PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Training Ground Bought (Confirmed)

Like all of us, choosing a job, we weigh up a lot of factors. Money and prospects will be hugely important but quality of life is of growing importance. Pissing half your day away in traffic every day is not a positive.
You can look at your bank account whilst stuck in traffic that will ease the pain.

To be fair, there is a lot of competition for this accolade.
I will happily take the title of Biggest Knob on the forum to keep the peace. If you lot could work on spreading it around Preston that’d be great. Chinese whispers and all that and I’m sure it’ll work in my favour!

Do you mean 'all Under 16's# i.e. down to the U9's etc or just the U 16's that Gally coaches with the U15's and lower still at Uclan ?

Presumably the ones Gally coaches but let’s wait and see how it pans out when they move.

They’ll be playing all their matches at Springies too which is good.

Good news is, The Club bought the Ingol Site from Hemmings, now with all them houses going around it, the site would of trebled in Value. ;) A good way of pumping some Cash in for Hemmings.

Poss something in this. If Hemmings "buys" it back at more than originally "sold" then *may* be a more tax efficient way of going about it than the current method of converting cash injections to share capital. Just speculating here, someone who properly knows what theyre talking about may be able to advise.

I will happily take the title of Biggest Knob on the forum to keep the peace. If you lot could work on spreading it around Preston that’d be great. Chinese whispers and all that and I’m sure it’ll work in my favour!

Bally, you're not even close.

You need at least two more years of practice (y).

Like all of us, choosing a job, we weigh up a lot of factors. Money and prospects will be hugely important but quality of life is of growing importance. Pissing half your day away in traffic every day is not a positive.

Correct. In fact it's something that is regularly discussed in the Undr The Cosh podcasts.

The Riddler probably told Trevor that this would, in time, shut up the moaning fans and anyway most will forget the terrific support they gave in the Ingol project. It will be years before they build on the site and by then who knows how many will still be around - I think he may just be right

How do you know it isn't 'Premier League' standard, or are you just guessing also? I asked @Bobbage the same question a few times as he had a similar view, and I was generally interested to know (but never got a response). What is stopping Euxton from being a 'Premier League' standard training ground today, or are you also just making an assumption because it wasn't built within the last few years?

From what I have seen and heard it's absolutely perfect for what we require, and I would have assumed Bolton (initially) and Wigan will have kept all the equipment etc relatively up-to-date.

I'm curious as to how we have supporters that seem to know the ins & out's of this training complex, when all the rest of us have seen is an odd photo online!

To be honest I don’t know 100%.

How do you know it is?

One thing that is mighty obvious by it’s absence is the lack of indoor facilities, I am not a gambler by nature but I would bet a quid on there not being a Premier League club who’s training facility does not have one.
I doubt that there are not too many Championship clubs that don’t.

The proposed Ingol site had a beauty in the design.

To be honest you are not “curious” you are just making excuses for our billionaire owner and in doing so you seem happy to settle for mediocrity.

How do you know it isn't 'Premier League' standard, or are you just guessing also? I asked @Bobbage the same question a few times as he had a similar view, and I was generally interested to know (but never got a response). What is stopping Euxton from being a 'Premier League' standard training ground today, or are you also just making an assumption because it wasn't built within the last few years?

From what I have seen and heard it's absolutely perfect for what we require, and I would have assumed Bolton (initially) and Wigan will have kept all the equipment etc relatively up-to-date.

I'm curious as to how we have supporters that seem to know the ins & out's of this training complex, when all the rest of us have seen is an odd photo online!
It's still brilliant, football clubs owned it, it wasn't a rented slum loads of money has kept being spent on it so the pampered guys can enjoy it, still prem standard

How do you know it is?

One thing that is mighty obvious by it’s absence is the lack of indoor facilities, I am not a gambler by nature but I would bet a quid on there not being a Premier League club who’s training facility does not have one.
I doubt that there are not too many Championship clubs that don’t.

To be honest you are not “curious” you are just making excuses for our billionaire owner and in doing so you seem happy to settle for mediocrity.
When Bolton owned it they put the indoor at the old Tg where the u18s now train and now the 1st team as well, a bit like what we are going do at springys

I was given to understand that the updates to Springfields had been put on the back burner.

I don’t know if an indoor facility was on the plans? But I thought that quite a while ago they applied for permission and it was knocked back because of pressure from the locals.

How do you know it is? I don’t, and I never said it was. I was asking those such as yourself who inferred that it wasn’t up to Premier League standard.

I doubt that there are not too many Championship clubs that don’t. Does it need one? It’s got undersoil heating so why would we need it?

I’m not making any excuses, I’ve been more then critical of Hemmings, but think this a great purchase, at a difficult time

I was hoping you knew what you were talking about, but sadly appears you were just guessing also.

It's still brilliant, football clubs owned it, it wasn't a rented slum loads of money has kept being spent on it so the pampered guys can enjoy it, still prem standard

Thanks, that’s good to know. Finally somebody who seems to actually know something about the place 👍🏽

Thanks, that’s good to know. Finally somebody who seems to actually know something about the place 👍🏽
I was in there last wk watching Wigan thrash a Bolton team....who had Charlie Adam playing for them....oppps poor lasher Charlie decent player tbf

I've just heard that you're the knob with massive balls ;)

I visited the facility when NotloB had it, its a very very good facility. It is more than adequate for our needs in this league and beyond.

No its not to the standard of Brockhole but there are very few facilities, even now, that are.