PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stop Sitting Indoors

Trust me, otters are nowhere near as rare as the environmentalists make you think. They're everywhere, it's just that humans are usually too loud crashing down the bankside and scare everything away.

If you're fly fishing at night and tip-toeing down a seatrout river in total darkness they'll come right up to you and brush your leg, often calling out wanting a free meal. Blummin' pain they are!!!

Amazing! People only became aware of them on that part of the river when the houses on the road that runs parallel to it started having their garden ponds emptied of Koi and then someone caught the culprits on their CCTV.

Otters are nowhere near as rare as you think.

We have a water otter residing in our kitchen (y)

classic-old-kettle-isolated-on-260nw-663269356.jpg

Reading this as "stop spitting indoors".

Another classic mis-read, a bit like "Inserting Your Cat" or whatever that other thread was called.

It is , but again at the same time , its sometimes about finding the right "balance in your life" as sometimes I need "bringing down" , and help relaxing and a nice glass of red with some music can help me enormously.

But you are right if your out right suffering from depression , stay away from any substances.

Alcohol is a strange one. Genuinely I think it depends on the individual. An addictive personality type will associate negatively and be unable to 'just have one'.

But there have been a couple of times I've felt like I needed to chill and had a drop of scotch and it's done the trick. Could be a placebo effect but I've always found with drink there to be a level of inebriation that was perfect for me!

Screened at over 60 International Film Festivals and Winner of 14 Prestigious Awards, this film is a first-person adaptation of the practice of taking a short, leisurely visit to a forest for health benefits. The practice originated in Japan where it is called shinrin-yoku (森林浴). Proven by scientists to benefit physical as well as mental health Shinrin-Yoku helps to lower heart rate, blood pressure, reduce stress hormone production, boost immunity and mood and improve overall feelings of wellbeing.

Does this work in the Concrete Jungles of the UK?

I play football Mondays and now Tuesdays. If I don't play I find that I get a little more irritable or anxious etc. Also if I'm really struggling I add in Yoga which I have through that Apple Fitness, Never done Yoga and didn't fancy going to a class so trying it in my front room is fun although the dogs try and play fight with me whenever I go down to their level.

Don't live in Preston anymore but when I go over to see family I go for walks with them in some lovely places. Most are well known but I'll list them anyway below. But a new one was near Buckshaw - Park at the Premier Inn Chorley North just off junction 8 on the M6. Then you can walk alongside the canal from there and about 15 mins into the walk I think there's a good pub called the Top Lock.

Other places I've walked are
Brickcroft Longton
Down by the River Ribble from walking up Howick Cross lane past the power station. Not done that one in years
Rivington Pike is nice too

I play football Mondays and now Tuesdays. If I don't play I find that I get a little more irritable or anxious etc. Also if I'm really struggling I add in Yoga which I have through that Apple Fitness, Never done Yoga and didn't fancy going to a class so trying it in my front room is fun although the dogs try and play fight with me whenever I go down to their level.

Don't live in Preston anymore but when I go over to see family I go for walks with them in some lovely places. Most are well known but I'll list them anyway below. But a new one was near Buckshaw - Park at the Premier Inn Chorley North just off junction 8 on the M6. Then you can walk alongside the canal from there and about 15 mins into the walk I think there's a good pub called the Top Lock.

Other places I've walked are
Brickcroft Longton
Down by the River Ribble from walking up Howick Cross lane past the power station. Not done that one in years
Rivington Pike is nice too
A lovely walk in rivington (my home town) is Liverpool castle then a circular round the reservoir