PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Most Powerful Elected Official In The World

Sid Snot;n3400985 said:
"Reporters from many news organizations have expressed support for CNN's Jim Acosta after the White House revoked his press pass.
The "hard pass," which speeds up entry to the White House grounds, was suspended by the Trump administration on Wednesday night "until further notice." Why? Because of Acosta's combative exchange with President Donald Trump at his post-midterms press conference.
It is unclear whether Acosta will be turned away again on Thursday. It also remains to be seen whether White House reporters will walk out, or show solidarity with Acosta and CNN in other ways."

Acosta just asked for clarification of Trump's use of the word 'invasion' as the marchers were still hundreds of miles away. It didn't take much to get under Trump's skin and get him agitated; loose cannon anyone?

Mike Huckabee's connections to Fox News are the only reason his daughter has the Press Secretary's job. She's as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I thought it would be impossible to have someone even more inept than Sean Spicer....I was wrong

So they banAcosta for what seems to be an innocuous knock on the staffers arm yet retain a President whose view was grabbing them between the legs is fair game. Fake news really is the pinnacle

jakehake;n3401057 said:
So they banAcosta for what seems to be an innocuous knock on the staffers arm yet retain a President whose view was grabbing them between the legs is fair game. Fake news really is the pinnacle

Apparently, the "innocuous knock" was actually even more innocuous than it appeared.

The story I just heard on 5Live is that the White House doctored the video before releasing it - to make it look worse than it was.

The guest said they looked at the original footage and compared it, frame by frame, with the White House's version. Using his terminology (paraphrased)

"In the original, contact was made for, let's say for illustration, in frame 14. But in the White House's version, that frame was repeated as frame 14, 15 and 16 but apart from those extra frames, the rest were identical. That is our objective analysis of fact - we do not comment on how or why it happened. Subjectively, you can make up your own minds but I would say that it makes the contact look more prominent"

More evidence that the White House is a law unto itself.... as if we didn't already know.

Regardless;n3401060 said:
Apparently, the "innocuous knock" was actually even more innocuous than it appeared.

The story I just heard on 5Live is that the White House doctored the video before releasing it - to make it look worse than it was.

The guest said they looked at the original footage and compared it, frame by frame, with the White House's version. Using his terminology (paraphrased)

More evidence that the White House is a law unto itself.... as if we didn't already know.

Channel 4 have done a good expose on this

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1060621211414261761

Regardless;n3401060 said:

The allegation, which looks pretty nailed on to me, is not that the WH doctored the footage but that they used doctored footage lifted from Infowars. It's always good when POTUS uses as his source a far right conspiracy website (but not entirely unexpected)

And Fox News jumps to POTUS' side once again...

"Fox News anchor Chris Wallace said Thursday that Jim Acosta "makes it awfully hard to have journalistic solidarity" after the White House pulled the CNN White House correspondent's credentials. The White House decision followed an extended debate and confrontation with President Trump at a press conference on Wednesday.
"I think he embarrassed himself," Wallace told "Daily Briefing" host Dana Perino. "First of all, it was more of an argument than it was a question. He was disrespectful to his colleagues in asking repeated questions and, thereby, making it harder for them to get in a question. Then the President of the United States told him to sit down, and he refused, and he kept talking.""

Fox News - your only credible source of news in the USA.......not!!

Sid Snot;n3401090 said:
And Fox News jumps to POTUS' side once again...

"Fox News anchor Chris Wallace said Thursday that Jim Acosta "makes it awfully hard to have journalistic solidarity" after the White House pulled the CNN White House correspondent's credentials. The White House decision followed an extended debate and confrontation with President Trump at a press conference on Wednesday.
"I think he embarrassed himself," Wallace told "Daily Briefing" host Dana Perino. "First of all, it was more of an argument than it was a question. He was disrespectful to his colleagues in asking repeated questions and, thereby, making it harder for them to get in a question. Then the President of the United States told him to sit down, and he refused, and he kept talking.""

Fox News - your only credible source of news in the USA.......not!!

Except actually, I do think there was a bit of truth in that, from what I've seen. I do buy into the view that Acosta didn't behave particularly well - although I did only see snippets of the press conference.

Regardless;n3401173 said:
Except actually, I do think there was a bit of truth in that, from what I've seen. I do buy into the view that Acosta didn't behave particularly well - although I did only see snippets of the press conference.

I was particularly impressed by the statesman like behaviour from Trump. Man child petulance is such a good look.

PNEESSEX;n3401197 said:
I was particularly impressed by the statesman like behaviour from Trump. Man child petulance is such a good look.

He was at it again yesterday.....

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-9\/49895544_1192616514226130_4274452831387254784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.xx&oh=266bd186ef9c62a633065f44047b40ae&oe=5CC81F72"}[/IMG2]

People slag off Trump as though he's a stand alone guy, but basically he represents what nearly half of Americans stand for. So if you slag him off your slagging off half of the Americans , they know what he's like because he speaks what they feel underneath .
A lot of people in Britain like him as well . Many have a similar mindset.
Personally think the guy is a complete tool , with a heartless streak towards those who are less advantaged in society plus his climate change denial to benefit his business buddies is disgusting.

PNEroulette;n3424024 said:
People slag off Trump as though he's a stand alone guy, but basically he represents what nearly half of Americans stand for. So if you slag him off your slagging off half of the Americans , they know what he's like because he speaks what they feel underneath .
A lot of people in Britain like him as well . Many have a similar mindset.
Personally think the guy is a complete tool , with a heartless streak towards those who are less advantaged in society plus his climate change denial to benefit his business buddies is disgusting.

I don't know about a lot of people over here liking him unless they are American, but FWIW I think he is an absolute idiot and I believe quite a few American's who did support him are now turning against him over his latest fiasco. I cannot see him winning a second term, but then again that is up to the American voters.