PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing about former players scoring against us is a bit doleful - though if I am going to chip in then the time Mike Elwiss did so was probably the worst for me though I wasn't there to see it. Thankfully the great Alex Dawson did not. Indeed the only time I can recall he played against us after he left was as centre half for Bury reserves back at our place after he had fallen out of favour with them. The centre forward for our reserves was the player we had signed to replace Dawson and who was proving a bit of a misfire for us Jimmy Forrest. A photo appeared in the LEP that showed the slightly built Forrest and the massive Dawson squaring up to each other - it was like a matador facing a bull.

Was his most clinical finish of the season.

We were actually in charge of that game as well until he did that.

Lots of players have misjudged the height of a ball and inadvertently glanced it backwards instead of heading it forwards. From what I recall Nugent looked mortified - which shows at least that he does have some loyalty.

Jordan Ibe to Derby.........another one bites the dust

Well, at least he'll fit right in straight away...

BBC said:
His deal with the Rams comes six months after he was fined £7,500, banned from driving for 16 months and given a 12-month community order after crashing his Bentley into a coffee shop in London.

Lack of ambition pal
Ibe is shite.

Liverpool mugged Bournemouth off for £15m and then pulled an even better more audacious stunt in mugging Bournemouth off a 2nd time for even more money with Solanke at £19m!!

Maybe we should present Ben Davies to Bournemouth wearing a Liverpool shirt...

I'm hearing that Rangers have offered £3m for DJ. To be paid in instalments over 4 years.. Like we'd really get the full amount of that? The can do one

It’s the norm for a transfer fee to be spread out over the course of the player’s contract.

North End might always want to pay fees up front, on the rare occasion we do spend money, but that’s pretty uncommon nowadays.

we won’t sign anyone till we get a fee for at least one of our big four, and at the moment it’s looking like DJ and even then it will probably be someone who costs us next to nothing , or will accept low wages . Or we will get a player on loan but only if the parent club pay a big part of his wage . I have been resigned to this for ages . Trevors given up on trying to get into the Premiership on the cheap, so every year now it will be a damage limitation exercise, sell high when possible and invest as little into the squad . We will still not break our transfer record while Trevor owns the club.

It’s the norm for a transfer fee to be spread out over the course of the player’s contract.

North End might always want to pay fees up front, on the rare occasion we do spend money, but that’s pretty uncommon nowadays.

Correct - however due to the financial position of Rangers & their historical problems we are reluctant to see any potential deal with an 'equal' spread of installments

Status
Not open for further replies.