PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Spot on
And what really riles me is like an absolute dope I have been following the rules
Today was our first day where we took a walk out (Nicky nook) abiding by social distance rules, we even went really early to avoid the rush.
If I’d had known it’s was really “follow the rules if you feel like it” then I’d have been in the back of johns allegro en route to St Anne’s quicker then you can say mr whippyView attachment 726

Is Nicky nook some form of randonnee across the sweeping estate or a mail order bride that you are hiding away from Mrs .Plunge?

Whoever released that statement should be sacked.. Government officials are supposed to maintain scrupulous political impartiality.

They are using an official account to post personal comment about the government they are supposed to working for and are claiming to speak for all civil servants ? If it's an individual's opinion they should be sacked for using an official Twitter account in this way

Yes they should face disciplinary action, which they most probably will, unless they can produce some ridiculous “alternative facts” to get them off the hook.

Yes they should face disciplinary action, which they most probably will, unless they can produce some ridiculous “alternative facts” to get them off the hook.

Cummings should go and so should the person (or persons) responsible for that tweet.

My guess is that our wonderfully impartial media will continue to focus on Cummings failings and completely ignore the latter.

U.K. Government at senior levels doesn't exactly come out of this looking good.

Absolutely correct Edgy. I agree 100%. Leadership includes, inter alia, modelling the very highest standards of behaviour, morality and integrity.

Whereas Johnson is more like Sergeant Major Williams - you WILL do exactly as I say.

The thought came to me after the conference that he’s essentially saying I’ve decided Cummings did nothing wrong and because I’ve decided it must be right. He didn’t answer any questions, he said there were falsehoods in the stories but wouldn’t say what they were, he didn’t comment on the Barnard Castle question and he even said Cummings was doing his best to prevent the virus spreading.

I said earlier in the day that this was in danger of becoming about Johnson and that’s the way it’s planning out. He‘s taken a huge gamble politically and must feel the consequences of backing Cummings are better than sacking him. He must have some serious dirt.

Cummings should go and so should the person (or persons) responsible for that tweet.

I doubt the person responsible for that tweet will have the backing of the level of the all powerful PM and his Government. So I suspect they’ll have to take their punishment whilst the most senior Government advisor who broke the lockdown rules at the height of the pandemic, put others at serious risk of infection and completely undermined public trust in the Government’s rules will remain in post.

This will run for a while yet I suspect though.

I doubt the person responsible for that tweet will have the backing of the level of the all powerful PM and his Government. So I suspect they’ll have to take their punishment whilst the most senior Government advisor who broke the lockdown rules at the height of the pandemic, put others at serious risk of infection and completely undermined public trust in the Government’s rules will remain in post.

This will run for a while yet I suspect though.

I’m interpreting the ‘Hostage to Fortune?‘ line as there’s more to come. I would suggest, however, that tracing a persons movements this day and age is quite simple and his car MUST be on ANPR?

Whereas Johnson is more like Sergeant Major Williams - you WILL do exactly as I say.

The thought came to me after the conference that he’s essentially saying I’ve decided Cummings did nothing wrong and because I’ve decided it must be right. He didn’t answer any questions, he said there were falsehoods in the stories but wouldn’t say what they were, he didn’t comment on the Barnard Castle question and he even said Cummings was doing his best to prevent the virus spreading.

I said earlier in the day that this was in danger of becoming about Johnson and that’s the way it’s planning out. He‘s taken a huge gamble politically and must feel the consequences of backing Cummings are better than sacking him. He must have some serious dirt.
Yep-we're in power, this is what's happening and there's nothing you can do about it- is pretty much how it came across.

As Winky pointed out earlier, even the likes of Tim Montgomerie are outraged. For me it's really just thrown into sharp relief the fact that Johnson is devoid of judgment and integrity and his hand picked team of yes men and women in Cabinet, who have tweeted support for Cummings, are entirely devoid of any moral compass.

Some of these hollowed out, morality free morons need to reread the Nolan Principles and the Bew report on Standards in Public Life. They will see that theyre falling far short of the minimum standards that we should have a right to expect them to follow. Afterall, they expect others to follow those principles.....hypocrites, shysters and liars

As Winky pointed out earlier, even the likes of Tim Montgomerie are outraged. For me it's really just thrown into sharp relief the fact that Johnson is devoid of judgment and integrity and his hand picked team of yes men and women in Cabinet, who have tweeted support for Cummings, are entirely devoid of any moral compass.

Some of these hollowed out, morality free morons need to reread the Nolan Principles and the Bew report on Standards in Public Life. They will see that theyre falling far short of the minimum standards that we should have a right to expect them to follow. Afterall, they expect others to follow those principles.....hypocrites, shysters and liars

Any opinion on the unelected UK Civil Service being publicly critical of an elected UK government ?

Not on SAGE but on the group that feeds into SAGE. Most importantly, the remit of SPI-B includes providing advice aimed at anticipating and helping people adhere to interventions that are recommended by medical or epidemiological experts.

This is exactly what the left do to anyone who votes Tory...
You might not have noticed that your lot are in, and with a large majority over everyone else, a particularly large majority over labour. They've been in power in one form or another for over 10 years but hey let's take no responsibility, let's blame the left. Johnson was particularly pathetic today, defending the indefensible. And what do you come up with - typical left? Can you not defend your man? No, I didn't think so.

I suspect the tweet is someone who has access to the official account and a personal account and has made a huge error, thinking they were on the personal account. He or she will pay for it, probably with their job, whilst other unelected advisors get away with their actions without consequence.

I've said before I want the government to succeed, this is too important. However, it is now open season on how we interpret the rules.