PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonce behavior 🤣🤣 I’d expect that kind of chat from an uneducated English prick. You wouldn’t say that to my face cause you’d get knocked out but you’ll happily do it over an online forum where you can hide your face. You’re the only one acting like a paedophile 😂😂😂
Embarrassing this. This is why you shouldn't let children on a computer.

Lads, just wanted to come on and apologise for the complete f*nny that was on here earlier being an arse. Rangers fans have plenty of respect for Preston and the Championship. While Joey Garner may not have worked out, he did at least get us into a massive Twitter war with Little Mix fans, so it's all good.

I'm a wee bit confused by Risdale's statement earlier - is this meant to be a shot at us/Bournemouth? Reason being nobody in Scotland had any idea this deal was going down until an English Mirror jouno tweeted about it. Our Sporting Director has notoriously cracked down on leaking transfer info from Ibrox these days, and we've signed a number of players completely out the blue this summer (Calvin Bassey, Jon McLaughlin, Leon Balogun). To me, it looks as if all the leaks about this deal are coming out of the players or PNE's camp?
👍

Lads, just wanted to come on and apologise for the complete f*nny that was on here earlier being an arse. Rangers fans have plenty of respect for Preston and the Championship. While Joey Garner may not have worked out, he did at least get us into a massive Twitter war with Little Mix fans, so it's all good.

Nae problem - the wee man jumped from banter to vitriol way too quickly (y)

I'm a wee bit confused by Risdale's statement earlier - is this meant to be a shot at us/Bournemouth? Reason being nobody in Scotland had any idea this deal was going down until an English Mirror jouno tweeted about it. Our Sporting Director has notoriously cracked down on leaking transfer info from Ibrox these days, and we've signed a number of players completely out the blue this summer (Calvin Bassey, Jon McLaughlin, Leon Balogun). To me, it looks as if all the leaks about this deal are coming out of the players or PNE's camp?
It looks to me like the leaks are all from DJ trying to engineer the move himself tbh

It looks to me like the leaks are all from DJ trying to engineer the move himself tbh
Fair enough. All part of the game these days it seems. Our striker did the same to try and force a move to Lille earlier this summer.

I guess we'll see what happens over the next few days, but I can tell you from our end we'd expect this to move pretty quickly if it is going to happen. We lost four players to injury on Saturday, including one CM and one AM (Brandon Barker, formerly of this parish). We're playing two games a week for the foreseeable future so we can't afford to hang around for too long.

KDB and Chip Balm are spot on most of the time, and on the rare occasions they are wrong is when targets or sales fall through later on . I would definitely prefer them to keep us updated than to listen to bugger all coming from the club , as it stands now we would have heard jack shit and no he’s not a forward we have targeted

Yes I do believe in what I type I just don't agree with a lot of the crap negative posts about the politics of the club.
I said from the beginning I would buy a ST not like some who did a fast retreat in 2 or 3 last week on why they have renewed.
Where is he is calling TH out ? He may be frustrated & disappointed With transfers DJ BD transfer bids the day before 1st match & losing wouldnt you be pissed off . But I think your reading far to much into his press releases to say he is calling out TH or PR for not spending millions in fact he has praised TH for how he financed the club over the last 6 months a number of times.
No wonder the club don't put much info our there . According to people like you TH doesn't fund the club properly but he scouts buys players & picks the bloody team all from the IOM.

Eh? You lose any argument when you completely falsify things you grumpy old man. Show me where I have said that.

For what it’s worth, I’m grateful for Hemmings’ long support - but the situation that the club find themselves in is simply negligent. And that stems from Hemmings. Simple as that.

Although on the other hand (and as mentioned earlier in the thread), there were conflicting social media stories going around when Joe Garner was first linked with Rangers.

Fair enough. All part of the game these days it seems. Our striker did the same to try and force a move to Lille earlier this summer.

I guess we'll see what happens over the next few days, but I can tell you from our end we'd expect this to move pretty quickly if it is going to happen. We lost four players to injury on Saturday, including one CM and one AM (Brandon Barker, formerly of this parish). We're playing two games a week for the foreseeable future so we can't afford to hang around for too long.
Recent history of such announcements from our club tells us this will be done and dusted within 48 hours 😂

Recent history of such announcements from our club tells us this will be done and dusted within 48 hours 😂
Haha!

From a selfish point of view, I hope it does. I really like the look of him. He reminds me a lot of Joe Aribo who's also with us - completely left footed, but capable of a bit of magic and can win a match by himself while also offering the versatility to play as an 8, despite being less effective there.

Haha!

From a selfish point of view, I hope it does. I really like the look of him. He reminds me a lot of Joe Aribo who's also with us - completely left footed, but capable of a bit of magic and can win a match by himself while also offering the versatility to play as an 8, despite being less effective there.
Pretty much DJ in a nutshell there

Can't say where the leaks are coming from, but regarding the player, he's miles better than Garner. Joe was a great League 1 striker and never really impressed at this level. DJ was a great League 1 player, and last season showed he was a great Championship player too. Whole different level. He'll take the piss out of most of the SPL dross. My main criticism of him was that he can be a bit of a flat track bully, only dominates games vs the weaker teams. But in the SPL that's everyone other than Celtic, he'll look class.

Can't say where the leaks are coming from, but regarding the player, he's miles better than Garner. Joe was a great League 1 striker and never really impressed at this level. DJ was a great League 1 player, and last season showed he was a great Championship player too. Whole different level. He'll take the piss out of most of the SPL dross. My main criticism of him was that he can be a bit of a flat track bully, only dominates games vs the weaker teams. But in the SPL that's everyone other than Celtic, he'll look class.
To be fair to Garner, we bought him in under Mark Warburton who then asked him to do something that he was completely unsuited to doing. He was set up to fail, and there was something very off with a lot of our transfers during that period, as they were all represented by the same agency run by Warburton's daughter.

In another style of team, he might have worked out.

I think that it is more to do with how and when payment will be made.

Scotland is a foreign country in football terms and if your club wished to pay over the length of his contract which is normal these days, in these days of Covid and maybe your recent dices in the financial mire I think he would like C O D.

If we sold to another English club and they finished up in Admin they couldn’t redeem themselves unless they coughed up to the clubs they owe money to, that’s why Wigan have been having a garage sale of late.

I guess he wants you to up the bid and pay more up front. Maybe.

I don't quite get the Seddon comment, did rangers fuck us over on garner?

Don't think they did but it's seeming people are more wary with everything going on as is presumably so it's a reasonable precaution to tak ethough obviously a spanner in the works for both clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.