PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Do you use the Zoe app? On there youre able to report different symptons. For example its showing that with the Delta virus most adults are now presenting with cold like, hay fever type symptons.

My 21 year old daughter started feeling ill 3 weeks ago, tested positive and although shes now testing negative, after 10 days isolation is still feeling quite ill, struggling with breathing especially during the night. She describes it as like having asthma type symptons.

good to hear your lad is on the mend.
No, I hadn't heard of that app. We reported our symptoms to the contact tracer but I'll look at the Zoe app too now.

No, I hadn't heard of that app. We reported our symptoms to the contact tracer but I'll look at the Zoe app too now.
Gladly ,my wife and I, whove both had the 2 doses, similar timeline to you, have got away with catching it from her. Despite close contact for quite a few days before she first tested positive.

What Im hearing from schools is quite worrying, School holidays cant come quick enough with children getting ill.

Do you use the Zoe app? On there youre able to report different symptons. For example its showing that with the Delta virus most adults are now presenting with cold like, hay fever type symptons.

My 21 year old daughter started feeling ill 3 weeks ago, tested positive and although shes now testing negative, after 10 days isolation is still feeling quite ill, struggling with breathing especially during the night. She describes it as like having asthma type symptons.

good to hear your lad is on the mend.
The government and Dido Harding’s lot are well aware of the new symptoms. I have my own suspicions as to why they aren’t publicising them and asking people to isolate until they’re tested.

The government and Dido Harding’s lot are well aware of the new symptoms. I have my own suspicions as to why they aren’t publicising them and asking people to isolate until they’re tested.
Dont talk to me about the waste of public money with Harding.

Our whole family have the App she was paid to produce, we lived in the same home as someone self isolating with Covid, the App remained silent despite her reporting all her tests and symptons.

We chose to do the right thing and self isolate for 10 days, i wonder how many dont?

Dunno if this has been posted yet but this is shocking.

Reminds me of an oppressive state, Stalins Russia, Hitlers Germany, etc.

jodie mccarten said:
Literally in prison at Heathrow airport if you come back from a red list country, meanwhile the elite fly in and out as they please, and have a good knees up at our expense!? Are you not angry yet? Can you not see what is happening? Watch until the end!

My son and missus both caught it, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Both now fine but missus very frustrated as sense of taste and smell still hasn't returned. She also still has a constant tickly cough.
Mines not returned properly 7-8 months after Covid along with some other complications. The worry is the long term effects not only in Adults but children too.

Heathrow, yes.

Did you play it to the end? Shocking how we are being taken for mugs.

Do as I say, not as I do.
And as much as I love football and want the final and semi to be at Wembley, it will be utterly wrong and appalling if the government gives in to UEFA demands and allows quarantine/isolation free access to the games.

We started to get hopeful that we could go and see family in Belgium for the first time since December 2019. Cases falling rapidly there and rumoured that if you were double vaccinated, you didn't need to provide a negative test to be allowed there and also no longer need to self isolate coming back here even if an amber country.

However, Belgium has now made the UK a red country. I would guess it's likely that other EU countries will do the same and we would only be allowed there if we self isolate when we arrive there.

We started to get hopeful that we could go and see family in Belgium for the first time since December 2019. Cases falling rapidly there and rumoured that if you were double vaccinated, you didn't need to provide a negative test to be allowed there and also no longer need to self isolate coming back here even if an amber country.

However, Belgium has now made the UK a red country. I would guess it's likely that other EU countries will do the same and we would only be allowed there if we self isolate when we arrive there.
We are due to go to Scotland a week on Monday. The Scottish govt has just put a prohibition of travelling from Salford and Manchester, along with Bolton, Blackburn and Darwen. Getting too close for comfort.

All the best to you and your family, I hope you all make a speedy recovery.

I'm guessing that the 42% in hospital will walk out perfectly fine as they've been vaccinated, it could have been a different story if they hadn't.
It would be interesting to know what the sample size is re: the 42% figure, I believe the % nationally is more like 18%. Not sure what proportion of the 18% have had the second vaccination more than 2 weeks prior to infection, 2 weeks being the average time to optimal efficacy following the second dose.

Not surprising that the % of double-vaccinated patients is increasing given that half the population are now double-vaxxed. This 50% also contains the highest risk groups and we know that all vaccines are less effective in older age groups, particularly in people above the age of about 70.

Not surprising or even particularly concerning given that there are only about 1,500 Covid patients in hospital in total in the UK. The vaccines are amazingly effective relative to expectations a year ago.

Yeah, totally agree with you Norky…

We have said the same, I can imagine all other countries will seriously consider put us on a Red list and ban us from going…

I think that foreign holidays are a non starter until next year at best !!