PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

They’d be better off keeping their gobs shut than try and manufacture a bullshit claim of improvement. All it does is insult our intelligence.
You're right, they would be, but will they...

I can't believe he's so desperate to get above 63 points to "prove" progress. Like 3 points in a different season actually makes a difference when the end result is the same or extremely similar position, and nowhere near the top six. If he'd bothered to attack at Watford or Birmingham, he'd already have his precious "progress". And to still be talking about progress while we're in dreadful form, not even getting near the opposition goal (and conceding plenty) - what is going through his head? Surely the right thing to do at the moment would be to say "we've come up short, the recent form isn't acceptable, I'll look at everything and learn the lessons to take into next season." It's calm, rational, and difficult to argue with (although I guess we'd debate whether he would actually learn).

1) It's hard to agree that it's successful if we're factoring in that we were in the top two in September. A mid table finish would be seen as a failure by many when you've had such a start

But most importantly
2) What if we don't get to 66 points? What if it's 63 again? Is that still a success?
Of course it will be. The powers that be will be ecstatic, safe from relegation while spending and doing the bare minimum. Mediocre and lazy with absolutely 0 intent to plan and get ahead of the curve. Lowe and this club are a match made in heaven.

Great questions again from Andy Bayes in the WBA presser about how do PNE stop floating around in mid-table and improve...

The solution?

"We have to be 2, 5 or 10% smarter"

I don’t have any confidence that he knows what to do. He makes the same vague points in every interview - whether it’s “we need to be 5% smarter” or “our levels weren’t right” etc etc, it’s all just meaningless waffle.

The interviewer should have asked him to be specific about the progress he thinks we’ve made because I’m fucked if I can see it.

We didn’t lose the ball in the warm up sessions. Surely that counts as a bonus for Ryan.
He must mean in the training ground games or what he see's on the pitch is totally different to what we see on the football pitch on matchday's. They all put effort in during the few hours or so.