PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

the cup run

simple really do you want us to beat man city and continue our form in the cup or hope to be out of it to concentrate on a push for promotion?

in my opinion being tied against man city (a mid tabled average prem side) can only be good for us, i beleive it will be a test for our players of what we can come to expect if we do go up. i hope we can beat them and progress as i beleive it is a winable game but i dont think i would be too sad leaving the competition at this stage especially with the money we will be making from the game and less fixture congestion.

Hope we beat man city at home and go on to the quarters of the cup, which we havent been in some time!

also keep concentrating on the leasue as usual, i feel when we have a slump in the league form people always look for excuses and scapegoats, a cup run sometimes being one of these.

After 35 years of following preston ive never seen them in the prem or the last 8 of the cup , now i know i might sound gready but i want both :D , beating city could give the lads a real boost for the task ahead ...

After 35 years of following preston ive never seen them in the prem or the last 8 of the cup , now i know i might sound gready but i want both :D , beating city could give the lads a real boost for the task ahead ...

Ive followed them for forty yrs and i to have never witnessed us playin top flight footy.... and to be honest im not interested in the cup and havent been since i realised its a second class event, no matter what man utd say..... the prem is where the money's at and with it a life line for this club..... for the foreseeable future, Although im not totally against it i'd much sooner see my club our club in the top flight running out with the Evertons Liverpools of this world than the crystal palaces/ Lashers any day...The cup runs can wait..... getting promoted cant....................!

Ive followed them for forty yrs and i to have never witnessed us playin top flight footy.... and to be honest im not interested in the cup and havent been since i realised its a second class event, no matter what man utd say..... the prem is where the money's at and with it a life line for this club..... for the foreseeable future, Although im not totally against it i'd much sooner see my club our club in the top flight running out with the Evertons Liverpools of this world than the crystal palaces/ Lashers any day...The cup runs can wait..... getting promoted cant....................!

It's groundhog day :rolleyes:

i wouldn't mind. a great cup run would be fantastic. but then again so would promotion. but whatever happens, happens. bring it all on. :D