PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

I think I understand what the plan was... sit in a low block with our two quickest strikers sat up front, try and soak it up, play on the break with Mads arriving late in the box.

The problems:

A) Southampton are very good
B) We had 2 players playing out of position
C) The central midfield consisted of a number 10 who basically plays up front/where he wants, a CB and an 18 year old making his second start for the club against Stuart Armstrong, Flynn Downes and Joe Aribo
D) Not one player in a Preston shirt had a good game today
E) We had 6 players missing from the starting 11 who would be starting if fit/fresh.

The thing I can't understand is why you wouldn't chuck the kids on. We're 3-0 down after 70 minutes, but it's only at that point that he finally addresses the central midfield risking two senior players there with 20 to go after looking only slightly less shit in the 25 minutes we'd already played that half, then overlooking Stewart in favour of Evans with 10 to go.

Excuse my lack of badges, but you should go for it and make those changes that we made in the second half at half time if you want to at least pretend you're trying to win the game. If not, you hold onto the subs and bring Seary, Best and Stewart on with 20 to go to rest a few players and give a chance to some who need minutes.

The way he did it was the worst of both worlds - needlessly risk senior players in a game we're never going to win and miss an opportunity to rest others/give minutes to young players you're trying to develop with no threat of it affecting the result.

2 games in a row managed not even to a mediocre standard - but remember, that's not what we want:

"At the end of the day, I don't want to just be a bang average, mediocre Championship manager," he said. "I want to progress and get to the heights of where Sheffield United are going. But, I want players who are going to follow suit."

"...there've been times this season where I will reflect, look back and we could've gotten results."

"The fact is I don't want to be a mid-table team. I have come to Preston North End to try and get them out of the division."

"I don't want just mediocre; I want better."

He's not going anywhere, but he needs to buck his ideas up otherwise it's going to be a third edition of the "Lowe Out" circus as soon as we lose a couple next season.

Last edited:
Everytime I give Ryan the benefit of the doub't, maybe start believing he is learning from his mistakes he goes and does what he has done in the last few games.

Yes we have had injuries to key players but his team selections and refusal to adapt to who he has available indicates he just isn't good enough to progress any further.

Everytime I give Ryan the benefit of the doub't and start believing he is learning from his mistakes he goes and does what he has done in the last few games.

Yes we have had injuries to key players but his team selections and refusal to adapt to who he has available indicates he just isn't good enough to progress any further.
This season has played out pretty much the same as last season… decent enough unbeaten start, shambles from Oct to mid Jan, a rally to get us back to mid table form then crap the bed when it matters… tonight will be his Sheff utd moment where he throws the squad under the bus and questions commitment.. I can see us finishing 12th again and for all his bigging it up we will be where we were last year, only the football quality is declining…

Time to ask sky-bet the odds for 63 pts and 12th in 2025 …