PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

Job security ? There's loads of jobs. And as for mental heath (a relatively modern phrase for long term depression) if the young (and some old) stopped shoving drugs up their noses and inhaling obnoxious chemicals--weed etc, their "mental health" would improve no end. And we all know it, just try having a few days off the booze drug.
You clearly know jack shit about mental health/depression.

That is how the Tories want it, the workforce on minimum income, struggling to pay the bills, no chance of buying their own house, they can rent at extortionate prices and at the end of the month they are skint, perfect.
Lets be truthful, here, its nothing more than slave labour under a different name. Basic needs, barely, provided. Nothing more nothing less. Meanwhile the genuine layabouts, shareholders, are the ones that are gaining the fruits of their labour, while doing nothing more than checking the FTSE day by day.

Have you actually been watching the news? This poverty in working households is very real and its root causes are clear for all who want to see it.
To doubt it is IMO just gullibly swallowing right wing propaganda.
Which news? Those woke shit stirrers from ITN, or the BBC announcing what's really important, the Holy Month Of Ramadan ? Yes, I have. And that's why I said this. Can you not read ?

clearly there are hard working families struggling that need help and they should get it.

Lets be truthful, here, its nothing more than slave labour under a different name. Basic needs, barely, provided. Nothing more nothing less. Meanwhile the genuine layabouts, shareholders, are the ones that are gaining the fruits of their labour, while doing nothing more than checking the FTSE day by day.
Fruits of their labour...lo f*cking loud straight out of the manual

Great to see? The kids don’t need pandering too or their egos massaging, they need to be told in no uncertain terms that they cannot change sex or gender.

Interesting idea. What would you do though when they, (quite rightly) say 'it's none of your business, you silly old cunt'?

Interesting you'll defend one (albeit religious) group's right to express themselves (regardless of whether other, more narrow minded people, are disgusted by it) but not another's. 😉

Taking the piss out of us and any semblance of democracy. Not even an MP and representing the UK or a hedge fund. Take your pick. Filling his boots either way. The fecker needs deporting to Turkey, US or wherever he was spawned.

Interesting idea. What would you do though when they, (quite rightly) say 'it's none of your business, you silly old cunt'?

Interesting you'll defend one (albeit religious) group's right to express themselves (regardless of whether other, more narrow minded people, are disgusted by it) but not another's. 😉
Teachers are supposed to teach, it’s their core responsibility, along with the welfare of kids obviously. Lying to them and pandering to them is not doing them good in the long term, stupid ideas and demands such as gender neutral, trans, non binary etc, need calling out for what they are. Teenage angst and a desire for attention.

What you on about religious groups for?

So reassuring that we're all contributing in extra tax to save Lord Snootys local pub. You really just cant make this stuff up. In the same breath he talks about the days when the water supply was awful or how Labour would mean much higher taxes. This is what happens when you spend daylight hours in a coffin.

So reassuring that we're all contributing in extra tax to save Lord Snootys local pub. You really just cant make this stuff up. In the same breath he talks about the days when the water supply was awful or how Labour would mean much higher taxes. This is what happens when you spend daylight hours in a coffin.

I think this is why I am fine with the October election. They always seem to have been a group of out of touch fantasists but they've gone full out mental in the last few months. I actually think quite a few Tory seats will be lost from now until the election. Polling at 18% at the minute. It's like the end of the party.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question.

Nationalising Thames Water, can someone explain how this works, the shareholders are from nations around the globe, China, Canada, Abu Dhabi the UK. The main culprits for the demise of Thames Water was the Australian outfit who I believe have still got interests in other UK water companies, I can't remember their name, but there was a documentary about them, 3 hours called Lords of Water, they are a real nasty outfit, asset strippers and out to make as much as is possible by getting involved in a countries water supplies.

If the UK Nationalises water, what happens to the investments of the shareholders, and what happens to the private companies with interests in Thames Water, do they lose out on any rights or claims to the company, are they just told to pack up your bags and walk, you are no longer part of Thames Water, with zero claims for compensation?

Teachers are supposed to teach, it’s their core responsibility, along with the welfare of kids obviously. Lying to them and pandering to them is not doing them good in the long term, stupid ideas and demands such as gender neutral, trans, non binary etc, need calling out for what they are. Teenage angst and a desire for attention.

What you on about religious groups for?

