PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sad news; ex North End player

Can't say I remember him sadly even though I knew some of the lads of that era, such as Chris Borwick & David Lucas.

Having been helped recently by the Foxton Centre (see article) then in a round a bout way 'the forum' might have helped him too.

rip

Used to see him walking the streets and it was clear he had addiction problems.

I thought he’d died a few years ago to be honest.

That year at Corpus Christie had some half decent players alright.....

Boz, Maccy, David Lucas, Kilbane and Callaghan.

RIP.

Remember his name and him signing as quite a few from around these years signed off after you remembered seeing them for school and Sunday teams.

such a shame. The scrap heap for footballers is still such an issue with so many pinning their hopes and only a tiny few ever making it

Used to see him walking the streets and it was clear he had addiction problems.

I thought he’d died a few years ago to be honest.

That year at Corpus Christie had some half decent players alright.....

Boz, Maccy, David Lucas, Kilbane and Callaghan.

RIP.
Dave Lucas was year below, John Davies was Corpus Keeper for that year

Some good players, the best being Tommy Taylor in my opinion.

Dave Lucas was year below, John Davies was Corpus Keeper for that year

Some good players, the best being Tommy Taylor in my opinion.
Thought they were in the same year for some reason👍🏻

A lad I vaguely knew was in the year of Kilbane etc and I remember him mentioning Taylor a few times, said he was quality.

Out of everyone in our year Tommy was the one we all expected to make it. Paul Mc was pretty decent mind.

that’s two lads from my year passed in last few months, the other being Keith the spud man.

Out of everyone in our year Tommy was the one we all expected to make it. Paul Mc was pretty decent mind.

that’s two lads from my year passed in last few months, the other being Keith the spud man.
Yeah.

I know Maccy, good lad and he had his own brush with death getting stabbed a few years back.

Also knew Keith well😔

Had my run ins with him in schools football but that is very sad. An excellent group of youth players in that Preston Schoolboy group but ultimately Killer was the one with the professional attitude. RIP.

Had my run ins with him in schools football but that is very sad. An excellent group of youth players in that Preston Schoolboy group but ultimately Killer was the one with the professional attitude. RIP.
Remember being at one of Mick Baxter’s soccer schools in the summer holidays and Kilbane was in our age group which was the youngest.

After the first day he was moved up to the next level as nobody could get anywhere near him, he absolutely took the piss out of everyone. He would have been about 11 or 12 then and a couple of years older than me.