PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Champions League /Europa League

Boos at half time from the City fans.
Get a fuckin grip and remember where you were 20 years or so ago in league 2.
Madrid fans once booed their team off after a 2-0 win.
Once booed Ronaldo after 0 goals for 5 games.

Fans holding players and staff accountable for mediorcrity/shit are the reason Madrid are the most successful team of all time.

City fans now not accepting mediocrity, fair play to them.

If we did same. Maybe we wouldn’t be served up what we have. Sign some shite foreigner in summer though and all will be forgotten

Want them both to lose.
It isn't very patriotic, but so do I.

I would like to see the European Super League to form, and the top 4/5 Premier League clubs to join, along with Real Madrid and the rest. Maybe it wouldn't survive for long, although not many countries league structures are as good as ours with a pyramid comprising so many clubs. Ours is superb even down to the grassroots.

Maybe then Sky will stop giving vast amounts of money to the Premier League, and just maybe football might get back to some semblance of normality, with players on affordable wages, and the leagues would be more equal and competitive. Imagine 3 relegated clubs from the Prem without the parachute payments, and players in the championship on 3/4 grand a week or less. The club could help players train for life after football, so they aren't cast aside when they are 33/34 without any hope for the future.

The club could point them in the right direction, business courses or training for a skilled trade. Probably it could never happen, football has become insane, with half decent players in the Championship on 15/20k a week, a lot more if they play for someone like Leeds. It would be fantastic to see North End able to afford a better academy, and compete in the transfer market. Life before Bosman, but without the restrictions on player movement. It is ludicrous nowadays, clubs are always in debt and to compete they either have to have a very rich owner willing to spend, or have a fantastic manager and staff, able to compete on footballing skills, like Luton, Brighton and many others have done. Unfortunately, we have owners with no ambition, that pump money in to the club every season without moving forward. Why the Hemmings family continue with the club baffles me, they don't seem to gain anything, and just lose £10/12 million every year.

Tbh throughout the game I thought City fans were booing Madrid for constantly passing the ball around and taking their time to build from the back. Which is hugely ironic.

It isn't very patriotic, but so do I.

I would like to see the European Super League to form, and the top 4/5 Premier League clubs to join, along with Real Madrid and the rest. Maybe it wouldn't survive for long, although not many countries league structures are as good as ours with a pyramid comprising so many clubs. Ours is superb even down to the grassroots.

Maybe then Sky will stop giving vast amounts of money to the Premier League, and just maybe football might get back to some semblance of normality, with players on affordable wages, and the leagues would be more equal and competitive. Imagine 3 relegated clubs from the Prem without the parachute payments, and players in the championship on 3/4 grand a week or less. The club could help players train for life after football, so they aren't cast aside when they are 33/34 without any hope for the future.

The club could point them in the right direction, business courses or training for a skilled trade. Probably it could never happen, football has become insane, with half decent players in the Championship on 15/20k a week, a lot more if they play for someone like Leeds. It would be fantastic to see North End able to afford a better academy, and compete in the transfer market. Life before Bosman, but without the restrictions on player movement. It is ludicrous nowadays, clubs are always in debt and to compete they either have to have a very rich owner willing to spend, or have a fantastic manager and staff, able to compete on footballing skills, like Luton, Brighton and many others have done. Unfortunately, we have owners with no ambition, that pump money in to the club every season without moving forward. Why the Hemmings family continue with the club baffles me, they don't seem to gain anything, and just lose £10/12 million every year.

Stop talking sense mate. ;)

I'd love the Super League to happen and fail, however I know even it did and failed - the Premier League or whatever our top end league would be called - would allow them back in.

In my dream utopia, the "6" go and play 5 years in a Super League, nobody watches it outside tourists, they want to come back, aren't allowed and all either go bankrupt and fold or start in North West Counties League. Meanwhile, Prem and EFL agree a deal to merge with a wage cap system, in the interest of player welfare beyond careers, money is reinvested through the league and no team is allowed to financially dope the system like Man City did.

The xenophobia in this country holds no bounds.

Supposed best league in the world, 0 representation.

Madrid showing why their club are serial winners. Will win the Champs League now.

Ancelotti could be the GOAT manager.

No xenophobia here, expected Arsenal to lose and Madrid are always a danger.

Stop talking sense mate. ;)

I'd love the Super League to happen and fail, however I know even it did and failed - the Premier League or whatever our top end league would be called - would allow them back in.

In my dream utopia, the "6" go and play 5 years in a Super League, nobody watches it outside tourists, they want to come back, aren't allowed and all either go bankrupt and fold or start in North West Counties League. Meanwhile, Prem and EFL agree a deal to merge with a wage cap system, in the interest of player welfare beyond careers, money is reinvested through the league and no team is allowed to financially dope the system like Man City did.
I like your version of events, it would be perfect and solve the problems associated with the greed and unbalanced football leagues we have today in the EFL and Prem. Where would City be without the oil money, probably back and forth like Norwich or Watford.

City are boring to watch. They are as boring, if not more boring, than Arsenal under George Graham.
Technically its brilliant, but its fucking boring. Can't wait for Pep to piss off back to Barcelona once the 115 charges get applied. You won't see him for dust.

City are boring to watch. They are as boring, if not more boring, than Arsenal under George Graham.
Technically its brilliant, but its fucking boring. Can't wait for Pep to piss off back to Barcelona once the 115 charges get applied. You won't see him for dust.
I believe I saw where Pep intends to take a short sabbatical when his contract is up at City, and then look for a national team to manage.

I think they're the favorite now.
No doubt. Bayern is just having a bad season in general and I don't think can keep up. On the other side Dortmund and PSG don't really match up that well either.

Overall, don't much care who wins now, just think RM will.