PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Terrible Striking options

It is quite clear that if BEAVON is ill or a loss of form thenwe might as well play 10 behind the ball as we havene't a clue on putting the ball in the onion bag.

The strikers that GW has b rought in have been disappointing, including Sodje who has missed some sitters but at least he is a threat.

The miss of Beardsley from 2 yards on saturday was appalling and his only excuse is that Elding missed the ball completely from 6 yards just before him.

the signing of Elding, although he trys, is a complete joke.

If GW doesn't sort this and quick we will plummet like a stone, we are now playing 2 forms teams in 2 cups and the league and I don't see us winning either game.

GW has lost it for me, he plays his mates when he can and Saturday was panic time

Get HUME back and give him a break.

BEARDSLEY,ELDING, not good enough

CUMMINS should be in before them.

Sad state of affairs Graham, score more then the opposition and guess what you win the game.

It is quite clear that if BEAVON is ill or a loss of form thenwe might as well play 10 behind the ball as we havene't a clue on putting the ball in the onion bag.

The strikers that GW has b rought in have been disappointing, including Sodje who has missed some sitters but at least he is a threat.

The miss of Beardsley from 2 yards on saturday was appalling and his only excuse is that Elding missed the ball completely from 6 yards just before him.

the signing of Elding, although he trys, is a complete joke.

If GW doesn't sort this and quick we will plummet like a stone, we are now playing 2 forms teams in 2 cups and the league and I don't see us winning either game.

GW has lost it for me, he plays his mates when he can and Saturday was panic time

Get HUME back and give him a break.

BEARDSLEY,ELDING, not good enough

CUMMINS should be in before them.

Sad state of affairs Graham, score more then the opposition and guess what you win the game.

Id say Cummins is equally as shit Elding and Beardsley. Beavon,Sodje,Hume,Holroyd and a fit Trundle would be our best answer at a strike force.

another well thought out, constructive, realistic and very original thread.

Be very, very proud of yourself.

You talk about Beavon as though he is our only decent striker and then call Sodje despite the fact Sodje has scored more times than Beavon!!

Clueless

Hopefully Beavon will play tonight, along with Trundle. He needs to play on the last defender and not withdraw deep or on the wing. I am going tonight and hope not to see Beardsley or Eldings. We are a league 1 team now with league 1\2 players, the quality is thin, the play is becoming dire again, as it was when he first arrived, anti football back on the agenda?

You talk about Beavon as though he is our only decent striker and then call Sodje despite the fact Sodje has scored more times than Beavon!!

Clueless

Anyone who thinks Sodje is a better player than Beavon is quite frankly clueless.

Up to the loss of Laird and Keane we were scoring a good number of goals and while Beavon hasn't been prolific his ability to drop deep and create space for others was a threat. The problems were the balance of the team at home, where Westley couldn't find the blend to break defensive teams down.
Since the loss of the full backs we've looked very poor and Westley has completely failed to reshape the team and the loss of Beavon hasn't exactly helped. I don't think we have an issue with golascoring when everyone is fit and available but now they're not things are looking bleak.

You need to sort it out Westley - patience is wearing thin.

Up to the loss of Laird and Keane we were scoring a good number of goals and while Beavon hasn't been prolific his ability to drop deep and create space for others was a threat. The problems were the balance of the team at home, where Westley couldn't find the blend to break defensive teams down.
Since the loss of the full backs we've looked very poor and Westley has completely failed to reshape the team and the loss of Beavon hasn't exactly helped. I don't think we have an issue with golascoring when everyone is fit and available but now they're not things are looking bleak.

I think thats a fair and probably correct assesment. Patience is wearing thin,even with me, but what choice do we have, as Edgy pointed out, ourowner, cannot or will not, do any more to help, hence we sign Elding.

I think thats a fair and probably correct assesment. Patience is wearing thin,even with me, but what choice do we have, as Edgy pointed out, ourowner, cannot or will not, do any more to help, hence we sign Elding.

I suspect Westley has done that to show what tight financial constraints he's being put under. Unless Hemmings sells up, can't see how things are going to improve.

I suspect Westley has done that to show what tight financial constraints he's being put under. Unless Hemmings sells up, can't see how things are going to improve.
No, me neither. Sacking Westley will bring another who cant do it either. And then another, and then another ad infinitum.

Irrespective of the qualities or otherwise of our other forwards , WE CANNOT AFFORD HUME'S WAGES . The wage cap rules make it impossible for us to pay what he is contracted to be paid , so we have little choice but to loan or sell him .
Loans from Hemmings would make no difference to this as they are not counted as turnover .
Having said that , we do desperately need to get a better quality but affordable striker in to partner Beavon .

Worst collection of strikers in living memory. Make Mark Leonard and Tony 'Lawnmower Man' Lormor look good.

Irrespective of the qualities or otherwise of our other forwards , WE CANNOT AFFORD HUME'S WAGES . The wage cap rules make it impossible for us to pay what he is contracted to be paid , so we have little choice but to loan or sell him .
Loans from Hemmings would make no difference to this as they are not counted as turnover .
Having said that , we do desperately need to get a better quality but affordable striker in to partner Beavon .
There are other ways though, hence why I pointed out Etihads sponsorship of the city stadium. Sponsorship counts as turnover.

When we assemble a team for free it is difficult when we lose these key players you mention......... I am also frustrated with recent tactical decisions relating to poor performances but as you say we scored goals when our best players were fit............ yes we have Kane and Buchanan but they don't fill the shoes of Keane and Laird...

My patience will start wearing thin if we are still discussing this when the transfer window closes........ whether that is with Westley or Hemmings I dont know

Westley built a new squad with next to no money,one of the plusses of his squad was cover in every position,sadly when the cover is needed he decides to swap people around playing people out of position left right and centre all balance to the side is lost. It also has to be said he would not recognise a finisher if he was beating him round the head with a banjo because even for nothing some of these guys are overpriced.