PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Unpopular opinion

Stockley was immense today. Link up play was fantastic. Fouled loads and on another night would have been given more. Would have bagged if Sinclair hadn't gone for that header. Big part in the first goal. Shite finish though šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Decent showing by Riis. But let's not get carried away, it was 10 or so minutes. I want to see that all game. He presented them with a chance to score. No sign of this mythical pace he possesses either. Fantastic for both goals.
You got changed quick Jayden

Stockley was fairly effective in the first half, probably should have had a couple of free kicks but also was going down a bit too easy and was bullied a bit.

He missed a sitter which could have turned the game but thankfully it didn't.

I have no issue with Stockley's work rate and he does what the manager asks.

However, Riis missed a good chance on the weekend and made up for it by scoring a really good goal tonight from a way that Stockley never would do.

They are two totally different types of player but if you can't see already that Riis isn't a far better goal scorer then you need to watch alot more football.

Riis will score alot of goals for PNE, Stockley won't.
Going down easy is a subjective comment. He was fouled on more than 1 occasion and should have been given a number of free kicks. Also he dropped off and linked up play really well. Absolute sitter I agree. Should have done better. Not sure what you've seen to suggest Riis is a better goalscorer. 41 goals in 76 for Exeter compared to 18 in 72 for randers suggests otherwise. I'd be starting stockley then bringing Riis on against tired legs

He absolutely went down easily. Repeatedly. It was comical to watch him faceplant because he's bad at it.

Now I don't blame him for doing it, to a degree, since Fry was grabbing him round the neck early on, and the ref wasn't giving him anything. But he's bad at it, so it didn't ever result in free kicks.

He was better in the second half, in part because he stopped doing that and just tried to win the ball and make it stick more.

Going down easy is a subjective comment. He was fouled on more than 1 occasion and should have been given a number of free kicks. Also he dropped off and linked up play really well. Absolute sitter I agree. Should have done better. Not sure what you've seen to suggest Riis is a better goalscorer. 41 goals in 76 for Exeter compared to 18 in 72 for randers suggests otherwise. I'd be starting stockley then bringing Riis on against tired legs
Level 1 team in Denmark vs level 4 team in England.

Perfect comparison

As poor as the danish league is, youā€™ve surely not decided Stockley is a better goal scorer based on his League 2 tally?! That might be your worst take yet

As poor as the danish league is, youā€™ve surely not decided Stockley is a better goal scorer based on his League 2 tally?! That might be your worst take yet
Facts are facts James. What's your argument to suggest Riis is a better goalscorer? Can't be quality because he won't score 1 as good as Stockley's against brum if he plays till he's 48

Level 1 team in Denmark vs level 4 team in England.

Perfect comparison
I've no control over who they played for. I was told I need to watch more football if I can't see Riis is a better goalscorer. All I've done is prove stockley is. Or at least he has been up till now. It's ok to admit I'm right. It's a sign of strength, not weakness

I've no control over who they played for. I was told I need to watch more football if I can't see Riis is a better goalscorer. All I've done is prove stockley is. Or at least he has been up till now. It's ok to admit I'm right. It's a sign of strength, not weakness
Stockley was 25 when he was scoring for Exeter and his goal return before that wasn't great.

Riis was 21 when he was doing it at a higher level and offers so much more as a player.

Stockley is slow and one dimensional. He comes across as a really likeable lad and you can't fault his work rate but he doesn't have the ability to do it at this level consistently.

In 2 or 3 years Riis will be playing in one of the top leagues in Europe.

You've no control over who they played for but you can factor it into your assessments of them. By your logic a kid who scores 5 in a game for Garstang under 10s is a better goalscorer than both of them.

Stockley was immense today. Link up play was fantastic. Fouled loads and on another night would have been given more. Would have bagged if Sinclair hadn't gone for that header. Big part in the first goal. Shite finish though šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Decent showing by Riis. But let's not get carried away, it was 10 or so minutes. I want to see that all game. He presented them with a chance to score. No sign of this mythical pace he possesses either. Fantastic for both goals.

What relation are you to Jayden?

Facts are facts James. What's your argument to suggest Riis is a better goalscorer? Can't be quality because he won't score 1 as good as Stockley's against brum if he plays till he's 48
So that makes Ivan Toney a better goal scorer than Lewandowski and Ronaldo then

Deffo not a Wum or a lasher

Stockley is a blunt instrument and a physical presence - defenders don't like that.

Riis is an an awkward customer, looks to have an awareness of what's around him and has a turn of pace - defenders don't like that.

Neither is exactly the 'full package'.

Both have their uses if deployed well and play well to their strengths in the right games.

Both will have cr*p games and miss good chances (as did Barky did tonight).

Its the Championship - that's what you get.

Neither will play higher than Championship in my view but will do us a job.

But they both put a shift in when asked.

is it Nobber you are talking about?