PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather we didn’t sign either and preferably stayed away from the Scottish league completely

There's one or two exceptions from the Scottish and Irish leagues that have shown they have the ability or potential. If Shankland or Byrne came in respectively I'd be very happy.

Agreed plus I don't honestly think we need another winger.
With what little pocket money we have this window, strengthening anywhere that isnt a striker I think is a mistake. Respectively speaking we already have enough options out wide

We should be putting all of our efforts into finding a striker first and foremost and if we can manage to get Nugent off the books 2. Once that is sorted we need to look at LB

Oh good another we should be grateful we dont support (insert name here) post. 🙃

Thought someone would say that. I want to see us get a crack at the Premiership as much as anybody but things could be - and in living memory have been - an awful lot worse than now. A new season soon and well at the start of every new campaign there is always fresh hope. In any case as I always like to say supporting Preston North End is the ultimate in deferred gratification...

There's one or two exceptions from the Scottish and Irish leagues that have shown they have the ability or potential. If Shankland or Byrne came in respectively I'd be very happy.
Even then I’d be dubious. Louis Moult was one of the highest rated strikers not playing for the top two, and hasn’t exactly been revolutionary. As for Byrne, Burke was the hot prospect in the LOI and has been useless

We should be putting all of our efforts into finding a striker first and foremost and if we can manage to get Nugent off the books 2. Once that is sorted we need to look at LB

Think even Hemmings realises that his interference by bringing Nugent back has been a costly error.

I'd agree with your preference though, at least one striker has to be brought in, although not sure if talks of a 500k budget will be enough.

The left back situation is very strange, we put in a decent offer for Lowe and then that money then disappeared into the abymiss as we decided we could "cope with the siuation".

Think even Hemmings realises that his interference by bringing Nugent back has been a costly error.

I'd agree with your preference though, at least one striker has to be brought in, although not sure if talks of a 500k budget will be enough.

The left back situation is very strange, we put in a decent offer for Lowe and then that money then disappeared into the abymiss as we decided we could "cope with the siuation".
I’m not sure how you can say that Hemmings realises his interference has been costly when we’ve not heard from him for 5 years.

I’m not sure how you can say that Hemmings realises his interference has been costly when we’ve not heard from him for 5 years.

My research quest will be taking me to PNE this week - will hopefully be finding out the answer to this among other questions

No idea if the Salford rumour is true. But he would be an excellent signing for them, and a club I presume we can sort out a compromise that saves us money and they can afford the difference.

I feel sorry for Nugent. I actually thought he played decent in some games. But he was used far too often because of our lack of options. Too much was expected from him because of this. When really we should have had at least one younger and better option, with Nugent being used in some games for last 20 minutes.

Training starts a week on Wednesday. No new signings, no confirmation on Gallagher, no news on player deals, no new kit available (revenue for the club), concerning times.

Training starts a week on Wednesday. No new signings, no confirmation on Gallagher, no news on player deals, no new kit available (revenue for the club), concerning times.

I think the kits like other commercial aspects of the club are outsourced to another company. Don’t think it’s matters one jot to the club how many we sell, we just get a solid fee for outsourcing it.

I agree though we are often very slow to release them.

As for footballing matters I wonder if everything is on hold before we know who will / will not be in charge for next season. A similar thing happened with Grayson when it became clear he would be leaving but it took ages for Sunderland to come in officially.

No idea if the Salford rumour is true. But he would be an excellent signing for them, and a club I presume we can sort out a compromise that saves us money and they can afford the difference.

I feel sorry for Nugent. I actually thought he played decent in some games. But he was used far too often because of our lack of options. Too much was expected from him because of this. When really we should have had at least one younger and better option, with Nugent being used in some games for last 20 minutes.

Even in the games that he was brought on late in, he looked shit.

Yes he chases a few balls down when he wasn’t slipping on his ass, but absolutely no threat in front of goal.

A complete waste of a wage.

Even in the games that he was brought on late in, he looked shit.

Yes he chases a few balls down when he wasn’t slipping on his ass, but absolutely no threat in front of goal.

A complete waste of a wage.

Yeah I can’t say I feel particularly sorry for him. He’s on a contract worth around a million pounds over 2 years. So I can’t say I feel sorry for him because he was only expected to play a few minutes here and there.

That said I don’t blame him for the situation. I would also have signed that contract if it was put in front of me. Sadly, although most of us could see it unfolding this way, the club (owner) fell into the trap of a sentimental signing yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.