PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

That Trump fella.

Little bit more to it than that, Egghead - after the financial crisis, the US spent a lot of money on stimulus funds to promote renewable energy and create a domestic industry, including the manufacture of solar panels.

The Chinese, due to oversupply, started dumping their solar panels on the market at below the cost of manufacture, undercutting US manufacturers through unfair competition. Therefore, Trump was actually right this time.

Europeans did exactly the same and imposed tariffs. As did the Obama administration, if I remember rightly.
ah, fair comment, one success in a sea of crap then. Most of the Tariffs he imposed nailed the consumers of the target, especially things like farm equipment.

ah, fair comment, one success in a sea of crap then. Most of the Tariffs he imposed nailed the consumers of the target, especially things like farm equipment.
Must admit, I am struggling to add anything else to the short list of Trump successes.

From my point of view, he was thankfully pretty restrained in his actions over Syria and seemed much more reluctant to start military action in the East Med than other administrations.

After that, I have nothing. :D

Organic bleach I assume? works a treat when combined with shining a uv light down your throat.

<side note, in 50 years will we still recall a 'leader' of the US said such a thing..>
Didn't realise that I was meant to put the UV light down my throat. Think I got the wrong end - although, as I usually talk out of my arse, it was an easy mistake to make 😞

Well as I said yesterday

Why make him a martyr to his supporters
He will be gone in a few days
IF this succeeds and it might not, it's been tried before 'right'

Someone else will only come along and gather 'his' support
No the challenge for Biden and the Demarcates is to have a policy that works for the many not the few

Else this will start up all over again

Don’t forget Trump came close to winning despite the massive Covid crisis over there

Well as I said yesterday

No the challenge for Biden and the Demarcates is to have a policy that works for the many not the few

Don’t forget Trump came close to winning despite the massive Covid crisis over there
I bet youre gutted another lying piece of excrement didnt win, arent you?

Trump’s solid victory in 2016 yielded him 306 College votes. That despite having 1 or 2 million fewer votes. He declared that a “landslide”

2020 Biden got 306 votes- and got 7 (SEVEN) million votes more than Trump. Oooooo. so CLOSE 😁

Well as I said yesterday

No the challenge for Biden and the **Demarcates is to have a policy that works for the many not the few

Don’t forget *Trump came close to winning despite the massive Covid crisis over there

*Jonty, you cannot be serious. He came close to winning only in his own mind.

** The Greek God of Elections?

Maybe as the USA is so divided and it’s such a big place then just split it into 2 and job done, Republicans have half and Democrats have half.

*Jonty, you cannot be serious. He came close to winning only in his own mind.

** The Greek God of Elections?

Really, Honestly, I think he has a point. For all his obvious failings, he still managed to persuade an enormous number of people to vote for him - and if it weren’t for COVID, I think he might have won.

It is worthy of reflection.

Really, Honestly, I think he has a point. For all his obvious failings, he still managed to persuade an enormous number of people to vote for him - and if it weren’t for COVID, I think he might have won.

Perspective.

If there was a general Election tomorrow Johnson would win.

also worthy of reflection.

I have reflected. If it wasn't for covid he'd have lost bigger (y)