central now rather than filling in out wide where he's o.k but he obviously can't do at this stage of his career what Millar can.

He played out wide yesterday? And ran the show

Could he do that against better teams? I prefer him central at this stage of his career if he's playing more regularly. Bit like how Grezza got moved into central midfield really late on in his career and was doing it fine for Burnley at premier league.

Or Sedgewick moving inside for the first half of 06/07 and doing well for a top of the table team.

Going from Millar to Brady out wide for the start of next season is a big downgrade.