PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

GMP

I was on the receiving end of GMP policing at Wigan several years ago 2005ish. Without going into detail, I had done nothing wrong but was batoned.

I think that was the day I put an official complaint into the IPC about the policing.

Would you believe it the cameras on that side of the ground where broken, the police commander picked that day for no radio conversations to be recorded. These where amongst many other coicendences. 😉

For a force which polices one of the biggest clubs in the world they really make a right mess of policing North End at Wigan.

I wont go their by train anymore as the policing is stuck in the dark ages.

GMP should have a word with how Lancs Constabulary handle around 7k at Ewood yearly with barely a sniff of Police on Fan trouble.

GMP, like SYP, are a set of nasty bastards who see footy fans as fair game.

Wankers.

Regardless of context - the officers appear to have the numbers and control of those that they are dealing with. There is no need for the continued blows that you can see. There is also nothing about how they are dealing with this that they would do in training and would be described as ‘reasonable’. Nothing will come of it though as coppers always close ranks and seem to have many lives.

As a University of Salford student, can say with confidence that the GMP are fucking awful and in almost every respect. Only ever had one good encounter with them out of the possible 50 times I've seen em about "policing"

I think that was the day I put an official complaint into the IPC about the policing.

Would you believe it the cameras on that side of the ground where broken, the police commander picked that day for no radio conversations to be recorded. These where amongst many other coicendences. 😉

For a force which polices one of the biggest clubs in the world they really make a right mess of policing North End at Wigan.

I wont go their by train anymore as the policing is stuck in the dark ages.

I was with a few Wigan mates heading back to the bridge which leads over the canal to the Brickmakers pub.

North End fans were nowhere near us and going in the opposite direction. The regular coppers kettled about 60 or 70 fans including families. They wouldn’t let us cross the bridge. We were there about ten minutes for no reason. The space allowed to us was made smaller and smaller. Kids were crying, people started stepping on each other and some fell out. Fans were asking the police to stop it and just let them continue over the footbridge.
Suddenly a TAG squad arrived as if in The Sweeney. Out of the back of a van some 30 yards away. I walked away from the cordon and was batoned across my legs by one of them and I was then set upon by 2 regular coppers. Wigan fans broke the cordon and dragged me away.

Once they’d had their fun they let us on our way. The police have a difficult job to do but these wankers just used ordinary men,,women and children for entertainment.

no idea what happened in this incident but without knowing what happened in the lead up to it, it doesn't look good from the police
having said that, we seem to have a few idiots following us whenever we get big away followings, about 3 or 4 rows in front of me, someone threw a bottle of beer at the beginning of the game which must have hit someone lower down the stand, these people need to think before they do stupid stuff like that

The footage doesn’t look good. We came in and left the other side of the away stand (I.e turned left when exiting the away end). Didn’t see any trouble and fans were mixing fine. I hope it didn’t kick off in Wigan town centre.

Fair play to the Wigan stewards, all the ones we came across were helpful and polite.

I did not witness this, however the GMP have a abysmal record in policing football matches in Wigan.

Officer on right side throttled some lad for no reason next to me as we were walking back to the train station. Absolute bellend

Whilst I was living in Manchester a few years ago, I watched the GMP throw a pregnant homeless woman to the ground when they were being moved on. They’re the worst police I’ve seen to date.

I was on the receiving end of GMP policing at Wigan several years ago 2005ish. Without going into detail, I had done nothing wrong but was batoned.
Tbf Mersey if you had picked up the accent of your user name....... ( joke)