Totally agree, hence why nobody in the classes including the teachers needs to get into a fucking boring culture war as you suggest they should. I'm not lying to anyone, I'm accepting a pupil's desire to be known as what they feel they are. That's my choice, the choice of the professionals around them. You talk about the welfare of children. The Welfare of kids includes accepting their right to a name they actually want to use surely?

If a pupil wanted to wear a star of David in my lesson or a catholic cross. am I expected to force my atheist belief that they are being lied to or should I 'pander to' (or, more accurately, respect) their beliefs then? You can't have it one way against one group because you don't like or understand them.

I think this is why I am fine with the October election. They always seem to have been a group of out of touch fantasists but they've gone full out mental in the last few months. I actually think quite a few Tory seats will be lost from now until the election. Polling at 18% at the minute. It's like the end of the party.

The Thames Water fiasco will sink them without trace. Their biggest own goal as its their main constituency. By the way, whats the betting the landlord of Lord Snootys empty local pub will be selling it off within the next 3 years after receiving £300ks worth of leveling down subsidy with no strings attached. Massive scams ongoing up and down the country to subsidise tory marginals at our expense

Totally agree, hence why nobody in the classes including the teachers needs to get into a fucking boring culture war as you suggest they should. I'm not lying to anyone, I'm accepting a pupil's desire to be known as what they feel they are. That's my choice, the choice of the professionals around them. You talk about the welfare of children. The Welfare of kids includes accepting their right to a name they actually want to use surely?

If a pupil wanted to wear a star of David in my lesson or a catholic cross. am I expected to force my atheist belief that they are being lied to or should I 'pander to' (or, more accurately, respect) their beliefs then? You can't have it one way against one group because you don't like or understand them.
By going along with their delusion you are perpetuating the lie and encouraging the stupidity. It’s fuck all to do with an imaginary “culture war” that people think is being fought, it’s about common sense and fact.

Don’t get me started on religion in schools, that should be kept out of education as well, especially when taught as fact. You should not be forced to respect anyone’s belief, belief is a personal thing, especially believing you are a different sex.

By going along with their delusion you are perpetuating the lie and encouraging the stupidity. It’s fuck all to do with an imaginary “culture war” that people think is being fought, it’s about common sense and fact.

Don’t get me started on religion in schools, that should be kept out of education as well, especially when taught as fact. You should not be forced to respect anyone’s belief, belief is a personal thing, especially believing you are a different sex.

It's not about common sense or fact, it's your belief. If, as a teacher, you put your beliefs above the learning or your pupil's wellbeing you aren't worth much as a teacher. Go be a priest or a podcaster or something.

Some people incorrectly (and without any knowledge or experience working with SEN conditions) believe things like autism don't exist. Should they just shout at the non verbal, autistic children I work with? Tell them to get on with it? To these bellends it would be 'common sense' and 'fact' too.

As you said before, teachers are there to teach, entering into a culture war (which is what it is, two believing different opposing things based on an ideology) doesn't help anyone. Letting pupils know you respect them for who they are helps everyone, always.

The Thames Water fiasco will sink them without trace. Their biggest own goal as its their main constituency. By the way, whats the betting the landlord of Lord Snootys empty local pub will be selling it off within the next 3 years after receiving £300ks worth of leveling down subsidy with no strings attached. Massive scams ongoing up and down the country to subsidise tory marginals at our expense

Totally agree. It's frightening. How the Infosys contracts aren't the headline news every single day is beyond me. Literally corruption at the highest level.

This is why I'm happy to put my vote to Starmer. Do I think he's a boring, centrist dullard? Absolutely. Do I think corruption will reduce significantly under his disciplinarian approach? 100%.

Totally agree. It's frightening. How the Infosys contracts aren't the headline news every single day is beyond me. Literally corruption at the highest level.

This is why I'm happy to put my vote to Starmer. Do I think he's a boring, centrist dullard? Absolutely. Do I think corruption will reduce significantly under his disciplinarian approach? 100%.

The morning after the absolute scandal at Thames Water reached new heights (including their head casually accepting that privatisation could well be needed in future (ie... literally billions of pounds of OUR money)... the Daily Mail screams about Angela Raynor, who bought a council house, actually lived in it - like a real person, sold it - but may or may not have been liable to £3,500 tax. Yet we had Jeremy Hunt making an "honest mistake" when forgetting about the 7 luxury flats he bought.
Having this story taking the front page, ahead of Thames Water, is beyond laughable.

1711706981696.png