PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

It is quite funny isn't it though. The media narrative is :

UK wanting independence from Europe is fuelled by xenophobia, racism, little England mentality, etc.
Scotland wanting independence the rest of the UK is triumphantly patriotic.

Can't have it both ways.
Sounds about right to me. ;)😁

In the wake of the horrible death total today, at least there are some signs that things will slowly be improving.

Only if we don’t compare our death figures to other countries - because that isn’t fair.

A child could have worked out his best defence was to lay the blame on the new UK strain. Whilst avoiding like the plague the cockup mixed messaging for Xmas relaxations. They seem to have a policy that its best to give no answer than a plausible one, since theyre too thick to defend a real answer.

It is quite funny isn't it though. The media narrative is :

UK wanting independence from Europe is fuelled by xenophobia, racism, little England mentality, etc.
Scotland wanting independence the rest of the UK is triumphantly patriotic.

Can't have it both ways.
Or Scotland wanting independence from the UK because the promised continued membership of the EU, which helped to tip the Indie Ref in favour of staying last time out, has proved to be a big, fat lie.

Or Scotland wanting independence from the UK because the promised continued membership of the EU, which helped to tip the Indie Ref in favour of staying last time out, has proved to be a big, fat lie.
The EU isn't a country, or even a continent. Not to get into a Brexit debate, but the EU and Europe are not the same and it grinds my gears when they addressed as the same.

The EU isn't a country, or even a continent. Not to get into a Brexit debate, but the EU and Europe are not the same and it grinds my gears when they addressed as the same.
I'm not sure what this has to do with my reply tbh. I'm not confusing Europe and the EU and neither were the voters of Scotland when they voted to remain part of the UK because, by so doing, they would also remain part of the EU. I have no issue with the decisions that a devolved government chooses to make regarding the pandemic. Theyre entitled to do so since theyre in charge of those elements of their own governance. Tha fact that Sturgeon leads and Fatlad follows surely suggests that the decisions she takes are generally correct, but that she is able to make them in a more timely fashion than Westminster.

1600 more deaths. Christmas shopping, Boxing day and New Year sales, Visiting friends and family over Christmas. Well done the People of England.

1600 more deaths. Christmas shopping, Boxing day and New Year sales, Visiting friends and family over Christmas. Well done the People of England.

Yes a high price to now be paying for our short period of “freedom” around Christmas and a PM ignoriing the science over and over.

Will he learn? Does he care?

Will “WE” learn?

Yes a high price to now be paying for our short period of “freedom” around Christmas and a PM ignoriing the science over and over.

Will he learn? Does he care?

Will “WE” learn?

The noes have it. To all 3 qs.

Meanwhile in Parliament and the shitty end of the media, all you hear are questions regarding when we can expect restrictions to be lifted since the figures are 'improving'. The equivalent of crapping on the Covid nurses doorsteps just before they get home at one in the morning.

Last edited:
This is absolutely insane.

EsIfjLpXUAIDIVR