PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Top of the league what can the club do as a business sense

Next game against Plymouth at home, feel good factor coming back would it be a gamble to pay for extra stewards and open the kop maybe. Even cheaper tickets for school children and get the kids interested. Imagine getting closer to 20,000 than the probable 15,000. It may work out a loss at the moment but carry on the run merchandise sales would go up on the run to Christmas and maybe sell even more half season tickets.

By the time the game rolls around it'll have been 3 weeks since our last home game. As mentioned, we are top of the league, holidays are over, the game has an added angle in that it's master vs apprentice from managerial perspective. We should be getting 16 - 17k home fans on this easily.

How many will Plymouth bring? 500 - 1000? Do they travel well?

Next game against Plymouth at home, feel good factor coming back would it be a gamble to pay for extra stewards and open the kop maybe. Even cheaper tickets for school children and get the kids interested. Imagine getting closer to 20,000 than the probable 15,000. It may work out a loss at the moment but carry on the run merchandise sales would go up on the run to Christmas and maybe sell even more half season tickets.

Disagree. If you build it they will come. Word of mouth and two weeks of positivity should bring a couple of extra thousand walk-ons.

Focus on the merch and getting the club shop fully kitted out now. Get more food vans dotted about the place. Have an early "happy hour" pricing at the bar to get people to the ground earlier (and drunk to start buying overpriced merch and non-happy hour beers...)

By the time the game rolls around it'll have been 3 weeks since our last home game. As mentioned, we are top of the league, holidays are over, the game has an added angle in that it's master vs apprentice from managerial perspective. We should be getting 16 - 17k home fans on this easily.

I think lots of Plymouth fans are looking forward to this one for reasons we know maybe 1k plus but see. If it was midweek maybe less.

A smart business would put the price up! This communicates additional value. And reminds people not to miss out on the early bird deals in the future.

I'm not saying they should do this. But they should definitely hold their nerve.

Let's face it, the football is a million miles away from the tedious garbage we have sat through for over four seasons now.

For the first time, I feel like I'm getting value.

If you are a North End fan and still choose to avoid home games when your team is top of the league (North End are top of the league! Unbelievable), then perhaps you aren't a North End fan? Take up golf or something.

I'd target fans who subscribe to goal alerts but don't come on any more.

I'd run a simple campaign to cash in on the FOMO feeling and give people a choice saying something like:

'Where Will You Share Your North End Moment?'

Use a split visual.

One with lapsed fans getting goal alerts in various crap locations. On a golf course, with a family in a shopping centre, cutting a hedge, mowing a lawn etc. (something tedious)

Another image of limbs. When fans go into meltdown.

Then a QR code and super simple instructions on how to buy tickets online. So simple a baby could do it.

I'd also be going big on North End moments. I'd be asking North End fans, including celebs, how their favourite North End moment made them feel.
I'd be asking psychiatrists about the benefits of adrenaline in the system
About the social benefits of being part of a community. Something bigger than yourself.
And so on.

I'd do it now.

I would note talk about being top of the league. That speaks for itself.

The board have finally backed us. Now it's over to us.

Alternatives:

'True Fans Come Back'
'There's nothing like being there'
'Be part of it'
'Play your part'
'Our team. Your moment.'
'Our passion. Your moment.'
'Our city's passion. Your moment.'

Given it'll be a 2 week break, up against their former hero Lowe and it's early in the season, 2k Pilgrims wouldn't surprise me.

20k crowd easily.

Plymouth will bring more than that, 1.5k. Considering the distances they have one of the best supports in the country.

Make it a fiver. Pack the ground out. Games like this don't come around too often. More often than not when there's a big crowd on the result on the pitch is a let down but our luck's got to change one day.

Make it a fiver. Pack the ground out. Games like this don't come around too often. More often than not when there's a big crowd on the result on the pitch is a let down but our luck's got to change one day.
Disagree.

Top of The League.

Usual prices.

If you ain't coming out for this game as a divvering fan, then you never will do.

Keep the price as it is. We're top of the league and coming off the back of the best transfer window in a long time. No reason at all to reduce the price.

Plymouth will bring a few, I reckon between 1500 and 2000. Just promoted, Lowe factor, they've started well also.

I think we should be getting around 18k-19k if they bring 2k. There will still be the pessimists among our fanbase that will scoff at us being top and say its only 5 games in and keep their money in their pocket, sadly.

The only reason I mentioned the cheaper tickets for school children eg quid a kid is that the next home game is Birmingham on Tuesday night on sky. This is also same night as champions league. It would be for good kids wanting to go on deepdale and being interested than watching champions league on tv

The only reason I mentioned the cheaper tickets for school children eg quid a kid is that the next home game is Birmingham on Tuesday night on sky. This is also same night as champions league. It would be for good kids wanting to go on deepdale and being interested than watching champions league on tv
I would let the kids in for next to nowt, in today's economic woes, costs a lot for a mother or dad to fork out for a footie match.

I think Plymouth will bring in the region of 2,000 plus, they are still on the promotion high, great result for them yesterday 👍😀 they also have a good away following and then add in the RL factor.
We are in form, there will have been the International break, the RL Plymouth connection, the new signings, and we are top of the league, can see 16,000 home fans so an attendance of 18-19,000 just my opinion. 👍😀

It's a long old poke but they travel well..