PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

I think you may be on his land. 😀

Chris Packham on Hardtalk the other day at 4 in the morning. Very interesting committed character.
I saw that broadcast- at a different time. I really like that bloke. The documentary where he revealed his battles with autism a year or two back - superb.

Not sure if this fits on this thread, but what do you call this from the vile woman Kerry-Anne Mendoza?
Jew Baiting? Antisemitic undertones? Why the need to use that reference?

997C178E-7BD2-41B2-BE41-6800CCB1F13C.jpeg

Not sure if this fits on this thread, but what do you call this from the vile woman Kerry-Anne Mendoza?

View attachment 1401
Work sets you free.

I would say that she's comparing present rhetoric to a similar rhetoric from the past.

I dont take that as being antisemitic rather than a salient warning of where this might lead.

Jew Baiting? Not really using a historical reference of what actually happened to the Jews with what, at the time, seemed an innocuous phrase that many, in nazi Germany, wouldnt argue with.

We probably wont agree though :)

View attachment 1401
This is where I think that people accuse people of AS far too readily - to me, it looks like she is trying to compare the Tories to Nazis. She seems to do that a lot with people she doesn't agree with.

Not a comparison I care for, btw, and I find it pretty crass.

This is where I think that people accuse people of AS far too readily - to me, it looks like she is trying to compare the Tories to Nazis. She seems to do that a lot with people she doesn't agree with.

Not a comparison I care for, btw, and I find it pretty crass.
I agree, comparing them with Nazis, something Ive seen a lot, BTW, is taking it too far.

However, they used to be the nasty party but they’ve been the shameless c**tery party for a while now.

Work sets you free.

I would say that she's comparing present rhetoric to a similar rhetoric from the past.

I dont take that as being antisemitic rather than a salient warning of where this might lead.

Jew Baiting? Not really using a historical reference of what actually happened to the Jews with what, at the time, seemed an innocuous phrase that many, in nazi Germany, wouldnt argue with.

We probably wont agree though :)
You’ll be surprised because I’m not sure what to think other than it’s fucking sick and she knows exactly what she was doing when she wrote it.
She has form.

I don't know if she's anti-Tory and being sarcastic... or pro-Tory, Pro Brexit!

The Arbeit macht frei phrase is tasteless. Just not necessary... and attention seeking, I guess. Not antisemitic... just stupid IMO.
It's a phrase I have heard many times over the years as a staple of comedy and satire - whether in English or German. Never saw antisemitism in it and still do not in most cases (context is important, of course).

If Jonathan Pie said it, I might have laughed!

It's a phrase I have heard many times over the years as a staple of comedy and satire - whether in English or German. Never saw antisemitism in it and still do not in most cases (context is important, of course).

If Jonathan Pie said it, I might have laughed!
Hed have slipped,"verflucht," in the phrase though :)

If you look hard enough for racism and discrimination, you will find them, even when they are not there.

Witness this fine and juicy example of word salad complete with a game of trope bingo. Made me laugh:

I’ve watched that several times and still burst out laughing when he starts goose stepping. 😀
You can't beat a good goose step, especially with the finger as a moustache and the Nazi salute.

Often do that to the missus when she is in nagging mode, while saying 'Jawohl, Mein Fuhrer' in a shite German accent. She doesn't find it quite as funny as I do, for some reason :D