PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

Supposedly the entire Ipswich team is pretty much available for transfer, some of them were very highly rated as youngsters but haven't kicked on. Dozzell, Downes, Wolfenden etc... Still only 21/22, might kick on with a change of scenery.

Would you take a look at any of them?

Never really understood the obsession with tall centre backs. Ability to read the game and positioning are more important. Just a few of the greats: Bobby Moore 6ft, Beckenbaur 5ft 11, Cannavaro 5ft 9, Baresi 5 ft 9.

On the flip side there's some absolutely awful centre backs that are like 6'6.

Doubt that would matter if Championship football and a higher wage was on offer.

Exeter fans don't seem overly convinced he could hack it at this level but suppose we heard the same about Barkhuizen. Pace goes a long way if it's coached right.

Looked better on the ball than Barky, not sure he can match up in terms of straight line speed though.

If we are going to fully commit to the 3-5-2 and play long ball, I think he'd be a great option to have on the right hand side.

Not sure he'd be good enough defensively to play in a back 4.

Supposedly the entire Ipswich team is pretty much available for transfer, some of them were very highly rated as youngsters but haven't kicked on. Dozzell, Downes, Wolfenden etc... Still only 21/22, might kick on with a change of scenery.

Have they just been bought out ? Perhaps they're going to buy their way back.

Randall would be a really poor signing in my opinion, not rated by Exeter fans. Only 24 (5) appearances this season with 4 goals and two assists in a team that are the second highest scorers in the division. Lack of appearances appears to be due to the fact he missed about 3 months with injury and has been subbed regularly and sometimes quite early since his return. Know a couple of lads who've played against him and they don't think he is anywhere near good enough for the championship. I've seen him 3 or 4 times, not overly impressed.

OOC, so cheap which is probably why we are linked with him but we need better.

Randall would be a really poor signing in my opinion, not rated by Exeter fans. Only 24 (5) appearances this season with 4 goals and two assists in a team that are the second highest scorers in the division. Lack of appearances appears to be due to the fact he missed about 3 months with injury and has been subbed regularly and sometimes quite early since his return. Know a couple of lads who've played against him and they don't think he is anywhere near good enough for the championship. I've seen him 3 or 4 times, not overly impressed.

The Randall that is a talent at Exeter is Joel Randall, not Randall Williams.

Got injured in March but at 21 years old is already highly thought of. 10 goals and 5 assists from 29 starts this campaign

Agreed about Randall Williams, I am not keen.

Wouldn't mind Woolfenden honestly, seems solid and mobile enough, certainly more so than Bauer, Hunts and LL. McGuinness would be. No worse than what we have imo.

Wouldn't mind Woolfenden honestly, seems solid and mobile enough, certainly more so than Bauer, Hunts and LL. McGuinness would be. No worse than what we have imo.
Also think that Mark McGuinness is OOC this summer, on loan from Arsenal, could be a really good prospect to pick up if we can.

There's only room for one Randall round here

That Bristol City release list looks fairly decent on paper.

What happened to Jack Hunt? always thought he was a good right back. Made 37 starts this season.

What happened to Jack Hunt? always thought he was a good right back. Made 37 starts this season.
Decent going forward too IIRC, so would work in 3 and 4 backs

Lots of them around the age 30 mark, looks like they want to get a more youthful look in. Famara Diedhiou looks a handful whenever ive seen him. Not a bad scoring record and only 28