PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

Using private companies just puts the administration costs up, as appeals generally overturn decisions, plus private companies will fail everyone and will do as the government tell them. I think the system needs sorting though, there are a lot of people 'swinging the lead' and claiming long term sickness benefits when there is fuck all wrong with them. The trouble with the Tories changing the way people are diagnosed as unfit for work will mean people genuinely sick and with long term illness will be penalised, and no doubt suffer as a result.

The UK has the highest number of people in Europe on sickness benefits, this chart might be wrong, but I can't be bothered to research it thoroughly.

View attachment 20682
I know of someone who couldn’t work due to back problems as soon as assessments came in, bingo ! They got a job.
Also heard a young lad saying to his mate that getting a job was a mugs game, he wasn’t getting out of bed for 8 in the morning.

I understand perfectly what you are saying Reacher and you are correct but as a Nation we can't fall for it. A tiny proportion of this Countries inhabitants take the piss and rip the rest of us off just like the billionaires do on a far grander scale.

We mustn't ever get blinkered into believing that the pond life are a drain on this Country because they really aren't. When we believe that then the genuine cases will suffer and that will never be acceptable in my book.

Edit... I'll put up with a few leeches if it helps the needy...

This is the nail on the head.

Are there people who claim long term sick and take the piss and milk the system? I know one of them, at the same time I know two members of staff CURRENTLY in my school who need that. Like, they are on possible suicide watch without that safety net. Over the course of say a five year period how many others need that.

It's the Tory comfort blanket. The scrounger is your enemy. It is not, under any circumstances, the billionaire PM whose wife didn't declare tax, who gives government contracts to Infosys to line his father in law's pockets and gave his mates billions in COVID contracts that he's now written off. Look at his Adidas trainers, he IS NOT your enemy

I know of someone who couldn’t work due to back problems as soon as assessments came in, bingo ! They got a job.
Also heard a young lad saying to his mate that getting a job was a mugs game, he wasn’t getting out of bed for 8 in the morning.

And, seriously, do you think the vast majority of the population live that way? I know these people exist too but percentage wise, to use them as a reason to block a sickness pay procedure that actual sick people need....well, it's selling a fucking lie again, just like the entire bollock that was Brexit.

This is the nail on the head.

Are there people who claim long term sick and take the piss and milk the system? I know one of them, at the same time I know two members of staff CURRENTLY in my school who need that. Like, they are on possible suicide watch without that safety net. Over the course of say a five year period how many others need that.

It's the Tory comfort blanket. The scrounger is your enemy. It is not, under any circumstances, the billionaire PM whose wife didn't declare tax, who gives government contracts to Infosys to line his father in law's pockets and gave his mates billions in COVID contracts that he's now written off. Look at his Adidas trainers, he IS NOT your enemy

It's not really hard to work out is it but why so many fall for the " elephant in the room " rather than the real issue is lost on me.... But scum bag politicians love it.

We all know one or two parasites, of course we do..... But we mustn't let that make us lose sight of those that genuinely need help. ie..Focus on the problem rather than the scummy by product.

Thankfully in much dwindling numbers.
Aye. Their whole Conservative philosophy is just becoming a totally unfit, outdated and inappropriate way in which a modern society can function fairly and properly. Needs consigning the dustbin now. It just doesn't work and even if it could, there's no one around anymore with the brains to coordinate it.

Aye. Their whole Conservative philosophy is just becoming a totally unfit, outdated and inappropriate way in which a modern society can function fairly and properly. Needs consigning the dustbin now. It just doesn't work and even if it could, there's no one around anymore with the brains to coordinate it.
Lets be truthful, there has never been a time in history when the Tories were fit for purpose. Each iteration just gets worse and worse but theyve always ensured a compliant media to continually tell us its raining when theyre pissing all over us.

Lets be truthful, there has never been a time in history when the Tories were fit for purpose. Each iteration just gets worse and worse but theyve always ensured a compliant media to continually tell us its raining when theyre pissing all over us.
Brilliantly put.

It staggers me so many decent folk on this island fall for it though.