PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Rob, have you heard the phrase “There are none so blind as those that will not see”.
Yep i have have you ? If you would like to disprove or have hard evidence that masks work or can answer the question which no-one seems to reply too if they are working why are we yet into another lockdown?
All i am asking for is as you say none so blind from both sides of the debate, as far as i am concerned i have seen no evidence they work i would be more than happy to be proved wrong with a decent debate instead of snidey comments and stupid fishing comments. Then i will hold my hands up and say i am wrong.

How about this then look at the wording like might . From the lancet after that study you mentioned. They also recommend it might help wearing eye covering as well why are we not doing that as well ?

• Face coverings and masks might protect both healthcare workers and the general public against infection with COVID-19, and protective eye covering may also provide additional benefit--although the certainty of the evidence is low for both forms of protection.
  • The jury is still out.
Still not one person answering if they are so effective why are we yet again in a lockdown ?

The Lancet: Most comprehensive study to date provides evidence on optimal physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent spread of COVID-19 | EurekAlert! Science News

During the cold weather I did extensive tests on mask wearing.

Stage 1.
I stood at the back door and exhaled into the night air with the outside light on, I was surprised how far I could see my breath travel with the moisture particles highlighted in the cold air.

Stage 2.
I did the same thing again wearing a mask and the distribution was cut down dramatically.

There is your proof so now shut up and put your fucking mask on Rob 😉😂😘

During the cold weather I did extensive tests on mask wearing.

Stage 1.
I stood at the back door and exhaled into the night air with the outside light on, I was surprised how far I could see my breath travel with the moisture particles highlighted in the cold air.

Stage 2.
I did the same thing again wearing a mask and the distribution was cut down dramatically.

There is your proof so now shut up and put your fucking mask on Rob 😉😂😘
I walked past someone vaping last week and I did wonder, if they were covid positive but didn’t know, could they spread the virus further in that vape cloud?🤔

I walked past someone vaping last week and I did wonder, if they were covid positive but didn’t know, could they spread the virus further in that vape cloud?🤔

Not necessarily further but if you can smell a vape, fag or fart you were too close and could have come in to contact with whatever they had.

100s of people were stood in the streets near the Marine ground today. Liverpool area was in tier 2 a few weeks ago, it was stated all the mass testing etc was a great success. Areas in Liverpool are now at 900 cases per 100,000 🤦‍♂️.

100s of people were stood in the streets near the Marine ground today. Liverpool area was in tier 2 a few weeks ago, it was stated all the mass testing etc was a great success. Areas in Liverpool are now at 900 cases per 100,000 🤦‍♂️.
And the police stood round watching and chatting to them

So much for issuing stricter fines and no warnings

And the police stood round watching and chatting to them

So much for issuing stricter fines and no warnings
It was ridiculous.

There's so much none compliance going on right now in some many different areas. We walked our little girl home from nursery on Friday, the Mrs needed to pop into the Spar shop. 3 lads in their mid 20s (looked like they were on steroids) walked in with no masks and big smiles on their faces. Apparently an elderly worker asked them about their lack of face masks, they just replied they were exempt.

This lockdown is a shambles so far. There's less compliance with a more transmissible strain of the virus everywhere. Enforcement really needs toughening up now, and possibly stricter restrictions. Otherwise come March, cases will be far higher than they need to be, and restrictions will last longer.

It was ridiculous.

There's so much none compliance going on right now in some many different areas. We walked our little girl home from nursery on Friday, the Mrs needed to pop into the Spar shop. 3 lads in their mid 20s (looked like they were on steroids) walked in with no masks and big smiles on their faces. Apparently an elderly worker asked them about their lack of face masks, they just replied they were exempt.

This lockdown is a shambles so far. There's less compliance with a more transmissible strain of the virus everywhere. Enforcement really needs toughening up now, and possibly stricter restrictions. Otherwise come March, cases will be far higher than they need to be, and restrictions will last longer.

The same idiots will be complaining in May why Spain and Portugal wont let them in for their holiday pissup. Self imposed isolation from Europe.

It was ridiculous.

There’s a lot of selfish bastards around. Hopefully when they grow up they’ll realise what knobheads they were!

That's fair - and I don't have as much of an issue if it is busy. But, there is absolutely no scientific basis for wearing them at all times outdoors - in fact, I think that is likely to do more harm than good.

a policy so daft The UK govt is probably kicking themselves they didn’t think of it first

And tonight it seems they are now discussing imposing such measures. Me and my big mouth

Before testing by the Army Liverpool had 680 cases per 100,000. After it was 140 or so. Now it’s nearer 900.
Surely questions have to be asked whether the testing is fallible.

It was ridiculous.

I was in Booths in penwortham. The checkout lady started berating a rather timid looking young girl who looked about 16 for having no mask on, so she fumbled in her coat pocket and got the mask out. Next in the queue was a huge, fat, rough scummy looking bloke, all shaven head and tattooed, with an equally rough looking missus, neither wore a mask, and they weren't challenged at all. When it was my turn, I asked the checkout lady why she had only asked the polite looking young girl about wearing a mask and not the other couple. She just said it looked like the other couple would give her grief for asking them.

Where was this foresight and planning for the last 9 months? First time the government act proactively and it’s something completely pointless. It’s not like closing them has made any sort of difference