PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Who's in the drawer, Peter?

What name should be in Peters drawer?

• Mike Marsh

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Billy Davies

Votes: 122 31.3%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 89 22.8%
  • Sam Allardyce

Votes: 34 8.7%
  • John Terry

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • Scott Parker

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Neil Critchley

Votes: 46 11.8%
  • David Challinor

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • John Mousinho

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • Brian Barry-Murphy

Votes: 63 16.2%
  • Ryan Mason

Votes: 56 14.4%
  • Roy Keane

Votes: 15 3.8%

• Total voters
Just mentioning names is pretty pointless at the end of the day.

The club should be looking at clubs who are outperforming their budget while playing a system and style that can work in the Championship (and not boring people to death).

Drum up a shortlist of these types of managers who would be within budget, and then do further due diligence. There are loads of leagues in Europe and plenty of managers who would love a chance in England.

I've watched loads of his interviews and he smacks of someone who's fires gone out. Todays Moyes isn't the one that dragged lower league players to the door of the Premiership.
So you're dismissing Moyes as yesterday's man who's lost his 'fire', despite landing a European trophy only 12 months ago, and has West Ham currently 8th place in the Prem, yet would be happy to take a gamble on Davies who hasn't even managed a club for the past 10 years because you don't like the current bloke.

This forum :).

The fact Davies is leading the votes, and we still have fan's championing him has got me thinking maybe Lowe was right about the badges comment.

Been some great shout's within this thread, but a washed up 59 year old who hasn't managed for 10 years and was sacked for essentially being a complete oddball (read up on his second spell at NF) is just such a lazy, unoriginal suggestion.
There's a few options on the poll that are a little daft IMO.

We aren't the only fans at this level who include him in polls like this but God knows why anyone thinks that Big Sam will come and manage a Championship side. The only way he'd join is if we were in the Prem and trying to avoid relegation. That's all he's interested in doing these days.

To be honest the most realistic name in the poll is Roy Keane and he's not managed a club in a longer period of time than Billy Davies. He has at least been coaching in that period of time although it's been 5 years since he was last in work.

King Billy.

0 chance Lowe is gone or going though, only when it looks like relegation could be real would he get potted.

I think we could lose 4/5/6 against West Brom and he’d still have a job.

Especially since the club have already paid for the knees up in Benidorm

So you're dismissing Moyes as yesterday's man who's lost his 'fire', despite landing a European trophy only 12 months ago, and has West Ham currently 8th place in the Prem, yet would be happy to take a gamble on Davies who hasn't even managed a club for the past 10 years because you don't like the current bloke.

This forum :).

Yes I am..... The fire in his belly that got him to drag us up from Gary Peters legacy has turned into contentment...... Exactly the problem we as a club have endured for years... He's not the answer.

David Moyes would be a great fit if possible. Can't see it though.

We all agree that Big Sam should have been given the job before that clown Beck but he wouldn't come i don't think as he has openly said he doesn't like how he was treated and wouldn't want to help us
On the contrary, I recall reading in the matchday programme for an away at Bolton in about 2000-01 how much appreciation he still had for the club because we gave him a chance in the late 80s and gave him a few more years at the end of his career.

The fact Davies is leading the votes, and we still have fan's championing him has got me thinking maybe Lowe was right about the badges comment.

Been some great shout's within this thread, but a washed up 59 year old who hasn't managed for 10 years and was sacked for essentially being a complete oddball (read up on his second spell at NF) is just such a lazy, unoriginal suggestion.

It's the football equivalent of getting back with your ex from when you were 18 after that relationship ended horrifically. This thread is actually a tragic defence of keeping Lowe.

And I voted Alex Neil. 🤣

PNE needs to look forward, not backwards.

In a sense Lowe was a step in the right direction - as he brought some positivity, profile and youth. It just turned out to be a false dawn. It happens in every job.

But I'm very much in the new ideas, new approach camp rather than a Big Sam / Moyes backwards move.
You think appointing Moyes would be a backwards move ??? Wow. He won a European Trophy last year.

I love Gally and hope he'll be back here one day, but probably too soon for him.

Anyway, cleanup after Lowe's gone will be messy and I doubt we'll have anything to spend.
He can't be far off, he seems determined to succeed, ambitious, a bit like Moysie when he started off, hope he learns quickly and ends up at Deepdale. How come he isn't in the voting list?

Would anyone take Rosenior? He was clearly the main coach when he worked with Rooney at Derby, and Hull have been a pretty decent watch most of the season. Did they underachieve with the squad they've had since January? Possibly. He's worth a punt in my opinion.

Would anyone take Rosenior? He was clearly the main coach when he worked with Rooney at Derby, and Hull have been a pretty decent watch most of the season. Did they underachieve with the squad they've had since January? Possibly. He's worth a punt in my opinion.
Dunno if you’ve watched them much but they’ve really not. Their underlying stats are almost as bad as ours with much better players