PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Villareal v Man Utd

Do you think Marcus was actually on his phone 15 minutes after a final loss? He’d have been getting his medal and dealing with his media obligations.

It was his PR team. Of which he has signed with Rocnation. His new GF works in PR. And Manchester United have hired Neil Ashton, the former PR spin doctor for The Sun newspaper.

No that's a fair point, he may not have been on his phone. There is around 15mins between the footage of him sat on the bench and him getting and taking off his medal, so maybe it was his PR company, maybe it was him.

Maybe the racism only occurs when they lose and not when they win?
Suggesting its Utd supporters giving the grief and not the teams he is playing against.

Crazy isn't it, to be racist but to be racist to the people you pay to watch and celebrate when they score. It stinks of little angry impotent man syndrome.

I haven't a clue what this thread has evolved in to. United lost I know that. But after that? The motto is avoid social media. There are some nasty people out there. Just saying.

Never seen racist comments but the amount of abuse some of our own players get, on their timelines, after a defeat is appalling.
I think I can honestly say I've never slagged off any of our players after a poor team or individual performance.
I might have the odd moan but I don't think it's what could be described as a really good verbal kicking.
Where does it get you?

I think I can honestly say I've never slagged off any of our players after a poor team or individual performance.
I might have the odd moan but I don't think it's what could be described as a really good verbal kicking.
Where does it get you?
The comments you make about Henderson after a defeat are disgraceful.

Getting back to the game I thought Shaw was Utd's best player in the last few times I've watched them Shaw has been effective in defensive and delivers the best quality going forward. Pogba is a joke and Rashford has a shocker. I hope he doesn't get anywhere the starting line up for the Euros.

Interesting. I think if Roman Abramovich was the United owner, Solskjaer would be getting sacked after losing to Villareal. United seem to be so swallowed up by club 'DNA' and 'identity' that they are valuing it over hiring an elite coach that could win them trophies. Does anyone actually think that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will beat Guardiola, Klopp or Tuchel to a Premier League title whilst he's at United ?

Interesting. I think if Roman Abramovich was the United owner, Solskjaer would be getting sacked after losing to Villareal. United seem to be so swallowed up by club 'DNA' and 'identity' that they are valuing it over hiring an elite coach that could win them trophies. Does anyone actually think that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will beat Guardiola, Klopp or Tuchel to a Premier League title whilst he's at United ?

Seem to remember Allegri was linked to the Man U job a while back. The level of manager they should have been aiming for, IMO.

Playing Devil’s advocate here for a moment but didn’t they appoint Louie van gaal and mourinho who you could class as ‘elite coaches.’

Think ole is a pretty shit manager but there are bigger problems at United than just hiring an ‘elite coach’ as manager.

One of first lines in that article - Ed Woodward to spearhead Uniteds transfer plans ahead of his exit. There is the major
Problem. Until that changes they won’t be challenging for many league titles no
Matter who is manager.

Pep highlight - full back and a keeper. He gets them wins league.
Klopp highlights centre back and keeper - he gets them wins league.
Lampard gets the player in he wants - better manager wins champions league.

Playing Devil’s advocate here for a moment but didn’t they appoint Louie van gaal and mourinho who you could class as ‘elite coaches.’

Think ole is a pretty shit manager but there are bigger problems at United than just hiring an ‘elite coach’ as manager.
Those 2 managers you've mentioned actually won trophies for the club in fairness, despite not coming close to the title.

There have been major problems in the past with recruitment at United but a side with Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba, Edinson Cavani, Marcus Rashford, and others, should not be going season after season trophyless and losing major finals to the likes of Villareal. They were even only in the Europa League because they went out in the group stage of the Champions League, having lost to Istanbul Basaksehir, a side that finished 12th this season in the Turkish League.

Imo they actually have a very good squad now but the pro-Solskjaer fans/media say the squad isn't good enough in order to cover up Ole's shortcomings. He shouldn't be getting a new 3 year contract.

They need someone like Antonio Conte imo.

The tactical nous and ability that someone like Tuchel has shown in just 6 months to beat Atletico, Real, and City to win a European Cup just shows the difference an 'elite' manager can make by replacing an amateur/novice like Lampard. United should do the same thing now, but I don't think the Glazers have the same drive or ambition that owners like Sheihk Mansour and Roman Abramovich do to win trophies every year.

One of first lines in that article - Ed Woodward to spearhead Uniteds transfer plans ahead of his exit. There is the major
Problem. Until that changes they won’t be challenging for many league titles no
Matter who is manager.

Pep highlight - full back and a keeper. He gets them wins league.
Klopp highlights centre back and keeper - he gets them wins league.
Lampard gets the player in he wants - better manager wins champions league.
United broke records to sign Wan-Bissaka and Maguire for Solskjaer. The most expensive full back and most expensive centre back in history I believe. He's been backed in my opinion. Tactically he is just too limited to playing on the counter attack.

Manchester United have a soft centre. They don’t compare to the other big sides at CB and CM. Don’t see how any other potential United manager could challenge for the title without addressing this flaw. Yet most transfer gossip seems to still be about Sancho, Ronaldo, Kane, etc.

Manchester United have a soft centre. They don’t compare to the other big sides at CB and CM. Don’t see how any other potential United manager could challenge for the title without addressing this flaw. Yet most transfer gossip seems to still be about Sancho, Ronaldo, Kane, etc.
They're being linked with Raphael Varane.