PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Safe-standing on the Townend?

The last 5 Rows of the TE as Rail Seats as those rows are already full of people standing up such as myself.
Last five rows would be nice, more like the last two or three at most.

Each to their own, and it's their seat to sit in etc, but I would've thought more would stand on the TE. The middle block is particularly unexcitable. The type who groan when they 'have to' stand up when we're on the attack.

Don't Cardiff have safe standing in there away end Shrewsbury in League 1 few months ago I think.

Wonder if studies have been carried out where the atmosphere is best created in the safe standing zones front or back?

Wonder if studies have been carried out where the atmosphere is best created in the safe standing zones front or back?
Good point Libs…

Last five rows would be nice, more like the last two or three at most.

Each to their own, and it's their seat to sit in etc, but I would've thought more would stand on the TE. The middle block is particularly unexcitable. The type who groan when they 'have to' stand up when we're on the attack.
I sit in the middle block near Gooch (or Sav on here). I’m 56 this year and listen out for the chants from left and right so that I can help them try to start spread across the stand.
Sometimes it seems like there’s only me n Gooch trying to get it going in the middle about half way up.

My dad sings more than some of the younger ones around me and he’s 83!

I sit in the middle block near Gooch (or Sav on here). I’m 56 this year and listen out for the chants from left and right so that I can help them try to start spread across the stand.
Sometimes it seems like there’s only me n Gooch trying to get it going in the middle about half way up.

That's why our away games are so much better atmosphere wise - as at most of our away games everyone stands

Suggests to me that that maybe means standing area in the middle so that the atmosphere permeates out to both sides?

Suggests to me that that maybe means standing area in the middle so that the atmosphere permeates out to both sides?
The issue is a lot of the people in the middle will have had their season ticket since the stand opened, with the thought of 'I want to sit as high up as possible and as central behind the goal as possible'.

So it goes without saying, without wanting to generalise too much, that these aren't quite as raucous as the top corner for example, or even Block H of the IP.

The issue is a lot of the people in the middle will have had their season ticket since the stand opened, with the thought of 'I want to sit as high up as possible and as central behind the goal as possible'.

So it goes without saying, without wanting to generalise too much, that these aren't quite as raucous as the top corner for example, or even Block H of the IP.
Which is why I suggested the kop being safe standing although that would worsen the atmosphere on the town end as your likely to see a number of the more lively town enders migrating to the kop for the safe standing.

All for Safe standing but these two below have a simple answer.

That's why our away games are so much better atmosphere wise - as at most of our away games everyone stands

Away games are better because you have the most passionate of Fans bunched together. However at home games they spread out, So you not got the same.

I feel PNE need to get the Singing Area back in the Centre. In the Top Left its just noise hitting the roof and sides, restricting the passion moving left or back. I know they did it for the Drummer, but its not working. You take the Same singers and Drummer etc to the Centre (even at the Top) that Noise will be 3 or 4 times louder. Add safe Standing at the Back of the Townend and you will have Whitenoise that will echo out around Preston. Great advert for the club when your winning and the fans are singing. Back in the 90's you could hear the Townend from Moor Nook, today its only when PNE Score, rest of the time, I bet you struggle to hear it from Ribbleton Lane.

Many people on the Matchday threads say you can't hear the crowd, its flat at Deepdale. No its not, just the singing section is in the wrong place.

Q. Did the Club 'locate' them up in that corner, or is that how it's evolved ?
I don't know how enforced it is on the AKTE that people have to sit in their designated seats ? (Ovs the stewards ignore the standing-up of the singers at the present.)

If people want to relocate en masse it might be to a place where there's already people who prioritize watching the play , and also prefer to sit down.

Other people might not want a big drum banging-away next to them - and they were there first. As in queing in general - that counts, surely?

I have no problem with safe standing, possibly the top third of the stand. BUT, I am 69 and riddled with arthritis and struggle to stand for a full match. I'm as loud as anyone on the Town end and supported PNE since the early 60's and resent the implication that I should A) move from the town end or B) have to stand if I want to stay with my friends.
I love away games, not been to many this year but when I do I do try to get towards the front so I can hopefully sit for most of the game.

I have no problem with safe standing, possibly the top third of the stand. BUT, I am 69 and riddled with arthritis and struggle to stand for a full match. I'm as loud as anyone on the Town end and supported PNE since the early 60's and resent the implication that I should A) move from the town end or B) have to stand if I want to stay with my friends.
I love away games, not been to many this year but when I do I do try to get towards the front so I can hopefully sit for most of the game.
Pretty much my point mr Smurf
I have family members and have had conversations with a good few people affected by standing at away games to the point that they no longer go.
I really do get the standing but I have also seen some very selfish behaviour also offering no consideration to those who insist on standing

Pretty much my point mr Smurf
I have family members and have had conversations with a good few people affected by standing at away games to the point that they no longer go.
I really do get the standing but I have also seen some very selfish behaviour also offering no consideration to those who insist on standing
The solution to that is to buy tickets at the front or make away ends unreserved so that those who want to sit can do so at the front and the majority who want to stand can do so from behind

It's what I do when I move over to Kop when every it's open from my normal seat in Inv Pav. Book tickets for Row 25 so I can stand up. No issue with these who want to sit nr the front for whatever reason. But if you want to stand up then Book tickets for higher up.

The solution to that is to buy tickets at the front or make away ends unreserved so that those who want to sit can do so at the front and the majority who want to stand can do so from behind
or put standing at the front ?
We are mixing our drinks a bit and that’s my fault
Home I think it will work as it’s a specified area
Away it doesn’t and telling people they need to sit here or there won’t either

No one should be forced to stand, that’s the point of Safe Standing. Would create a Safe Standing section in the middle of the ATKE. Would ask for volunteers who are currently there and sit to move their ST and incentivise it so that no one loses out.

A safe standing section would be good in the bottom corner of the Town End closest to the Finney. The little half block below the disabled platform would be ample.

That way, they can be seen and heard from pretty much anywhere in the ground. It would also get the Finney going somewhat.